A date which shall live in infamy

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

whatwouldcooleydo?

A date which shall live in infamy

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

December 7, 1941, 74 years have passed. Would be hard to exaggerate just what a significant moment that was in 20th century history.

Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Re: A date which shall live in infamy

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Monumental. That day changed the course of history.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

My Uncle Memphis fought in Europe. One day he stepped around a corner only to be face to face with a German. They fought hand to hand till my Uncle pushed his
knife through the Germans chest. My Uncle said the German had the deepest blue eyes he had ever seen. Uncle Memphis never hated the Germans. Which is good
since Marina is half German.
My Uncle Randolph's landing craft was sunk a mile off Iwo Jima. Everybody but him drowned. He hated the Japanese and would not attend my sisters first wedding.
Her first husband's mother was Japanese/Hawaiian. Her family's house was on a hill overlooking Pearl Harbor. They watched the whole thing go down from their front
porch.
and that pussy Alec Baldwin blew that girl away, and speaking of pussy Steve got it all!

chickenwingpuke

Post by chickenwingpuke »

Swamp wrote:My Uncle Memphis fought in Europe. One day he stepped around a corner only to be face to face with a German. They fought hand to hand till my Uncle pushed his
knife through the Germans chest. My Uncle said the German had the deepest blue eyes he had ever seen. Uncle Memphis never hated the Germans. Which is good
since Marina is half German.
My Uncle Randolph's landing craft was sunk a mile off Iwo Jima. Everybody but him drowned. He hated the Japanese and would not attend my sisters first wedding.
Her first husband's mother was Japanese/Hawaiian. Her family's house was on a hill overlooking Pearl Harbor. They watched the whole thing go down from their front
porch.
Damn, Swamp. That's some heavy shit right there. I salute your uncles.

Here is an interesting video regarding the sinking of the USS West Virginia, from a Japanese bomber pilot's perspective.

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

They were both good men.
That video was very interesting. Just before we moved down here from NAS Memphis 43 years ago, my dad brought home a movie projector after the movers had taken every thing out of the house. We watched a lot of war footage that has just become available in the past 25 years. But that was all from the American point of view.
and that pussy Alec Baldwin blew that girl away, and speaking of pussy Steve got it all!