3DD English Premier league Fantasy Football League

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

sactochris

Re: 3DD English Premier league Fantasy Football League

Post by sactochris »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:Arsenal fans react to Donald Trump’s son being one of them

Arsenal fans now include Trump's son, Piers Morgan, Jeremy Corbyn & Osama Bin Laden. Strong line up. Bet Mugabe was at anfield in 89 too

— Dave Strauss (@Goodman_london) April 20, 2017

Their only saving grace is Nic Hornby.
Keep calm and have a cigar

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Today's El Classico was truly a classic. One of the best futbol matches I have ever seen (not that that's saying a whole lot, but still...). Wonderful play from virtually everyone on the pitch and for just about the full 90, too. The goalkeepers were spectacular, each keeping their team in the game at different times. And of course in the end, there's Messi. I saw Pele play live and I've only seen Messi on TV but there's no doubt that Messi's the best I've ever seen.

Who the heck is that Scottish TV analyst? That guy's a riot. More than a bit colorful :lol:

Meanwhile, in other news, I hope Gareth Bale's injury is not serious.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Ouch, that one hurt. In a nice bit of prescience, I transferred Benteke on to my team this week. In either a brain freeze or a slip of the mouse, I somehow neglected to put him in my starting 11. To make matters worse, my friend from California not only has Benteke he has him as the team captain and he used those 24 points to slip by me into 4th. GGGRRRRR.

Spurs only 4 points out w/ an actual chance at the title. Still uphill, but legit.

sactochris

Post by sactochris »

beantownbubba wrote:Ouch, that one hurt. In a nice bit of prescience, I transferred Benteke on to my team this week. In either a brain freeze or a slip of the mouse, I somehow neglected to put him in my starting 11. To make matters worse, my friend from California not only has Benteke he has him as the team captain and he used those 24 points to slip by me into 4th. GGGRRRRR.

Spurs only 4 points out w/ an actual chance at the title. Still uphill, but legit.

And remember, Benteke is playing a second match this week.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

sactochris wrote:
beantownbubba wrote:Ouch, that one hurt. In a nice bit of prescience, I transferred Benteke on to my team this week. In either a brain freeze or a slip of the mouse, I somehow neglected to put him in my starting 11. To make matters worse, my friend from California not only has Benteke he has him as the team captain and he used those 24 points to slip by me into 4th. GGGRRRRR.

And remember, Benteke is playing a second match this week.
Yeah I know. And as you know, rosters can only be set once for the week so i really screwed up. Plus they're playing Spurs this week I think, in which case he REALLY better have his worst game of the season.

allisonsdc
Site Admin

Post by allisonsdc »

What is going on this week? Only 2 of my players have played, I only have 4 points, it looks like 3 of my players aren't even going to play (???) WTF? I haven't been paying attention because I've been attending rock shows.
I keep it all together for the sake of the kids.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

allisonsdc wrote:What is going on this week? Only 2 of my players have played, I only have 4 points, it looks like 3 of my players aren't even going to play (???) WTF? I haven't been paying attention because I've been attending rock shows.
This "game week" includes games on Sat, Sun, Tues, Wed & Thurs, so lots of teams/players haven't played and many will play twice. I think 2 teams don't play at all, but I'm not sure about that. As far as our league goes, some teams will have had lots of players playing and others very few and it won't balance out until Thursday.

allisonsdc
Site Admin

Post by allisonsdc »

beantownbubba wrote:
allisonsdc wrote:What is going on this week? Only 2 of my players have played, I only have 4 points, it looks like 3 of my players aren't even going to play (???) WTF? I haven't been paying attention because I've been attending rock shows.
This "game week" includes games on Sat, Sun, Tues, Wed & Thurs, so lots of teams/players haven't played and many will play twice. I think 2 teams don't play at all, but I'm not sure about that. As far as our league goes, some teams will have had lots of players playing and others very few and it won't balance out until Thursday.
Thanks Bubba, I had no idea. At least I was able to dump man-bun and get Kane back before the games started this weekend! Should've gone for Benteke, in hindsight.
I keep it all together for the sake of the kids.

whatwouldcooleydo?

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

beantownbubba wrote:
Both Man U and Crystal Palace play twice this game week, while West Brom doesn't play at all (and this had serious impact on my strategery for this week :x )
Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

whatwouldcooleydo?

beantownbubba wrote:Who the heck is that Scottish TV analyst? That guy's a riot. More than a bit colorful :lol:
That's Ray MF Hudson, an international legend!!! MAGISTERIAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Absolutely love this guy, pray that someday, somehow he and Bill Raftery work together :lol:

whatwouldcooleydo?

Been meaning to make this post for some time, so here we go. I have a cup I am willing to donate as the cup for our league, assuming you all find the cup glorious enough to go to our champion. Pics are below (I included the pint glass to give an idea of the cup's size). Many years ago Bovine Knievel scored this cup for an long defunct fantasy league we were in, along with my wife and a friend from NC. I checked with him and he is good with this repurposing of the cup. It's been gathering dust in my office for some time and I would like to see it put to good use. Should the cup we used for our league, we could have all the losers chip in and have the winner's name engraved upon the trophy.

So what say y'all?

sactochris

Post by sactochris »

I think that's a great idea.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Assuming you intend it to be like the Stanley Cup so it gets passed from winner to winner year by year w/ each year's winner engraved, I think it's the best idea I've heard since I drafted Harry Kane back in August.

whatwouldcooleydo?

beantownbubba wrote:Assuming you intend it to be like the Stanley Cup so it gets passed from winner to winner year by year w/ each year's winner engraved
I thought that went without saying :lol:

I guess I should just be happy that you didn't bust me on my spelling ;)

emandrisdad

Post by emandrisdad »

My team sucks. I have neither the time nor inclination to replace all the injured players I have. I'm trying for last.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

emandrisdad wrote:My team sucks. I have neither the time nor inclination to replace all the injured players I have. I'm trying for last.
You do remember that last place gets relegated to the polo fantasy league, right?

emandrisdad

Post by emandrisdad »

beantownbubba wrote:
emandrisdad wrote:My team sucks. I have neither the time nor inclination to replace all the injured players I have. I'm trying for last.
You do remember that last place gets relegated to the polo fantasy league, right?
Time to figure out how to get some replacements for my squad.

sactochris

Post by sactochris »

emandrisdad wrote:
beantownbubba wrote:
Time to figure out how to get some replacements for my squad.

Have you used your wildcard already?

whatwouldcooleydo?

Joey Barton Banned 18 Months For Betting On Over 1,000 Matches

When pressed for comment, Pete Rose asked, "what were the odds?"

whatwouldcooleydo?

whatwouldcooleydo?

whatwouldcooleydo?

The Ozil goal off the Sanchez assist this morning was a thing of beauty. A football version of the basketball give and go. Certainly not an Arsenal fan by any measure but game recognize game

whatwouldcooleydo?

full disclosure: I haven't read this article all the way through yet, so don't blame me if it sucks :lol:

The article is from 538, so it's chock full of statistical analysis. You were warned

What Would Happen If The English Premier League Had Playoffs?

Gang Green

Post by Gang Green »

Now that the season is over, we can all sit back and watch the FA Cup next week. Chelsea is going for the double which is still a pretty big deal in England and the Arse trying to salvage something with Wenger on the hot seat. A London derby for the ages. And I can watch the game in peace without worrying if Chelsea can get a shut out and six points for Azpilicueta.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

Up the Gunners & Arsene Wenger! Another FA cup....

whatwouldcooleydo?

chuckrh wrote:Up the Gunners & Arsene Wenger! Another FA cup....
since you're such a regular visitor, you should consider playing in the fantasy league next season. We have an actual cup, what more could you want?

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:
chuckrh wrote:Up the Gunners & Arsene Wenger! Another FA cup....
since you're such a regular visitor, you should consider playing in the fantasy league next season. We have an actual cup, what more could you want?
I'm totally a novice. I got into Arsenal because of my buddy in England. When he got mugged on the way home from a match (was very seriously hurt), I contacted the club & they were totally awesome to him. Including Wenger who wrote my buddy a personal letter that came at a very dark time & really brought his spirits up. Shows the kind of man Wenger is. I had thought he was sending a get well card but this was way beyond that. My friend was also a guest of the club for the FA semi final game. They are really a first class organization. The day after they lost out on the top 4, the season ticket holders received refunds. I hope Wenger returns for another few years. It would be a shame if a minority of fans ran him out.

whatwouldcooleydo?

I plan on getting the cup engraved and off to Allison ASAP. Here is what I plan to have engraved on the cup: "3DD EPL Cup" across the top and then 2017 and Allison's name below. I think we should use real names for the winner, not board handles.

Does that sound cool? Let me know what y'all think. I think that is simple and clean, plus cheaper than getting all wordy

dogstar

Post by dogstar »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:I plan on getting the cup engraved and off to Allison ASAP. Here is what I plan to have engraved on the cup: "3DD EPL Cup" across the top and then 2017 and Allison's name below. I think we should use real names for the winner, not board handles.

Does that sound cool? Let me know what y'all think. I think that is simple and clean, plus cheaper than getting all wordy
Sounds good to me. Although maybe you should put her lads' names on instead. ;)
"Guitars talk. If you really want to write a song, ask a guitar." Neil Young

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:I plan on getting the cup engraved and off to Allison ASAP. Here is what I plan to have engraved on the cup: "3DD EPL Cup" across the top and then 2017 and Allison's name below. I think we should use real names for the winner, not board handles.

Sounds good.