Here is a great American Republican.

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

ChicoHarris

Here is a great American Republican.

Post by ChicoHarris »

I spend a lot of time reading about American soldiers, which causes me to despise draft-dodger George W. Bush more each passing day.
Here is an excellent piece on Texas GOP chairman Tom Pauken, who is calling bullshit on the recent efforts to make draft-dodger Bush appear better than the horrible train wreck his time in office was.
I particularly like how Pauken, who volunteered for military service in Vietnam in the late 1960s (when draft-dodger Bush was a pathetic frat-boy drunk), is calling out all members of the Bush administration who did not serve but were more than willing to send working-class Americans into war.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and- ... om-pauken/

Steve French

Re: Here is a great American Republican.

Post by Steve French »

You might like to read these books by David Kilcullen:

The Accidental Guerilla; and

Counterinsurgency.

www.bookdepository.com
I've never taken a pissbreak during a DBT show but if I had it would have been during Dancing Ricky.

LuthierJustin

Post by LuthierJustin »

he's not even president anymore, let it go. Now we have a president that appoint self avowed communists to his work for him and has people proclaiming mass murderers as their philosophical heros.
LJ: 3DD's resident hipster

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Thread derailed in 3 posts. It's a new record
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

ChicoHarris

Post by ChicoHarris »

LuthierJustin wrote: let it go.

Read what I wrote. The low-lifes are attempting to whitewash the bad thing that was his presidency. "Let it go"? Do you have a loved one dead because of this draft-dodger?

dime in the gutter

Post by dime in the gutter »

ChicoHarris wrote:
LuthierJustin wrote: let it go.

Read what I wrote. The low-lifes are attempting to whitewash the bad thing that was his presidency. "Let it go"? Do you have a loved one dead because of this draft-dodger?

lj, u might be in over your head with chicoharris. dude is salty.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

LuthierJustin

Post by LuthierJustin »

Clinton was a draft dogger too, he lobbed missiles into Iraq a time two, go after him too, "Bush started an illegal war" if the UN wasn't a bunch of anti-america pussies they would have gone in there and taken care of Saddam. "there were no WMD's" yes there were, by the Obama administrations own definition there were WMD's fount in Iraq

littlemamma

Post by littlemamma »

Don't forget, Clinton could also pull in some tail!!!!
NSFW

LuthierJustin

Post by LuthierJustin »

fat ugly chicks, thats nothing to brag about

littlemamma

Post by littlemamma »

a hole's a hole.
NSFW

maninblack77

Post by maninblack77 »

That and Clinton stuck a stogie in the snatch! Very cool indeed! Say that 5 times fast.

Penny Lane

Post by Penny Lane »

littlemamma wrote:a hole's a hole.

i just coughed up my sandwich :lol:
In my blood, there's gasoline..

Penny Lane

Post by Penny Lane »

PS i had this whole post that I just deleted. Threads like this are pointless.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Penny Lane wrote:PS i had this whole post that I just deleted. Threads like this are pointless.

it was good for 2 posts

ChicoHarris

Post by ChicoHarris »

LuthierJustin wrote:Clinton was a draft dogger too, he lobbed missiles into Iraq a time two, go after him too, "Bush started an illegal war" if the UN wasn't a bunch of anti-america pussies they would have gone in there and taken care of Saddam. "there were no WMD's" yes there were, by the Obama administrations own definition there were WMD's fount in Iraq

You are wrong. President Clinton was not a draft dodger (or "draft dogger" as you write). His name was put into the draft lottery and he got a high number. You listened to the Republican and right wing drum beat on that one. And if you really think he is, tell how he dodged the draft.

As for Saddam Hussein, if Ronald Reagan (who stayed home making movies while working class Americans went off to World War II) had not started sending American tax dollars and military might to Hussein, he may not have been strong enough for the frat boy draft dodger, Bush, to have an excuse to say "I am a war president" and start one of the goofiest wars in recorded history. And the draft dodger committed this wrong against the United States and the world while playing the Christian card!

And here you are still playing the WMD card. You just listen to the Republican talking points and regurgitate, don't you? Tell us what damn difference it would make if he had these WMDs. Countries actually do have much worse and do hate us but the draft-dodger did not go after them. Have you ever heard of North Korea?

Penny Lane

Post by Penny Lane »

and Reagan had Alzheimer's for the last 2 years of his presidency...

and Joe Kennedy promised civil rights if MLK would help secure the black vote...

and i believe actually Republicans who started the NAACP...

chico is right, calling Clinton a 'draft dodger' is incorrect, calling him a philandering piece of garbage is probably truer--was he a good president? YES.

LJ--where did you hear the Obama administration addmitted there are WMD in Iraq? you mean Syria? just curious and i totally believe you, just wondered if you could link me to something...

brstigerfan

Post by brstigerfan »

I was hoping this thread referred to this gentleman.

LuthierJustin

Post by LuthierJustin »

Penny Lane wrote:
LJ--where did you hear the Obama administration addmitted there are WMD in Iraq? you mean Syria? just curious and i totally believe you, just wondered if you could link me to something...

Remember the time square bomber? and the plot to blow up JFK? What did they charge those people with? Attempted use of WMD's, so by their OWN definition of WMD we found them in Iraq.

The Black Canary

Post by The Black Canary »

LuthierJustin wrote:Clinton was a draft dogger too, he lobbed missiles into Iraq a time two, go after him too, "Bush started an illegal war" if the UN wasn't a bunch of anti-america pussies they would have gone in there and taken care of Saddam. "there were no WMD's" yes there were, by the Obama administrations own definition there were WMD's fount in Iraq

You are wrong. President Clinton was not a draft dodger (or "draft dogger" as you write). His name was put into the draft lottery and he got a high number. You listened to the Republican and right wing drum beat on that one. And if you really think he is, tell how he dodged the draft.

As for Saddam Hussein, if Ronald Reagan (who stayed home making movies while working class Americans went off to World War II) had not started sending American tax dollars and military might to Hussein, he may not have been strong enough for the frat boy draft dodger, Bush, to have an excuse to say "I am a war president" and start one of the goofiest wars in recorded history. And the draft dodger committed this wrong against the United States and the world while playing the Christian card!

And here you are still playing the WMD card. You just listen to the Republican talking points and regurgitate, don't you? Tell us what damn difference it would make if he had these WMDs. Countries actually do have much worse and do hate us but the draft-dodger did not go after them. Have you ever heard of North Korea?[/quote]

Chicoharris, were you a solider? did you serve?

Penny Lane

Re:

Post by Penny Lane »

LuthierJustin wrote:
Penny Lane wrote:

Remember the time square bomber? and the plot to blow up JFK? What did they charge those people with? Attempted use of WMD's, so by their OWN definition of WMD we found them in Iraq.

The Times Square Bomber was supported by the Pakistani Taliban, and trained in Pakistan. He used a bomb made of a propane tank, gasoline canisters, fertilizer and fireworks.

The JFK plot perpetrators were citizens from Guyana and Trinidad. (w/supposed ties to Iran and Khomeini, not Iraq).

“WMDs include any device that is intended to cause death or serious bodily injury to a significant number of people through the release of toxic chemicals, disease organisms, or radioactive material.”

So because the NYC bomber used a propane tank, then the Obama Administration is admitting there were WMDs in Iraq.

I get what you're reaching for...but....

In any case, I don't blame the Bush Administration alone, Congress passed the AUMF and allowed it, after the UN Inspectors didn't find anything. They were duped. (oh in case you deny this, it's been admitted).

There were just sooooooo many things wrong w/going into Iraq and you're still debating it in hindsight then nothing will ever convince you.
Last edited by Penny Lane on Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zip City

Re: Re:

Post by Zip City »

Penny Lane wrote:I’m lost.

as are the millions of people who brainlessly believe everything that Limbaugh, Hannity, Breitbart and Boortz tell them.

Oh, sorry, LJ isn't a Republican, he's a Libertarian!!! :lol:

LuthierJustin

Post by LuthierJustin »

They were charged with the use of WMD's, it doesn't matter where they were from. Obama's administration charged them with the use of WMD's. They also say that IED's are WMD's. By their OWN definition of WMD there were WMD's found in Iraq

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

LuthierJustin wrote:They were charged with the use of WMD's, it doesn't matter where they were from. Obama's administration charged them with the use of WMD's. They also say that IED's are WMD's. By their OWN definition of WMD there were WMD's found in Iraq

but Obama wasn't the President when the war was initiated, so who cares what their definition is?

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Seriously folks, these threads go nowhere because there is no reasonable conversation to be had. I would suggest letting it go.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

LuthierJustin

Post by LuthierJustin »

I am, these people don't understand history, its sad :roll:

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

LuthierJustin

Post by LuthierJustin »

Zip City wrote:Image

come from Hitler that means nothing

Penny Lane

Post by Penny Lane »

Zip City wrote:
LuthierJustin wrote:They were charged with the use of WMD's, it doesn't matter where they were from. Obama's administration charged them with the use of WMD's. They also say that IED's are WMD's. By their OWN definition of WMD there were WMD's found in Iraq

but Obama wasn't the President when the war was initiated, so who cares what their definition is?

During the Cold War, the term "weapons of mass destruction" was primarily a reference to nuclear weapons

Ronald Reagan used it during the 1986 Reykjavík Summit, when referring to the 1967 Outer Space Treaty.

George H.W. Bush, used the term in an 1989 speech to the United Nations, using it primarily in reference to chemical arms.

With the 1990 invasion of Kuwait and 1991 Gulf War, Iraq's nuclear, biological, and chemical weapons programs became a particular concern of the first Bush Administration.

The Clinton Administration and other western politicians and media continued to use the term, usually in reference to ongoing attempts to dismantle Iraq's weapons programs.

AND LASTLY, according to the definition of United Nations Security Council Resolution 687 (which is what Iraq was supposed to comply with after the Gulf War)

"Nuclear weapons or nuclear-weapons-usable material or any sub-systems or components or any research, development, support or manufacturing facilities relating to [nuclear weapons].
Chemical and biological weapons and all stocks of agents and all related subsystems and components and all research,development,support and manufacturing facilities.
Ballistic missiles with a range greater than 150 kilometres and related major parts, and repair and production facilities."

in summation: Bush was not talking about a propane tank and fireworks.....it's an evolving definition, Obama has operationally defined it so he can deal w/the domestic threats...your argument is dead wrong

The Black Canary

Post by The Black Canary »

LuthierJustin wrote:
Zip City wrote:Image

come from Hitler that means nothing

That is just RUDE!!! No need to be an A**hat this early in the day Dude!!! :x