The Office

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

bootlegend

The Office

Post by bootlegend »

Am I the only one just now getting into this show? Thanks to the reruns on at least two different channels (multiple episodes each night), I am really getting into it. Too bad I missed out all these years, but now I have a ton of "new-to-me" episodes to watch.

GW in IA

Re: The Office

Post by GW in IA »

I'd say that about somes it up for me too. Not sure why I passed over it for so long, and even now I don't watch all the time, but I am watching the reruns more and more.
Reluctantly, our hero rises to the day, with a moan and a curse to an absent God.

whatwouldcooleydo?

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

been into it from the start. Current shows aren't what they once were, but any show that is that good for any length of time hits the wall. I hope they rebound. Dwight is one of the best characters on TV, and I do love me some Pam
Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

Penny Lane

Post by Penny Lane »

Dwight IS the man. "Which bear is best?"

This has been one of the best shows on TV for years.
You can't beat the Thurs night lineup/it alternates, some weeks 30 Rock is better, some weeks the Office. (this season, some weeks Parks & Rec)
This season the best eps were the wedding double ep and the baby double ep.
In my blood, there's gasoline..

Penny Lane

Post by Penny Lane »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:been into it from the start. Current shows aren't what they once were, but any show that is that good for any length of time hits the wall. I hope they rebound. Dwight is one of the best characters on TV, and I do love me some Pam

saw your signature-- just had my 'look at miss ohio' shirt on yesterday

whatwouldcooleydo?

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

Penny Lane wrote:
whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:been into it from the start. Current shows aren't what they once were, but any show that is that good for any length of time hits the wall. I hope they rebound. Dwight is one of the best characters on TV, and I do love me some Pam

Awesome, I love Gillian and Dave! that line pretty much sums up where my head is these days, that and "why do I keep fuckin' up?" :lol:

Agree about the NBC Thursday lineup, one of the few times during the week we watch anything on one of the Big 3 (well, other than Lost)
Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

bootlegend

Post by bootlegend »

The Dwight-Jim power struggle is always entertaining.

The timeline is sketchy to me still because one channel shows older reruns and the other channel shows more recent reruns. And my cable guide doesn't give episode numbers. Maybe I'll pick up the DVD's eventually.

Meredith (?) "keeping the breast pump warm" for Pam last week was excellent.

Hardcore Parkour!

Penny Lane

Post by Penny Lane »

bootlegend wrote:
Meredith (?) "keeping the breast pump warm" for Pam last week was excellent.

OMG Meredith! It's not sterilized!

Love when Dwight puts on his latex gloves "I'll have it drained in 3 squeezes." (paraphrased)

PeterG

Post by PeterG »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:
Penny Lane wrote:

Awesome, I love Gillian and Dave! that line pretty much sums up where my head is these days, that and "why do I keep fuckin' up?" :lol:

Agree about the NBC Thursday lineup, one of the few times during the week we watch anything on one of the Big 3 (well, other than Lost)

We've been watching for a long time also, every character on that show is hilarious, Andy has become one of my fav's, along w/ Dwight, and Creed. Merideth has the funniest stuff ever, the intervention, getting run over by Michael, her hair on fire, Pam's breast pump...

Saw, the Dave Rawlings Machine a couple months ago, best show inour town in a long, long time. I was gonna stow away on the bus w/ them after that night.
take a deep breath and throw yourself into it with everything you got...it's great to be alive!

AprilTwister

Post by AprilTwister »

PeterG? wrote: Merideth has the funniest stuff ever, the intervention, getting run over by Michael, her hair on fire, Pam's breast pump...

I almost peed during that whole intervention esp. when she started belly dancing :shock: :lol:
Last edited by AprilTwister on Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When the singer starts yodellin', you know you're in for a wild night

Penny Lane

Post by Penny Lane »

creed's manifesto....(lol) http://blog.nbc.com/CreedThoughts/

btw, did you know the character Creed was based on himself....a founding member of the The Grass Roots? just found that out this year.

Cotter

Post by Cotter »

Creed actually plays himself on the show - not just a character based on him....it's crazy.

He's an amazing actor and great guitar player as well.

Have you guys checked out Creed Thoughts??

(It's the fake website that Ryan created for him, but now he actually has a blog on-line)

That crap is nuts!!

I suggest watching some of the episodes on DVD with the commentary.....crazy stuff.
This is like asking me to dance to the sound of wolves mauling a reindeer.

Flood18

Post by Flood18 »

Gonna be interesting to see what happens when steve carrell leaves, i think this is his last season.

Cotter

Post by Cotter »

Flood18 wrote:Gonna be interesting to see what happens when steve carrell leaves, i think this is his last season.

Yeah I heard that too. He really brought it together early on, but there are some good actors in the show - it will be interesting indeed.
This is like asking me to dance to the sound of wolves mauling a reindeer.