Your favorite band vs. Your favorite college football team

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

dee dee

Your favorite band vs. Your favorite college football team

Post by dee dee »

So your favorite band comes to your town on a Saturday night. Also that night, the college football team you have worshipped since you left the womb plays a nationally televised game vs. a conference rival they almost always have great games against. You've seen your favorite band twice this year. What would you do?

Zip City

Re: Your favorite band vs. Your favorite college football te

Post by Zip City »

DVR the game and go to the concert
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

Clams

Post by Clams »

Go to the show and DVR the game. You can watch the game the next day, but you can't do that with the show.
If you don't run you rust

dee dee

Post by dee dee »

Zip City wrote:DVR the game and go to the concert

Funny you should respond first. Go Hawkeyes!

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

If the choice were between GOING to the game or the concert, that would be a lot tougher. But TV game v. live concert? Get thee to the rail, sir!
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

you obviously haven't seen the "You know you're a music junkie when..." thread :D
“Excited people get on daddy’s nerves.” - M. Cooley

Penny Lane

Post by Penny Lane »

if it's just watching the game on TV, you go to the concert, unless you have tickets the next night in a city over (Like if MMJ are playing philly/boston/NYC swing)

if it's a conference matchup where it means something and you have a TICKET, you go to the game of course...over the concert

if it's a one only concert (such as MMJ playing Radio City) and there's a big game on tv, even if it's a conference matchup, you go to the concert.

so whatever is live i guess...or if OSU is playing TSUN and both are undefeated (as what happened a few years ago) then nothing, including your own heart surgery, is worth missing it.
In my blood, there's gasoline..

Penny Lane

Post by Penny Lane »

Also, just had to add, if it's a choice between a concert (such as MMJ playing Hammerstein) and going to a law school exam review for Contracts class, PLEASE skip the concert because you will get a D on your first exam and spend the next few years TRYING to bring your GPA up. I blame MMJ for my 2.9999999 GPA. It wasn't worth it because I'd just seen them play Bonnaroo (06). SO...learn that lesson.
In my blood, there's gasoline..

mjk73

Post by mjk73 »

if you have tickets to the game, game wins out.

RevMatt

Post by RevMatt »

Syracuse football hasn't been much to write home about in recent years, so it wouldn't be a difficult choice to make. But if The 'Cuse was playing in the Big East Basketball Tournament at MSG and DBT was at Irving Plaza? That's a tough choice to make.
I have nowhere else to go. There is no demand in the priesthood for elderly drug addicts

Cotter

Post by Cotter »

I dunno, I think the choice is easy....just think to yourself...

"which group of folks would be more likely to beat my ass for fun"

off to the concert!!
This is like asking me to dance to the sound of wolves mauling a reindeer.

scotto

Post by scotto »

Maybe it's because I have absolutely no collegiate loyalties, but I really can't imagine this even being a quandry.
Rock show!

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

Game, easy. You've already seen the band twice that year. Especially, if the band doesn't vary setlists much, it's much, much easier.

I say this as someone who has impeccable taste in music ( :lol: ), so I know almost every concert I go to will kick ass. Games, on the other hand are a gamble. If I miss the game, and it's epic, I'll hate myself forever. The show on the other hand is guaranteed to be good, AND you've already seen the band twice that year. To a lesser extent, you know what you're in for.

It depends on so much though. How the team is doing, how many of your favorite songs by that band that you've heard, etc. If you've never seen a ton of great songs by that band, and the team is shit, it's a different story.

GO CYCLONES!

Son of Swamp

Post by Son of Swamp »

i once had the chance to either see AC/DC or Florida play Georgia in the Swamp (which never happens).... I chose the Gators.
Segalegend.tumblr.com

Roy

Post by Roy »

The show, man! I'm buying you beers!

Erdlivz

Post by Erdlivz »

I'd have to see the Rock Show and get updates on the game as we go. I'd choose a ridiculous setlist over a transcending game unless it was vs. Your Favorite MLB/NFL/NHL team and the Cubs/Bears/Hawks were playing crucial games.

SandyBritches

Post by SandyBritches »

Yep - cell phone updates of the football game are better than cell phone updates of the setlist.

The greatest day of my life (partially ruined by a football loss, but whatthefuckever) was November 1, 2008. My FSU Seminoles at Georgia Tech, then walked down to the Tabernacle for the Rock Show.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

SandyBritches wrote:Yep - cell phone updates of the football game are better than cell phone updates of the setlist.

The greatest day of my life (partially ruined by a football loss, but whatthefuckever) was November 1, 2008. My FSU Seminoles at Georgia Tech, then walked down to the Tabernacle for the Rock Show.

Wait. There was a rock show at a place called the Tabernacle? That is too perfect.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

SandyBritches

Post by SandyBritches »

beantownbubba wrote:
SandyBritches wrote:Yep - cell phone updates of the football game are better than cell phone updates of the setlist.

Wait. There was a rock show at a place called the Tabernacle? That is too perfect.

Rock and Roll Means Well - Night #3.

Badass venue in Atlanta that used to be a church; the old pipe organs still serve as a backdrop to the stage.

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

Now that Tebows gone, the choice is easy. The game :D
and that pussy Alec Baldwin blew that girl away, and speaking of pussy Steve got it all!

SeanP

Post by SeanP »

SandyBritches wrote:
beantownbubba wrote:Wait. There was a rock show at a place called the Tabernacle? That is too perfect.

Rock and Roll Means Well - Night #3.

Badass venue in Atlanta that used to be a church; the old pipe organs still serve as a backdrop to the stage.

i member that show good show!
minus havin to set thru the hold steady!
great venue....
best venue in atlanta used to be a house of blues!
wish dbt would come back there and play more instead of the damn variety!
buckhead theater (roxy) aint worth a crap either!