3DD English Premier league Fantasy Football League

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

whatwouldcooleydo?

Re: 3DD English Premier league Fantasy Football League

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

Man City/Monaco was an incredibly entertaining Champions League match yesterday
Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

whatwouldcooleydo?

Claudio Ranieri, what have you done for me lately?

Gang Green

Post by Gang Green »

I'm getting tired of this selfish play from Harry of Kane. I guess I have to try to get him on my team for the stretch run.

emandrisdad

Post by emandrisdad »

I suck. Made a nice run and nearly got to 2nd place a while back. I've clearly run out of gas.

Gang Green

Post by Gang Green »

He's no Harry Kane, but Troy Deeney is my favorite Premiership player, and until he torched Arsenal a few weeks ago, I had to think about getting rid of him as he's been looking sluggish. But, now he's my only productive forward.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Gang Green wrote:I'm getting tired of this selfish play from Harry of Kane. I guess I have to try to get him on my team for the stretch run.
Nah, he's definitely peaked.

Speaking of selfish play, his assist on the last goal might have been his best play of the match.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Gang Green

Post by Gang Green »

beantownbubba wrote:
Gang Green wrote:I'm getting tired of this selfish play from Harry of Kane. I guess I have to try to get him on my team for the stretch run.
Nah, he's definitely peaked.

Speaking of selfish play, his assist on the last goal might have been his best play of the match.
Of course I'm kidding about Harry Kane, and one of those goals was off one of the Stoke players. I was a little surprised how unorganized Stoke was in the back, I thought they would present more of challenge. I know once I get Harry Kane or Lukaku for my squad, they will stop scoring.

whatwouldcooleydo?

Gang Green wrote: I know once I get Harry Kane or Lukaku for my squad, they will stop scoring.
I was the opposite: once I get rid of Kane he turned into a scoring machine :lol:

disgruntledgoat

Post by disgruntledgoat »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:
Gang Green wrote: I know once I get Harry Kane or Lukaku for my squad, they will stop scoring.
I was the opposite: once I get rid of Kane he turned into a scoring machine :lol:
If you want to be put off Harry Kane for life...

https://youtu.be/7Hcbsb5yffk

Gang Green

Post by Gang Green »

Actually, this one of those things where it's so pathetic it's good. Call it the circle of life or the circle of, ya know, so bad it's good.

I may have to acquire Harry of Kane after this mess.

And, the comments are pretty priceless as well.

whatwouldcooleydo?

Arsenal supporters had a "Wenger out!" march before today's Champions League match against Bayern Munich...... and then the Gunners went out and shat the bed in a 5-1 (10-2 aggregate) elimination loss to Bayern Munich

Hot seat gets hotter

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:Arsenal supporters had a "Wenger out!" march before today's Champions League match against Bayern Munich...... and then the Gunners went out and shat the bed in a 5-1 (10-2 aggregate) elimination loss to Bayern Munich

Hot seat gets hotter

One wonders what they are going to get in his place. Best be careful what they wish for...

whatwouldcooleydo?

(1) Barcelona/PSG in Champions League yesterday was fucking unbelievable! Going into that match it seemed like Barcelona had no chance, even though (A) they were at home and (B) they are motherfucking Barcelona. If you can find it, watch the last 10 minutes. IIRC the serious shit started around the 86-minute mark and carried through right to the end of stoppage time

(2) The 2018 World Cup is in Russia.

Let that sink in............

whatwouldcooleydo?

whatwouldcooleydo?

thought I had already posted this. You may have already caught wind of this amazingly fucked up story. Both links are worth your time

Brazilian Soccer Guy Who Ordered His Ex Tortured To Death Signs With New Team

Brazilian Soccer Guy Who Had His Girlfriend Killed And Fed To Dogs: "What Happened Happened"

whatwouldcooleydo?

whatwouldcooleydo?

the Ronaldo bust. Artist nailed it :P :P :P

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

And still the season grinds on...and on...and on.

I know I'm an outlier w/ my discomfort w/ the structure of the futbol season and i know it's not going to change but what can I say? I find it confusing, hard to follow and wearying in its length. Like why all of a sudden is there a tuesday/wednesday "week" in the schedule? Anyway, Spurs won in somewhat ridiculous fashion so there's that and Harry Kane may return one of these days giving both his team and mine a needed boost (though I guess at this point pretty much everyone in our league has him lol).

I don't know how much can really change at this point given the overlapping rosters but our table seems to have tightened up a fair bit compared to my memory of where things stood at, say, year end.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

whatwouldcooleydo?

beantownbubba wrote:n.I know I'm an outlier w/ my discomfort w/ the structure of the futbol season and i know it's not going to change but what can I say? I find it confusing, hard to follow and wearying in its length. Like why all of a sudden is there a tuesday/wednesday "week" in the schedule?
Pretty sure the Tuesday/Wednesday thing that happened this week was due to international competition. Domestic leagues have to make up for lost time wherever possible

And, if you are an outlier, you aren't the only one. I don't mind the length of the season per se but I do find annoying the start/stop, herky jerky nature of the scheduling annoying as fuck. The only thing I can recommend is to not even try to understand or rationalize it, but just accept it and move on ;)

whatwouldcooleydo?

sactochris

Post by sactochris »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:
beantownbubba wrote:n.I know I'm an outlier w/ my discomfort w/ the structure of the futbol season and i know it's not going to change but what can I say? I find it confusing, hard to follow and wearying in its length. Like why all of a sudden is there a tuesday/wednesday "week" in the schedule?
Pretty sure the Tuesday/Wednesday thing that happened this week was due to international competition. Domestic leagues have to make up for lost time wherever possible

And, if you are an outlier, you aren't the only one. I don't mind the length of the season per se but I do find annoying the start/stop, herky jerky nature of the scheduling annoying as fuck. The only thing I can recommend is to not even try to understand or rationalize it, but just accept it and move on ;)

If it helps, I believe that with the exception of a few of odd make up fixtures, the rest of the matches are all on Saturday or Sunday with no more off weeks for the rest of the season.
Keep calm and have a cigar

whatwouldcooleydo?

crazy shit in Dortmund today. Thankfully it looks like injuries were minimal.

the big question: what caused the explosion: terrorists or fahrt MAN?

whatwouldcooleydo?

in all seriousness

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/12/worl ... rmany.html

A letter that was found after explosions damaged the team bus of one of Germany’s premier soccer teams called for the country to scale back its involvement in the Western military coalition in Syria, the authorities said on Wednesday.

Ms. Köhler said the letter demanded that Germany withdraw its Tornado aircraft from the campaign in Syria, where they are used for reconnaissance and where the Islamic State is under attack from a multinational coalition trying to push it from its strongholds.

The letter also demanded what it termed “the closure of the Ramstein Air Base,” Ms. Köhler said, a reference to the main airport for American and NATO military forces in Germany.

The letter, which the German news media said was written in slightly awkward, nonnative German, blamed Chancellor Angela Merkel for taking part in actions against Islamists and demanded an end to attacks.

“From this point on,” it said, “all nonbelieving actors, singers, sports people and other prominent people in Germany and other crusader nations are on the death list of the Islamic State. And that as long as the following demands are not met: Tornados out of Syria. Ramstein Air Base must be closed.”

Gang Green

Post by Gang Green »

I'm pretty excited to see that the Seagulls of Brighton Albion Hove earned a promotion to the Premier League for next season. I saw them play Crystal Palace back in 1984 in Brighton at their old grounds, not sure how I ended up in Brighton for a weekend. They are managed by Chris Hughton who I actually saw when he played for Spurs back in 1984 with Glenn Hoddle, Graham Roberts among others. They endured several years of hardship since 1984 and, I thought were close to folding in the 90's. Great to see another team from the southern coast join the Premier League.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... tch-report

whatwouldcooleydo?

Gang Green wrote:I'm pretty excited to see that the Seagulls of Brighton Albion Hove earned a promotion to the Premier League for next season. I saw them play Crystal Palace back in 1984 in Brighton at their old grounds, not sure how I ended up in Brighton for a weekend. They are managed by Chris Hughton who I actually saw when he played for Spurs back in 1984 with Glenn Hoddle, Graham Roberts among others. They endured several years of hardship since 1984 and, I thought were close to folding in the 90's. Great to see another team from the southern coast join the Premier League.

Last Friday I watched the BHA/Wolverhampton match and I am fairly certain I heard one of the commentators say that both clubs were close to folding back in the 1990s

The Seagulls are a great story this year and will be a cool addition to the league

whatwouldcooleydo?

Gang Green wrote:I'm pretty excited to see that the Seagulls of Brighton Albion Hove earned a promotion to the Premier League for next season. I saw them play Crystal Palace back in 1984 in Brighton at their old grounds, not sure how I ended up in Brighton for a weekend. They are managed by Chris Hughton who I actually saw when he played for Spurs back in 1984 with Glenn Hoddle, Graham Roberts among others. They endured several years of hardship since 1984 and, I thought were close to folding in the 90's. Great to see another team from the southern coast join the Premier League.

whatwouldcooleydo?

half of the Champions League final four is set, and both clubs are from Madrid

whatwouldcooleydo?

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:half of the Champions League final four is set, and both clubs are from Madrid
day late but other half is set, Juventus and Monaco. Semifinal draw is tomorrow (pretty sure)

whatwouldcooleydo?

whatwouldcooleydo?

Arsenal fans react to Donald Trump’s son being one of them

Arsenal fans now include Trump's son, Piers Morgan, Jeremy Corbyn & Osama Bin Laden. Strong line up. Bet Mugabe was at anfield in 89 too

— Dave Strauss (@Goodman_london) April 20, 2017