Walk MS 2017 fundraiser

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

whatwouldcooleydo?

Walk MS 2017 fundraiser

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

As some of you know, my wife has MS. I imagine many others here have relatives or friends who have MS, including members of our beloved band. I am walking in the Walk MS 2017 and raising funds. Please consider donating if you can, any and all amounts are appreciated. If you are interested, please go to my personal page

Walk MS 2017 page for whatwouldcooleydo?

this is at the site but I'm putting it here as well:

I've signed up for Walk MS—a charity walk that is changing the lives of people with MS and helping fuel progress toward a world free of MS. I'd love your generous support as I prepare for my walk.

Multiple sclerosis (MS) is an unpredictable, often disabling disease of the central nervous system that disrupts the flow of information within the brain, and between the brain and body. MS is different for everyone, and that makes it all the more challenging to solve. The first Walk MS event was in 1988, and since then more than $970 million has been raised for research and programs to improve the lives of people living with MS. Today, there are treatments where there weren't any before, and the dream of ending MS is becoming a reality. But there is still so much to do.

That's why I'm walking. I've set an ambitious goal because I know with support from people like you, I will have a great chance at reaching it. The money raised will drive groundbreaking research, provide life-changing programs and guarantee a supportive community for those who need it most. This cause is really important to me, so I hope you will do your part to help end MS forever.

Will you help me reach my goal by donating what you can?
Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

Clams

Re: Walk MS 2017 fundraiser

Post by Clams »

Very sorry to hear that your wife has MS. I didn't know that. Donation made. Good luck with the walk.
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

MS fucking sucks. :(

Lucky for you I got some good news re taxes yesterday. :)

Dude, come on. Aim higher!!! Be creative in your fundraising. You know, hold a car wash, rent yourself out as a gigolo, make bovine knievel have a bake sale (bake, get it?), etc.

Good luck w/ the fundraising & the walk.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Clams

Post by Clams »

beantownbubba wrote:
Dude, come on. Aim higher!!! Be creative in your fundraising. You know, hold a car wash, rent yourself out as a gigolo, make bovine knievel have a bake sale (bake, get it?), etc.
I was thinking of donating 10 cents for every beer WWCD drinks between now and the walk but I think that would put me like $500 in the hole.

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

What's with that goal? What do you have-like 3 friends. Goal is met. Now get out there and raise some money
Always go to the show

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

Jonicont wrote:What's with that goal? What do you have-like 3 friends. Goal is met. Now get out there and raise some money
What he said!

Done.
“Excited people get on daddy’s nerves.” - M. Cooley

one belt loop

Post by one belt loop »

Clams wrote:Very sorry to hear that your wife has MS. I didn't know that. Donation made. Good luck with the walk.
She is, however, a complete badass. In case you were wondering.
Matt playing like an evil motherfucker w/ rhythm with a capital MPLAEMWR.

- bubba

whatwouldcooleydo?

one belt loop wrote:
Clams wrote:Very sorry to hear that your wife has MS. I didn't know that. Donation made. Good luck with the walk.
Indeed she is! Diagnosed in 98 and, with a couple of exceptions (always at times of super stress level), she's been in remission. As many of you know, she runs half-marathons and trains 24/7/365 and for the most part the MS doesn't get in the way too much. Like most people with MS, she is prone to fatigue but she's learned how to minimize it as best as she can, and also has to lay low in high temps, which is an issue in Chico summers. Bottom line, she's been very lucky so far, we're very fortunate. Also fortunate to have high-quality health care, as the medicine is ungodly expensive

whatwouldcooleydo?

(1) I am truly staggered, amazed, and so thankful for all of your generous donations so far. Seriously, I'm moved as hell and as always, so glad to know you motherfuckers! As a good friend used to say, you're good people and I'd hate to lose you :lol:

(2) we set the goal where it is (though I am raising it as soon as I finish typing this) only due to me being such a slacker and getting into the game so close to the deadline. That's all on me

whatwouldcooleydo?

I have posted about it a few times. It's certainly nothing we keep secret but we don't force it into conversations, only bring it up when it applies. It's been a dream of mine to get Patterson to come to Chico and us do a benefit show for MS (he has a family member with MS, as does Jason). I discussed it briefly with him after the Tahoe show, hope to someday bring him to town and make this a reality. With him in Portland now it certainly isn't as difficult as it was when we lived back east

whatwouldcooleydo?

Clams wrote:
beantownbubba wrote:
I was thinking of donating 10 cents for every beer WWCD drinks between now and the walk but I think that would put me like $500 in the hole.
Hah! If you did that you'd get off easy. With Jen having a 13.1 in San Diego in 6 weeks she is tightening up her training big time, and with that comes decreased drinking, which I *try* to participate in as a show of solidarity. On the flip side, I also show solidarity when she wants a drink at the end of a stressful day :lol:

Hell, after the NCAA tournament and it's glorious result I could stand a dry spell :lol:

whatwouldcooleydo?

Jonicont wrote:What do you have-like 3 friends.
You've met me............. I'd kill to have 3 friends :lol: :lol: :lol:

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:
If you could do me this one small favor, I'll find you the other two friends. ;-)
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

Clams

Post by Clams »

one belt loop wrote:
8-)

whatwouldcooleydo?

John A Arkansawyer wrote:
whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:
If you could do me this one small favor, I'll find you the other two friends. ;-)
Is Tom Cotton the small favor?

whatwouldcooleydo?

This is our team (for those who haven't met Jennifer, she is in the green shirt)

So, the walk was yesterday and it was a big success! Our team was #3 in funds raised (nearly $3300), and on the individual level Jennifer was #3 and I was #10, though I have to note that she put our family donation in under her name instead of splitting it between us :lol: There were several hundred people registered for the walk here in Chico, so I am hoping that a lot of money was raised in our little town.

Updated: the total raised here was nearly $42,000!!!

I cannot thank all of you enough, you really came through and we truly appreciate it. You all have yuuuuuuge hearts and we love you bigly :lol: Seriously, it means a lot to us that you guys came through. Goes without saying that you can call on us anytime- you need us, we're there. I know you guys didn't open up your wallets for public recognition, but nonetheless you are gonna get some. Here's the alphabetical list of donors, I've doublechecked to make sure I didn't leave anyone out, and will go back and check again after this is posted. You are all MVPs and, once again, you're good people and we'd hate to lose ya!

AllisonsDC
Beantown Bubba
Bovine Knievel
Clams
John A Arkansawyer (ETA)
Jonicont
LBRod
One Belt Loop
Tequila Cowboy
UTheathen

give yourselves a huge round of applause, you deserve it!

Last edited by whatwouldcooleydo? on Wed May 03, 2017 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Nice work! The next walk is less than a year away so no slacking.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

whatwouldcooleydo?

beantownbubba wrote:Nice work! The next walk is less than a year away so no slacking.
we're already scheming :lol: :lol: :lol:

whatwouldcooleydo?

Once again, here's to all of you amazing peeps. Can't thank you enough