3DD English Premier league Fantasy Football League

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

dogstar

Re: 3DD English Premier league Fantasy Football League

Post by dogstar »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:
dogstar wrote:In terms of ticket prices, etc it can work in very strange ways. At the moment Villa are getting larger crowds this year than they did at the end of last season but the prices are still the same. I'm not sure about clubs raising prices when they come up, I'll let you know next year.
I see what you did there :lol: :lol: :lol:

I like the way you think
Thought you might appreciate that :D
"Guitars talk. If you really want to write a song, ask a guitar." Neil Young

whatwouldcooleydo?

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

dogstar wrote:
whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:
dogstar wrote:In terms of ticket prices, etc it can work in very strange ways. At the moment Villa are getting larger crowds this year than they did at the end of last season but the prices are still the same. I'm not sure about clubs raising prices when they come up, I'll let you know next year.
I see what you did there :lol: :lol: :lol:

I like the way you think
Thought you might appreciate that :D
You are on the ground, so I'll go with your take, but from afar there doesn't seem to be much reason for optimism at this point. Thankfully the marathon has barely even started, there is a long, long way to go
Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Thanks for the very helpful responses. I hope to get the hang of this thing some day and this is a great start.

Allison, I love that half price lemonade story :)
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

dogstar

Post by dogstar »

beantownbubba wrote:Thanks for the very helpful responses. I hope to get the hang of this thing some day and this is a great start.

The lemonade story just sounds like rubbing it in to me.
"Guitars talk. If you really want to write a song, ask a guitar." Neil Young

allisonsdc
Site Admin

Post by allisonsdc »

dogstar wrote:
beantownbubba wrote:Thanks for the very helpful responses. I hope to get the hang of this thing some day and this is a great start.

The lemonade story just sounds like rubbing it in to me.
If I was offering a discount on lemonade, I would be just rubbing it in. But, my children aren't cruel like their mother (at least not yet). They truly felt sorry for the Manchester United fans.
I keep it all together for the sake of the kids.

whatwouldcooleydo?

allisonsdc wrote:They truly felt sorry for the Manchester United fans.
no one else is feeling sorry for them :P

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

A pretty sad week across our league last week, but nonetheless I would like to point out that it was the first time I led the league. Spurs v. Man City this wkend: I've got 3 players from each squad. Yikes! I took Lloris out of goal to try to ease my psychic dissonance.

allisonsdc
Site Admin

Post by allisonsdc »

It was a dismal week for fantasy EPL, indeed. I never should have traded Aguero for Costa!! I traded him back for this week. Now watch Costa go and score a hat trick.

Congratulations on leading the league last week, Bubba! It will be interesting to see how the Spurs vs. Man City match pans out for your fantasy team. Good luck!
I keep it all together for the sake of the kids.

whatwouldcooleydo?

a great friend in Austin took this pic Sunday at ACL during Willie's set. Totally surprised (1) that there is a Villa fan there, and (2) that someone hadn't already torn down the flag! I know flag flying is big at Euro/English festivals, but it typically is not welcome here. Glad to see AVFC represented, nonetheless

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

allisonsdc wrote:It was a dismal week for fantasy EPL, indeed. I never should have traded Aguero for Costa!! I traded him back for this week. Now watch Costa go and score a hat trick.

Congratulations on leading the league last week, Bubba! It will be interesting to see how the Spurs vs. Man City match pans out for your fantasy team. Good luck!
Somehow missed this post. Thanks Allison.

How many "international breaks" are there? I don't think i will ever get used to the english/world futbol schedule which confuses and bores the hell out of me. But it quickly becomes clear that unless MLS conforms to that schedule it can never be a first class league, so however long that might take anyway, it's going to take a lot longer unless they change.

whatwouldcooleydo?

5-Year-Old Diehard Celtic Fan Calls Up Club To Apologize For Missing Game

this is, of course, from Scotland, but this thread is the only place it makes sense to post it

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:5-Year-Old Diehard Celtic Fan Calls Up Club To Apologize For Missing Game

this is, of course, from Scotland, but this thread is the only place it makes sense to post it
If true this is awesome but I have my doubts. I mean, after all, how did he afford to buy those season tickets anyway? I think this story should find a place in the DBT forum as an inspiration to fans everywhere, especially slackers who can't make it to homecoming because their wife's having a baby or some shit like that.

Meanwhile I very seriously could have done w/out that pic of the guy in the blue shirt behind the announcers. :shock:

whatwouldcooleydo?

beantownbubba wrote:Meanwhile I very seriously could have done w/out that pic of the guy in the blue shirt behind the announcers. :shock:
drooling guy: (Boston) Celtic fan

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

This is the problem w/ playing fantasy sports:

My rooting interest is with Spurs. Their star is Harry Kane and I have him on my fantasy team. Kane's been hurt so I have him on my reserve squad. I wake up early on Sunday morning to watch the Spurs - Arsenal derby and to my great surprise, Harry Kane was in the starting lineup. So there i was rooting for Spurs but hoping that Kane didn't do anything too good :lol: Sure, enough he scored Spurs only goal. :lol: Of course his replacement on my squad did nothing for me.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Just thought I'd mention that Harry Kane scored two goals after the 88th minute on Saturday, leading Spurs to a late victory and dragging Boots for Bubba along w/ them.

On the whole I have to say that having your star healthy and playing is a lot better than having him hurt and inactive. :D

whatwouldcooleydo?

beantownbubba wrote:Just thought I'd mention that Harry Kane scored two goals after the 88th minute on Saturday, leading Spurs to a late victory and dragging Boots for Bubba along w/ them.

On the whole I have to say that having your star healthy and playing is a lot better than having him hurt and inactive. :D
my wife is Spurs and that made her very happy, especially given how it looked like certain doom for them.

Blame it on Kane!

whatwouldcooleydo?

obviously not Premier League, but still: the Chapecoense plane crash is such a brutal, horrible story. Hard to find proper words for something of this scale.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Led by my trio of Spurs, it was a good weekend for Boots. It was a dominating performance by Spurs but the interesting thing to me was that even though Spurs were in control, Swansea was hanging in until a questionable penalty was called and made by Harry Kane. The call was unfair, but the 1-0 score was much more reflective of the nature of the game than 0-0. Once Spurs scored it was like Swansea realized how overmatched they were and the floodgates opened. Hard to believe the result would have been much different w/out that call, yet the call seemed to mark a fundamental change.

Our league seems to be settling into 3 divisions. Very competitive w/in the 2nd and 3rd divisions w/ allison way out in front, alone in the "first division".

sactochris

Post by sactochris »

beantownbubba wrote:Led by my trio of Spurs, it was a good weekend for Boots. It was a dominating performance by Spurs but the interesting thing to me was that even though Spurs were in control, Swansea was hanging in until a questionable penalty was called and made by Harry Kane. The call was unfair, but the 1-0 score was much more reflective of the nature of the game than 0-0. Once Spurs scored it was like Swansea realized how overmatched they were and the floodgates opened. Hard to believe the result would have been much different w/out that call, yet the call seemed to mark a fundamental change.

Our league seems to be settling into 3 divisions. Very competitive w/in the 2nd and 3rd divisions w/ allison way out in front, alone in the "first division".

I think this match showed much more about just how awful the Swans are this year. Hats off to Spurs because they certainly played great. Arsenal had the most impressive performance of the week followed by my beloved Chelsea.
Keep calm and have a cigar

Gang Green

Post by Gang Green »

My favorite match was Liverpool losing to the Cherries of Bournemouth 3-4 after being up 3-1. I would have had a better week in the fantasy league if DeBruyne didn't miss the easiest goal in creation. The Men in Blazers said DeBruyne missed that goal on purpose, because he doesn't want Nevas, who fed the cross, to catch up him in assists.

And, what's with Jose Moreno at Man United. That guy needs a personality overhaul, and he's now a cancer to every team he coaches. I'm just glad its Man U that gets to experience his wrath. Couldn't happen to a better team.

I hope everyone is watching "Behind the Badge" on NBCS which is a behind the scenes look at Watford FC.

sactochris

Post by sactochris »

It never fails! I stick with Jamie Vardy through his run of 2 goals from 14 games and then, when I drop him, he goes out and bags a treble. It is pretty sweet watching the Foxes destroy the Citizens.

Gang Green

Post by Gang Green »

sactochris wrote:It never fails! I stick with Jamie Vardy through his run of 2 goals from 14 games and then, when I drop him, he goes out and bags a treble. It is pretty sweet watching the Foxes destroy the Citizens.
Don't blame you, Leicester hasn't shown much this year. I gave up on Drinkwater. Then today?

None of my guys did anything today, but still pumped to see Watford win. Hopefully, Chelsea takes care a business tomorrow, a shut-out would be nice. Especially, since I'm sitting all my West Brom guys.

Now that the season is somewhat close to the mid-point, my goals/expectations as follows:

1. Chelsea wins the league.
2. Watford stays up in the Premiership
3. I don't finish last in the 3DD league

But, plenty of season left, anything can happen

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Why is the EPL playing today? Just when I think I'm getting the hang of this danged schedule, they drop a slate of Wednesday games into the mix :o

Spurs leading 3 -nil in the 90th minute; no goals for Mr. Kane.

sactochris

Post by sactochris »

beantownbubba wrote:Why is the EPL playing today? Just when I think I'm getting the hang of this danged schedule, they drop a slate of Wednesday games into the mix :o

Spurs leading 3 -nil in the 90th minute; no goals for Mr. Kane.

Holiday fixtures are a staple of the EPL. There are extra matches coming up so make sure you watch the schedule closely.

Gang Green

Post by Gang Green »

One of my favorite weeks of the Premiership Season. Why?

1. Had a decent week in the 3DD fantasy league. Thanks to that mid fielder on Stoke, and the Chelsea defender who's name I can't pronounce with the assist to Costa.

2. The show Behind the Badge about Watford of NBCSP, I found out why a team called the Hornets have a Moose on their badge. Actually, its a red deer (or a heart) which is the symbol of Hertfordshire. For a long time Watford was the only professional football club in Hertfordshire, but now there are two others. Does anyone know who those other two Herts clubs are?

3. Finally, John Oliver (a Liverpool nutcase) on Men in Blazers. One of the best comedy episodes of the year.

whatwouldcooleydo?

Gang Green wrote:One of my favorite weeks of the Premiership Season. Why?

1. Had a decent week in the 3DD fantasy league. Thanks to that mid fielder on Stoke, and the Chelsea defender who's name I can't pronounce with the assist to Costa.

2. The show Behind the Badge about Watford of NBCSP, I found out why a team called the Hornets have a Moose on their badge. Actually, its a red deer (or a heart) which is the symbol of Hertfordshire. For a long time Watford was the only professional football club in Hertfordshire, but now there are two others. Does anyone know who those other two Herts clubs are?

3. Finally, John Oliver (a Liverpool nutcase) on Men in Blazers. One of the best comedy episodes of the year.
I wish Men in Blazers had a new episode every day......... that and Rebecca Lowe to appear in each episode :lol:

whatwouldcooleydo?

Gang Green wrote: For a long time Watford was the only professional football club in Hertfordshire, but now there are two others. Does anyone know who those other two Herts clubs are?
I *think* I know one........ Stevenage?

whatwouldcooleydo?

god damn, Oliver and MIB are making fun of the Hills Have Eyes-lookin' Jonjo Shelvey, with whom I share a birthday :D

whatwouldcooleydo?

The 100 best footballers in the world

I have 4 of the top 100 in my starting roster (though one currently suspended until the 31st) and one on the bench

Gang Green

Post by Gang Green »

Another fine day for Leighton Baines and the Gloryfires. Keeping me from relegation.