WTF of the day.....

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

LuthierJustin

Re: WTF of the day.....

Post by LuthierJustin »

LJ: 3DD's resident hipster

The Black Canary

Post by The Black Canary »

Ok so I get a phone call from my sisterinlaw, my dad at St E's hospital, threw his back out, so she takes him in.

Then she says he has been having this pain behind his right ear, funny feeling on his face, hard to swallow (yes I went there too stroke). Unfortunately my sisterinlaw is one of those people who just says something without finishing the story and you are standing there trying to pull it out of them.

So I get off the phone with her leave a message with my bro and then the waiting begins. So a few hours and 22 cups of espresso later I call the hospital and talk to the doc MFn' shingles WTF but they caught them before the lesions broke out.

So sister in law calls me back and I told her I had spoke to the doctor and she was very annoyed at this. Hey my father, I am his POA and health care proxy. Legally they can't give her any information. I had to authorize her to even be spoken to at St E's.

But other than the annoyance of the waiting I am very very and I mean very grateful for the Fn' shingles!!! The alternative would ....I don't know...not sure he would have survied a stroke...as he is missing my mom something fierce. Mom's birthday is next week and I know it is praying on him.....
so what is it like living with your mommy again BWAHAHAHAHAH

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Westboro Baptist Church Gloats Over Wisconsin Temple Shooting

I guess not technically a WTF because we're used to it but it should be.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:Westboro Baptist Church Gloats Over Wisconsin Temple Shooting

I really wish the media would collectively agree to ignore them
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

LuthierJustin

Post by LuthierJustin »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:Westboro Baptist Church Gloats Over Wisconsin Temple Shooting

I wish we could just cut out the middle man, and a crazy gun man would just take those people out.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

They are cretins, but I don't wish death on them

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

Kudzu Guillotine

Post by Kudzu Guillotine »

This is from TMZ, who else?

RANDY TRAVIS
Threatened to SHOOT, KILL ... Cops Say

Randy Travis threatened to shoot and kill the troopers who arrested him for drunk driving last night ... this according to the Grayson County Sheriff's Office.

The GCSO tells us ... officers received a call at 11:18 PM from a person who stated there was a man lying in the roadway. When cops arrived to the scene, they noticed Travis' 1998 Pontiac Trans Am had driven off the road and slammed into several barricades in a construction zone.

Travis was initially arrested for DWI -- but once he was inside the cop car, officials say the singer threatened to "shoot and kill the Troopers working the case."

As we previously reported, Travis was NAKED ... and rode bareback while he was being transported to the station.

When he arrived to the jail, cops gave Travis a shirt to wear for his mug shot ... and a paper suit to cover his man parts.

Travis is sporting a black eye and cuts in his mug shot -- injuries we're told he suffered when he crashed his car into the construction zone.

Travis was charged with DWI and retaliation for making the threats. Travis is currently in custody.

8:45 AM PT -- Randy has been released from custody after posting $21,500 bail.

LuthierJustin

Post by LuthierJustin »

Kudzu Guillotine wrote:This is from TMZ, who else?

RANDY TRAVIS
Threatened to SHOOT, KILL ... Cops Say

Randy Travis threatened to shoot and kill the troopers who arrested him for drunk driving last night ... this according to the Grayson County Sheriff's Office.

The GCSO tells us ... officers received a call at 11:18 PM from a person who stated there was a man lying in the roadway. When cops arrived to the scene, they noticed Travis' 1998 Pontiac Trans Am had driven off the road and slammed into several barricades in a construction zone.

Travis was initially arrested for DWI -- but once he was inside the cop car, officials say the singer threatened to "shoot and kill the Troopers working the case."

As we previously reported, Travis was NAKED ... and rode bareback while he was being transported to the station.

When he arrived to the jail, cops gave Travis a shirt to wear for his mug shot ... and a paper suit to cover his man parts.

Travis is sporting a black eye and cuts in his mug shot -- injuries we're told he suffered when he crashed his car into the construction zone.

Travis was charged with DWI and retaliation for making the threats. Travis is currently in custody.

8:45 AM PT -- Randy has been released from custody after posting $21,500 bail.

1998 trans-am? Really? Talk about redneck car

Kudzu Guillotine

I forget the year of the car but back in the 70's one of my brothers had an orange Pontiac Firebird. I have very fond memories of doing doughnuts in it while Zep II blasted on the 8-track. It was just how we rolled back in those days.

Beebs

Post by Beebs »

Crazy stuff they'll teach in Louisiana's publicly funded charter schools

By Cory Doctorow

http://boingboing.net/2012/08/08/crazy- ... ch-in.html

Louisiana governor (and retired exorcist) Bobby Jindal has signed an aggressive charter school bill that will transfer millions in tax dollars to religious academies run by evolution-denying, homophobic, climate-change-denying Christian extremists. Mother Jones's Deanna Pan went for a dig through these schools' official texts and discovered that Louisiana's publicly funded education system will soon tell some of its luckiest students that the KKK "achieved a certain respectability" by fighting bootleggers; "the majority of slave holders treated their slaves well;" dragons might be real; "dinosaurs and humans were definitely on the earth at the same time," and many other fun facts.

3. "God used the Trail of Tears to bring many Indians to Christ."—America: Land That I Love, Teacher ed., A Beka Book, 1994...

7. The Great Depression wasn't as bad as the liberals made it sound: "Perhaps the best known work of propaganda to come from the Depression was John Steinbeck's The Grapes of Wrath…Other forms of propaganda included rumors of mortgage foreclosures, mass evictions, and hunger riots and exaggerated statistics representing the number of unemployed and homeless people in America."—United States History: Heritage of Freedom, 2nd ed., A Beka Book, 1996...

10. Mark Twain and Emily Dickinson were a couple of hacks: "[Mark] Twain's outlook was both self-centered and ultimately hopeless…Twain's skepticism was clearly not the honest questioning of a seeker of truth but the deliberate defiance of a confessed rebel."—Elements of Literature for Christian Schools, Bob Jones University, 2001

"Several of [Emily Dickinson's] poems show a presumptuous attitude concerning her eternal destiny and a veiled disrespect for authority in general. Throughout her life she viewed salvation as a gamble, not a certainty. Although she did view the Bible as a source of poetic inspiration, she never accepted it as an inerrant guide to life."—Elements of Literature for Christian Schools, Bob Jones University, 2001...

12. Gay people "have no more claims to special rights than child molesters or rapists."—Teacher's Resource Guide to Current Events for Christian Schools, 1998-1999, Bob Jones University Press, 1998
Beebs is not a ragey man

Mrs Swamp

Post by Mrs Swamp »

Naked Man Covered in Crisco Told Police He was ‘Looking for a Place to Party’...oh my!!!! :o
http://gawker.com/5933353/naked-man-cov ... e-to-party
I've heard tales of what goes down there ...

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

I think locking threads, for the most part, is bullshit. Seems like we could decide for ourselves if a topic needs to be discussed.
E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

LuthierJustin

Post by LuthierJustin »

Mrs Swamp wrote:Naked Man Covered in Crisco Told Police He was ‘Looking for a Place to Party’...oh my!!!! :o
http://gawker.com/5933353/naked-man-cov ... e-to-party

:lol:

Penny Lane

Post by Penny Lane »

My WTF is directed at a lot of posters on 3DD in the RNC thread (which is now locked so I can't comment). Feel like i've been listening to different music than everyone else who shot quickly to the 'they need to make money' and 'they're not political' defense..== only Mrs. Clams, Sterling Big Mouth and I were upset about that possibility?

and yeah-locking that thread is BS unless it comes from the Big Guy himself...and god bless PH...
In my blood, there's gasoline..

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Penny Lane wrote:and yeah-locking that thread is BS unless it comes from the Big Guy himself...and god bless PH...

Disagree. Patterson shouldn't have any say on what can/can't be discussed here

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

Penny Lane wrote:My WTF is directed at a lot of posters on 3DD in the RNC thread (which is now locked so I can't comment). Feel like i've been listening to different music than everyone else who shot quickly to the 'they need to make money' and 'they're not political' defense..== only Mrs. Clams, Sterling Big Mouth and I were upset about that possibility?

and yeah-locking that thread is BS unless it comes from the Big Guy himself...and god bless PH...

We are on hiatus and have payrolls to meet and insurance and rent and babies always need new pairs of shoes, but we will make it work.

That's why I decided to not be so judgmental.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Smitty wrote:I think locking threads, for the most part, is bullshit. Seems like we could decide for ourselves if a topic needs to be discussed.

It's a mystery to me.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Beebs

Post by Beebs »

Smitty wrote:We are on hiatus and have payrolls to meet and insurance and rent and babies always need new pairs of shoes, but we will make it work.

That's why I decided to not be so judgmental.

I've got all these things too. But if the devil backed a dump truck full of cash down my driveway I'd still tell him to get lost.

Smitty wrote:I think locking threads, for the most part, is bullshit. Seems like we could decide for ourselves if a topic needs to be discussed.

Yes

Zip City wrote:
Penny Lane wrote:and yeah-locking that thread is BS unless it comes from the Big Guy himself...and god bless PH...

Disagree. Patterson shouldn't have any say on what can/can't be discussed here

Yes. What is this, a cult?
Beebs is not a ragey man

Beebs

Post by Beebs »

Now back to our regularly scheduled WTF? thread...

This obviously stable and reasonable pastor was recently fired for banging a 17 year old congregant. Go god!
Beebs is not a ragey man

Penny Lane

Post by Penny Lane »

Beebs wrote:Go god!

LOL

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Both Tampa threads now locked? WTF is this?

Gator McKlusky

Post by Gator McKlusky »

This locking threads bullshit is ridiculous
Looks like a bunch of little whiny fucksticks to me

Penny Lane

Post by Penny Lane »

Gator McKlusky wrote:This locking threads bullshit is ridiculous

agreed...c'mon..

whether discussion is based on facts, fantasy or fairy dust..it's still discussion..

Kudzu Guillotine

Bizarre rock 'ice shelf' found in Pacific

A huge cluster of floating volcanic rocks covering almost 26,000 square kilometres (10,000 square miles) has been found drifting in the Pacific, the New Zealand navy said Friday.

The strange phenomenon, which witnesses said resembled a polar ice shelf, was made up of lightweight pumice expelled from an underwater volcano, the navy said.

An air force plane spotted the rocks on Thursday about 1,000 kilometres (600 miles) offshore from New Zealand and warned a navy warship that it was heading towards them.

[Slideshow Giant iceberg's birth seen from space]

Lieutenant Tim Oscar said that while he knew his ship the HMNZS Canterbury was in no danger from the pumice, which is solidified lava filled with air bubbles, it was still "the weirdest thing I've seen in 18 years at sea".

"As far ahead as I could observe was a raft of pumice moving up and down with the swell," he said.

"The rock looked to be sitting two foot (half a metre) above the surface of the waves and lit up a brilliant while colour in the spotlight. It looked exactly like the edge of an ice shelf."

[Slideshow Amazing volcano lightning photos]

Scientists aboard the ship said the pumice probably came from an underwater volcano called Monowai, which has been active recently.

They said the phenomenon was unrelated to increased volcanic activity in New Zealand this week, including an eruption at Mount Tongariro that sent an ash cloud 20,000 feet into the atmosphere.

LuthierJustin

Post by LuthierJustin »

I'm glad I don't live in Canada!

Kudzu Guillotine

lajakesdad

Post by lajakesdad »

WTF has happened to this place?

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

lajakesdad wrote:WTF has happened to this place?

What is that they said about "all good things"?

Lone Wolf1

Post by Lone Wolf1 »