3DD English Premier league Fantasy Football League

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

whatwouldcooleydo?

Re: 3DD English Premier league Fantasy Football League

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

sactochris wrote:
whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:So, the question to which I could not find an answer:

Are we allowed to go into negative $ in our bank? Are we penalized points or do we just pay the price for having negative $?

A transfer won't go through unless you have enough money to cover the cost of the player.
thanks!

god damn you, salary cap :x
Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

dogstar

Post by dogstar »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:
beantownbubba wrote:
dogstar wrote:Changed the team around a bit last week and bingo 99 points, mainly thanks to Mr Kane.
I guess he's not my secret, huh? :lol:
bless your heart
I was going to buy Costa but then he started messing around.
"Guitars talk. If you really want to write a song, ask a guitar." Neil Young

whatwouldcooleydo?

dogstar wrote:I was going to buy Costa but then he started messing around.
Costa being Costa :x :x :x

I have him and he is causing me no small measure of consternation

whatwouldcooleydo?

http://deadspin.com/dutch-groundskeeper ... 1791285565

Dutch Snow Dong: tremendous band name

whatwouldcooleydo?

that would be Chico State's very own Chris Wondolowski
Last edited by whatwouldcooleydo? on Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

whatwouldcooleydo?

Arsenal-Burnley today

if they used 4-letter designations, this match would have been ARSE-BURN

allisonsdc
Site Admin

Post by allisonsdc »

That PK given to Burnley was such a joke and the ref knew it, which is probably why he immediately turned around and gave ARSE a PK (even though that one was totally justified). Dogstar is closing in on me so I was relieved when my team captain was selected to take the kick -- I needed those double points ;)
I keep it all together for the sake of the kids.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

allisonsdc wrote:That PK given to Burnley was such a joke and the ref knew it, which is probably why he immediately turned around and gave ARSE a PK (even though that one was totally justified). Dogstar is closing in on me so I was relieved when my team captain was selected to take the kick -- I needed those double points ;)
The PK not given to Man City was pretty outrageous even though it worked in favor of my rooting and fantasy interests.

If dogstar is closing in on you I suppose I'm closing in on my first billion dollars. Good to know :lol:
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

sactochris

Post by sactochris »

Watching F.A. cup coverage this weekend and I must say that I have been enjoying the charms of the lovely Kate Abdo. I hope Rebecca Lowe isn't getting jealous. It's also really cool seeing Warren Barton again.
Keep calm and have a cigar

whatwouldcooleydo?

sactochris wrote:Watching F.A. cup coverage this weekend and I must say that I have been enjoying the charms of the lovely Kate Abdo. I hope Rebecca Lowe isn't getting jealous. It's also really cool seeing Warren Barton again.
Indeed, I am a fan of Warren Barton.

Joey Barton? not so much :x

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

What an oddly bad week for everyone made doubly odd by the fact that the high score of 41 points was recorded by all 3 of the top teams. I didn't look, but have your rosters begun to resemble each other a bit too closely?
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

disgruntledgoat

Post by disgruntledgoat »

sactochris wrote:Watching F.A. cup coverage this weekend and I must say that I have been enjoying the charms of the lovely Kate Abdo. I hope Rebecca Lowe isn't getting jealous. It's also really cool seeing Warren Barton again.

Fun Joey Barton fact, his brother is a racist axe murderer

Gang Green

Post by Gang Green »

beantownbubba wrote:What an oddly bad week for everyone made doubly odd by the fact that the high score of 41 points was recorded by all 3 of the top teams. I didn't look, but have your rosters begun to resemble each other a bit too closely?
There are a few common players among the top three, and folks have gravitated to Spurs players.

When Harry Kane doesn't score, the scores are low. Spurs laid an egg this week.

whatwouldcooleydo?

disgruntledgoat wrote:

Fun Joey Barton fact, his brother is a racist axe murderer
I thought that WAS Joey

Gang Green

Post by Gang Green »

Gang Green wrote:
beantownbubba wrote:What an oddly bad week for everyone made doubly odd by the fact that the high score of 41 points was recorded by all 3 of the top teams. I didn't look, but have your rosters begun to resemble each other a bit too closely?
There are a few common players among the top three, and folks have gravitated to Spurs players.

When Harry Kane doesn't score, the scores are low. Spurs laid an egg this week.
Did I say Harry Kane, I meant Lukaku. I'm a little different from those in the league because my forwards suck.

allisonsdc
Site Admin

Post by allisonsdc »

I would like to congratulate WWCD on Squatney Heelspur's winning the 3DD League this week. Well done, sir! :D
I keep it all together for the sake of the kids.

sactochris

Post by sactochris »

allisonsdc wrote:I would like to congratulate WWCD on Squatney Heelspur's winning the 3DD League this week. Well done, sir! :D

You're still killing it! I've been playing this game for many years and rarely does someone charge out of the gate and then just continue to kick ass week after week.

Gang Green

Post by Gang Green »

Hey sactochris, question, or call me lazy for not reading the rules myself. Man City doesn't have a match scheduled for the next group of Premiership matches in two weeks. Do I sit DeBruyne, or does Man City have a match which was rescheduled which would be attributed to that week? Or, is it up to me to find out for myself? DeBruyne has been playing some beautiful midfield type football, but his goals and assists have dried up. I might not want to start him anyway.

Until then go Sutton United this weekend

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

want to put up a little shout out for Arsenal here. a few weeks ago, a really good friend of mine was returning home from an Arsenal match & was mugged at an ATM. my friend has some mobility issues & lives in Bristol. he's a life long Gunner & season ticket holder. anyway, he was badly beaten & is still in the hospital. he has some permanent vision loss in 1 eye from the attack. i live in Seattle & was feeling very angry & frustrated & sad about the situation, so i fired off an epic email to Arsenal telling them about the situation. given the circumstances, i thought they would want to know. much to my surprise, i received a response in about 3 hours from the club. to date, i have had 5 different people from the organization contact me. i explained that i was looking for something to cheer my buddy up as he was feeling very down (naturally). last week he received a stack of (really) signed photos from many of the players. he was pretty happy about that. then on saturday, the capper. he received a personal letter from manager Arsene Wenger that was get well wishes & an inspirational message. i had an idea that a get well card was coming from coach Wenger but the letter was a surprise. needless to say, my friend was "more than a bit chuffed". it did indeed cheer him up when it was much needed. goes to show that Arsenal are a 1st class organization who really care about their fans. my friend's wife was amazed i could orchestrate this from the other side of the world. i will say i wrote a hell of an email but the credit goes to Arsenal. Up the Gunners!
PS: hopefully my friend is getting out of the hospital after about 3 weeks later this week. & the police caught the 3 scum who attacked him. there were witnesses, video & an audio player taken had a GPS in it. there isn't a hole deep or dark enough as far as i'm concerned!

Gang Green

Post by Gang Green »

chuckrh wrote:want to put up a little shout out for Arsenal here. a few weeks ago, a really good friend of mine was returning home from an Arsenal match & was mugged at an ATM. my friend has some mobility issues & lives in Bristol. he's a life long Gunner & season ticket holder. anyway, he was badly beaten & is still in the hospital. he has some permanent vision loss in 1 eye from the attack. i live in Seattle & was feeling very angry & frustrated & sad about the situation, so i fired off an epic email to Arsenal telling them about the situation. given the circumstances, i thought they would want to know. much to my surprise, i received a response in about 3 hours from the club. to date, i have had 5 different people from the organization contact me. i explained that i was looking for something to cheer my buddy up as he was feeling very down (naturally). last week he received a stack of (really) signed photos from many of the players. he was pretty happy about that. then on saturday, the capper. he received a personal letter from manager Arsene Wenger that was get well wishes & an inspirational message. i had an idea that a get well card was coming from coach Wenger but the letter was a surprise. needless to say, my friend was "more than a bit chuffed". it did indeed cheer him up when it was much needed. goes to show that Arsenal are a 1st class organization who really care about their fans. my friend's wife was amazed i could orchestrate this from the other side of the world. i will say i wrote a hell of an email but the credit goes to Arsenal. Up the Gunners!
PS: hopefully my friend is getting out of the hospital after about 3 weeks later this week. & the police caught the 3 scum who attacked him. there were witnesses, video & an audio player taken had a GPS in it. there isn't a hole deep or dark enough as far as i'm concerned!
Thanks for sharing, great story. Now you're making me feel back for pulling for Sutton United in the FA Cup clash this weekend. And, to top it off, the Arse wanted to transfer their game fee to Sutton United, so Sutton would get all 100% of the gate receipts, but the FA put a stop to that. And, they wanted Sutton to get all the TV revenue for the game. Okay, I'm not an Arsenal fan, but I do have a soft spot. Arsene Wenger was hired by Arsenal the day after my daughter was born in a London hostipal, now she's a sophomore in college. Though he's older now, he still seems to have a modern approach and is willing to thing outside the box. I don't know if you watch the Premiership on NBCSP or watch the Men in Blazers, but you should send the story above along with your email to Men in Blazers. You just might get a response, and its a story which should be heard.

whatwouldcooleydo?

Speaking of Arsenal, they got their arse kicked 5-1 by Bayern Munich today in the Champions League round of 16 (leg 1).

The world hasn't seen the British roll over in Munich like this since Neville Chamberlain :P :P :P

Gang Green

Post by Gang Green »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:Speaking of Arsenal, they got their arse kicked 5-1 by Bayern Munich today in the Champions League round of 16 (leg 1).

The world hasn't seen the British roll over in Munich like this since Neville Chamberlain :P :P :P
There's still a second leg and Arsenal did get an away goal which counts for something. Doesn't it?

whatwouldcooleydo?

Gang Green wrote:
whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:Speaking of Arsenal, they got their arse kicked 5-1 by Bayern Munich today in the Champions League round of 16 (leg 1).

There's still a second leg and Arsenal did get an away goal which counts for something. Doesn't it?
Barcelona's in the same "4 goals down" hole (well, like you said, there is Arsenal's away goal). Will be stunned to see either advance to round of 8

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

Gang Green wrote:
chuckrh wrote:want to put up a little shout out for Arsenal here. a few weeks ago, a really good friend of mine was returning home from an Arsenal match & was mugged at an ATM. my friend has some mobility issues & lives in Bristol. he's a life long Gunner & season ticket holder. anyway, he was badly beaten & is still in the hospital. he has some permanent vision loss in 1 eye from the attack. i live in Seattle & was feeling very angry & frustrated & sad about the situation, so i fired off an epic email to Arsenal telling them about the situation. given the circumstances, i thought they would want to know. much to my surprise, i received a response in about 3 hours from the club. to date, i have had 5 different people from the organization contact me. i explained that i was looking for something to cheer my buddy up as he was feeling very down (naturally). last week he received a stack of (really) signed photos from many of the players. he was pretty happy about that. then on saturday, the capper. he received a personal letter from manager Arsene Wenger that was get well wishes & an inspirational message. i had an idea that a get well card was coming from coach Wenger but the letter was a surprise. needless to say, my friend was "more than a bit chuffed". it did indeed cheer him up when it was much needed. goes to show that Arsenal are a 1st class organization who really care about their fans. my friend's wife was amazed i could orchestrate this from the other side of the world. i will say i wrote a hell of an email but the credit goes to Arsenal. Up the Gunners!
Thanks for sharing, great story. Now you're making me feel back for pulling for Sutton United in the FA Cup clash this weekend. And, to top it off, the Arse wanted to transfer their game fee to Sutton United, so Sutton would get all 100% of the gate receipts, but the FA put a stop to that. And, they wanted Sutton to get all the TV revenue for the game. Okay, I'm not an Arsenal fan, but I do have a soft spot. Arsene Wenger was hired by Arsenal the day after my daughter was born in a London hostipal, now she's a sophomore in college. Though he's older now, he still seems to have a modern approach and is willing to thing outside the box. I don't know if you watch the Premiership on NBCSP or watch the Men in Blazers, but you should send the story above along with your email to Men in Blazers. You just might get a response, and its a story which should be heard.
I will check out your suggestion about Men in Blazers. I haven't really watched it but I have been watching Arsenal matches in the wee hours of the morning here. Toward the end of the NFL season, I had my buddy watching the Seahawks late at night in England. Your story about Arsenal wanting Sutton to have the extra money would seem to back my contention that Arsenal is 1st class. I did send an email to owner Stan Kroenke via his company in Denver to tell him about the good works of his employees. Don't know if he will get it but I am hoping he does. I've read online there is talk about coach Wenger possibly retiring. After 21 years as coach he certainly has earned a break but I hope he continues for another year or 2. The Gunners have had a pretty amazing run since hiring him if you look at the totality. I'm glad you liked the story & if you could send prayers/good thoughts to my friend would appreciate it. He's still in the hospital, coming up on 3 weeks now. Things are improving but there are still some issues.

sactochris

Post by sactochris »

Gang Green wrote:Hey sactochris, question, or call me lazy for not reading the rules myself. Man City doesn't have a match scheduled for the next group of Premiership matches in two weeks. Do I sit DeBruyne, or does Man City have a match which was rescheduled which would be attributed to that week? Or, is it up to me to find out for myself? DeBruyne has been playing some beautiful midfield type football, but his goals and assists have dried up. I might not want to start him anyway.

Until then go Sutton United this weekend

The make up match is added on to an existing week of fixtures. During that week Man City will play two matches. That's always a an opportunity if he happens to play in both matches and do well in both. Make him the captain and he might really score you some points.

sactochris

Post by sactochris »

That's a great story! When I was in London in 2012 I really wanted to see Arsenal/QPR at the Emirates. I had no luck getting tickets. They never went on sale to the general public. And that was for QPR! Can you imagine getting your hands on tickets for a north London Derby? Made me appreciate that much more the ticket for Chelsea/Man U at Stamford bridge that my pal Keith was able to get me by virtue of him being a long time Chelsea season ticket holder.

whatwouldcooleydo?

am I a bad person for wishing extremely bad things to rain down upon Joey Barton?

this isn't as random as it may seem: I watched Burnley-Lincoln today and Barton was even more douchie than usual

sactochris

Post by sactochris »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:am I a bad person for wishing extremely bad things to rain down upon Joey Barton?

this isn't as random as it may seem: I watched Burnley-Lincoln today and Barton was even more douchie than usual

He isn't moving on to the next round, now is he? Instead, the first non league side in over a century is headed to the quarter finals.
And in direct response to your question, no, hating Joey Barton is about as obligatory as hating Milo.

whatwouldcooleydo?

sactochris wrote:
whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:am I a bad person for wishing extremely bad things to rain down upon Joey Barton?

He isn't moving on to the next round, now is he? Instead, the first non league side in over a century is headed to the quarter finals.
And in direct response to your question, no, hating Joey Barton is about as obligatory as hating Milo.
what do you have against Milo?

:P :P :P

disgruntledgoat

Post by disgruntledgoat »

sactochris wrote:

To be fair to Joey Barton, he had a brief high-point just after the 2010 World Cup when England had their usual undignified early exit. Asked about the rash of "Tell All" autobiographies the squad produced he attributed it to an effect know as "I played shit, here's my book!"

When he was later picked for England, Frank Lampard refused to sit with him at the dinner table because of the remark causing the well-known Team Player to remark "It's ok, I wasn't going to steal your breakfast you fat prick!"