Lurleen

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Lurleen

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Beth wanted me to let everyone know that she has deactivated FB but that she is OK. The post I shared in the politics thread about the offensive tee shirts on the plane had started to be widely shared and she was becoming afraid for her life. I am angry that something that brought my wife joy is now something that terrifies her. All that said she plans on being around these parts a little more often.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

whatwouldcooleydo?

Re: Lurleen

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

Jesus fuck.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

whatwouldcooleydo?

probably the same assholes running loose calling people "cuck" and telling all the special snowflakes to go back to their safe place

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:probably the same assholes running loose calling people "cuck" and telling all the special snowflakes to go back to their safe place
Don't forget bitching about SJW's and discussing "sexual strategies in a culture lacking a positive identity for men". :roll: :x

I tried to comment with politicizing it as it should be an issue of human fucking decency but there's no way to separate incidents like this from the alt-right "uprising" that's all the rage right now.
E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

whatwouldcooleydo?

Smitty wrote:
whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:probably the same assholes running loose calling people "cuck" and telling all the special snowflakes to go back to their safe place
Don't forget bitching about SJW's and discussing "sexual strategies in a culture lacking a positive identity for men". :roll: :x

I tried to comment with politicizing it as it should be an issue of human fucking decency but there's no way to separate incidents like this from the alt-right "uprising" that's all the rage right now.
damn, if you had mentioned Lena Dunham I would have had Breitbart Bingo :lol:

Lurleen McQueen
Location: the landmass between NOLA and Mobile- it's called Mississippi!

Post by Lurleen McQueen »

I am here in my safe place among my people. I am officially requesting a "do-over" for my birthday. We can hit re-set at the rawk show Friday night in Tuscaloosa. It will only be 4 days belated. Let's do it. Thanks for all the well-wishers and good vibers.
Consistently holding bullshit up to the light of reason

whatwouldcooleydo?

Lurleen McQueen wrote:I am here in my safe place among my people.
Good to hear!

tinnitus photography

Post by tinnitus photography »

Lurleen McQueen wrote:I am here in my safe place among my people. I am officially requesting a "do-over" for my birthday. We can hit re-set at the rawk show Friday night in Tuscaloosa. It will only be 4 days belated. Let's do it. Thanks for all the well-wishers and good vibers.
cheers to that.

down w/ the creeps and haters.

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:
Good to hear!

Ha, I posted KK's "Don't Let the Bastards Get You Down" for Lurleen on Fb earlier.
E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

whatwouldcooleydo?

Smitty wrote:
Good to hear!

Ha, I posted KK's "Don't Let the Bastards Get You Down" for Lurleen on Fb earlier.

Flea

Post by Flea »

Happy Birthday! We all really have to take care of each other even more now.
Now it's dark.

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

Facebook is why I quit announcing what shows we were going to and one of the main reason I don't care for HC anymore.. My dad has never been on facebook and it almost ruined his life. Luckily for him my nieces husband died in the middle of that bs, deverting attention. Our stalker,which was the final straw for me, still turns up on my mothers page. Way too conected for me.
and the rest as they say is uh er uh, well somebodies history somewhere?

alquina
Location: Indiana girl from a town a man with a "T" wrote a song about!

Post by alquina »

I can't quit thinking about these assholes. A do over Birthday is a great idea, just wish we could share it with you!

whatwouldcooleydo?

Swamp wrote:Facebook is why I quit announcing what shows we were going to and one of the main reason I don't care for HC anymore.. My dad has never been on facebook and it almost ruined his life. Luckily for him my nieces husband died in the middle of that bs, deverting attention. Our stalker,which was the final straw for me, still turns up on my mothers page. Way too conected for me.
Sorry in advance if I'm missing something that is obvious, but..... what is HC?

Wolf

Post by Wolf »

Swamp wrote:Facebook is why I quit announcing what shows we were going to and one of the main reason I don't care for HC anymore.. My dad has never been on facebook and it almost ruined his life. Luckily for him my nieces husband died in the middle of that bs, deverting attention. Our stalker,which was the final straw for me, still turns up on my mothers page. Way too conected for me.
homecoming

whatwouldcooleydo?

Wolf wrote:
homecoming
thanks (and to Rod also). From the context I doubt I would have put that together

Kudzu Guillotine

Post by Kudzu Guillotine »

I see people give their phone numbers out, addresses, what shows they're going to, when and where they're going on vacation, etc. I am cautious as to who I "Friend" on there but that doesn't stop folks from finding out such personal info, even if they don't have a FB account.

Clams

Post by Clams »

Wolf wrote:
homecoming
I don't get the connection bw Facebook and skipping homecoming.
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

Clams wrote: I don't get the connection bw Facebook and skipping homecoming.
Lets just say I 'm a anti social bastard and leave it at that.
and the rest as they say is uh er uh, well somebodies history somewhere?

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

Really sorry to hear this, TC. Well, no, that's not true. I'm pissed off to hear this. Anyone threatening a woman makes me want to put slap marks all over them.

Swamp I don't know the specifics of what you are talking about with your dad but my dad had something happen that was connected with Facebook that really caused a problem and resulted in him swearing it off.

I remain on book face but mostly just to have a connection with my buddies from the corps that I never, ever see. Otherwise I agree, way too connected and the whole thing is more than just a little creepy to me. You are talking to a man who hasn't had a cell phone in three weeks after all. I'm loving it. And if it were not for my wife who is about to kill me to get another one, I probably wouldn't.
A single shot rifle and a one eyed dog.

dogstar

Post by dogstar »

I wonder if you would mind telling us which airline Lurleen was flying with so we can consider whether flying with them in the future is something we want to do.
"Guitars talk. If you really want to write a song, ask a guitar." Neil Young

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Delta.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:Delta.
They didn't have anything to do with the t-shirts other than letting them onto the plane, right? I happen not to like Delta these days, but I'm not sure I blame them for it.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be