College Basketball 2015-16

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

whatwouldcooleydo?

Re: College Basketball 2015-16

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

beantownbubba wrote:I'm sure there's at least one, probably more. There's also at least one book on the subject called 'Scuse Me While I Kiss This Guy. Unless it's called There's a Bathroom on the Right. Or maybe there are 2 books, wtf do i know?
I may have hallucinated this, but I thought there was indeed a dedicated mondegreen thread up in here

Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Love me some Stilton.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

whatwouldcooleydo?

beantownbubba wrote:Love me some Stilton.

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote: I may have hallucinated this, but I thought there was indeed a dedicated mondegreen thread up in here

I member
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.

Mr. B

Post by Mr. B »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:Louisville has been stripped of its 2013 national championship
But Michigan, the runner-up, does not become the champion. Damn it, i was all set to drop some big coin on some championship gear.

whatwouldcooleydo?

I watch a lot of college hoops, and by doing so watch a lot of ESPN. This series of ESPN/ABC ads drives me into a Hulk-like rage. These two need to be eliminated with extreme prejudice ;)

Sterling Bigmouth

Post by Sterling Bigmouth »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:I watch a lot of college hoops, and by doing so watch a lot of ESPN. This series of ESPN/ABC ads drives me into a Hulk-like rage. These two need to be eliminated with extreme prejudice ;)

Instant mute or channel change, every time.
Turn it up to 10 and rip off the knob

whatwouldcooleydo?

Sterling Bigmouth wrote:
whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:I watch a lot of college hoops, and by doing so watch a lot of ESPN. This series of ESPN/ABC ads drives me into a Hulk-like rage. These two need to be eliminated with extreme prejudice ;)

Instant mute or channel change, every time.
A couple of times this season I had to watch a Heels game on the ACC Network, which was on some alternate ESPN channel on DirecTV. The don't show commercials except for ESPN ads, so they play this ad EVERY god damn time there is a commercial. Talk about making me go nearly berserker. My wife gets so sick of hearing me scream, "shut the fuck up, you Michael Wilibon-lookin' motherfucker!!!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

MLB.TV is horrible like that. Every half inning you get the exact same Chevy commercial.
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

whatwouldcooleydo?

Sterling Bigmouth

https://sports.yahoo.com/exclusive-fede ... 38484.html

Looks like we’ve only reached the tip of the iceberg in regards to the schools involved in the NCAA investigation. Big names listed were Kentucky, UNC, Texas, Michigan State, USC, and Alabama.

Mr. B

Post by Mr. B »

Sterling Bigmouth wrote:https://sports.yahoo.com/exclusive-fede ... 38484.html

Looks like we’ve only reached the tip of the iceberg in regards to the schools involved in the NCAA investigation. Big names listed were Kentucky, UNC, Texas, Michigan State, USC, and Alabama.
Pretty amazing stuff. And now ESPN reports that the FBI has wiretaps in which Sean Miller discusses a $100,000 payment involving Ayton (who, by the way, is an awesome player so at least it was money well spent). While not shocked by the payment, although the amount is pretty eye-opening, I can't believe Miller was dumb enough to directly involve himself in such a scheme.

Sterling Bigmouth

Sean Miller must’ve forgot the 1st rule of Fight Club.

whatwouldcooleydo?

Sterling Bigmouth wrote:Sean Miller must’ve forgot the 1st rule of Fight Club.
he's not gonna sweat it

whatwouldcooleydo?

we got Villanoved again last night!!!

I had DVRed the game, and when we got home from beers I was gonna watch it. Right about that time I get a text from a friend who only texts about Heels hoops and all it said was, "well that sucked!" Told me all I needed to know, so I deleted it. Dude saved me 2+ hours and I didn't have to get that shitty ending as a birthday present

whatwouldcooleydo?

It is beyond weird that the Big 10 tournament is already in progress, while the rest of the major conferences are still playing regular season games

Of course I know why this is happening, but that doesn’t change the weirdness factor

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:It is beyond weird that the Big 10 tournament is already in progress, while the rest of the major conferences are still playing regular season games

Of course I know why this is happening, but that doesn’t change the weirdness factor
It's weird as hell.

I was rooting for Iowa to lose yesterday just so I could give my Hawkeye friends shit about them not even playing in March.
I had DVRed the game, and when we got home from beers I was gonna watch it. Right about that time I get a text from a friend who only texts about Heels hoops and all it said was, "well that sucked!" Told me all I needed to know, so I deleted it. Dude saved me 2+ hours and I didn't have to get that shitty ending as a birthday present
This has been the way I've digested our season in a nutshell. Only two more games, and then we can put this one to bed. Back in the saddle next year, I think.

Mr. B

Post by Mr. B »

Iowan wrote:
whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:It is beyond weird that the Big 10 tournament is already in progress, while the rest of the major conferences are still playing regular season games

It's weird as hell.

I was rooting for Iowa to lose yesterday just so I could give my Hawkeye friends shit about them not even playing in March.
This has been the way I've digested our season in a nutshell. Only two more games, and then we can put this one to bed. Back in the saddle next year, I think.

It's more stupid than weird. The usual bullshit about the Big 10 improving its "brand", apparently because playing the tournament closer to Rutgers and Maryland will have a huge payoff in the long run. In the meantime, we miss out on a week of the Big 10 season and had a dumb, compacted scheduled this year. Every big 10 fan I know disliked the idea from the start. Luckily, the guys at the top have admitted how big a mistake this was and have already indicated that it won't be doing this again.

And, like Iowan, I was also rooting for Iowa to lose yesterday, albeit for different reasons. If Michigan could ever hit a damn free throw it could be dangerous in the tournament.

Sterling Bigmouth

Tennessee is playing for a share of the SEC Championship tomorrow, which would be its first since 2008 when Bruce Pearl was here. Of course, I have a wedding to attend and will likely miss most of if not the entire game :roll:

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Can there be any doubt of my underdog rooting interest in this year's tournament? Yeshiva University makes its March Madness debut!!! And no Saturday games, either (might as well plan, I guess, but the odds of them making it to even the first wkend are, ummmm, astronomical). Go Maccabees, drop that hammer!!!

whatwouldcooleydo?

beantownbubba wrote:Can there be any doubt of my underdog rooting interest in this year's tournament? Yeshiva University makes its March Madness debut!!! And no Saturday games, either (might as well plan, I guess, but the odds of them making it to even the first wkend are, ummmm, astronomical). Go Maccabees, drop that hammer!!!
Congrats!

Does D III even get to say March Madness? Figure it is trademarked by D I

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:Does D III even get to say March Madness? Figure it is trademarked by D I
So sue me.

whatwouldcooleydo?

beantownbubba wrote:
whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:Does D III even get to say March Madness? Figure it is trademarked by D I
So sue me.
Mark Emmert just called Saul

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:
beantownbubba wrote:
So sue me.

Time for me to start walking naked through the desert?

whatwouldcooleydo?

I fully expect to get boatraced/taken to the woodshed/mollywomped/beaten like a redheaded stepchild/curbstomped in Durham tonight

Other than Hansbrough making Sheldon Williams his bitch on Williams' Senior Day, we've not had a lot of success when playing in Cameron on some dookie's Senior Day (looking at you, Eugene Banks). Tonight is the Senior Day for Captain Trips and I suspect he'll lay 40+ on us

Thanks to DBT and Worldwide Bill/my friend Trent I didn't get to watch a second of us beating them in Chapel Hill, so I am extremely tempted to roll with that and not watch the game. If we lose, I don't have to see it, and if by some miracle we win, I'll feel like a prophet :lol: :lol: :lol:

whatwouldcooleydo?

beantownbubba wrote:
beantownbubba wrote:
So sue me.

Time for me to start walking naked through the desert?
only if it's the desert outside of Albuquerque

whatwouldcooleydo?

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:I fully expect to get boatraced/taken to the woodshed/mollywomped/beaten like a redheaded stepchild/curbstomped in Durham tonight

Other than Hansbrough making Sheldon Williams his bitch on Williams' Senior Day, we've not had a lot of success when playing in Cameron on some dookie's Senior Day (looking at you, Eugene Banks). Tonight is the Senior Day for Captain Trips and I suspect he'll lay 40+ on us

Thanks to DBT and Worldwide Bill/my friend Trent I didn't get to watch a second of us beating them in Chapel Hill, so I am extremely tempted to roll with that and not watch the game. If we lose, I don't have to see it, and if by some miracle we win, I'll feel like a prophet :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sterling Bigmouth

Just watched Lipscomb win the A-Sun tournament to punch their ticket to the Dance for the first time ever. Never gets old seeing the mid-major kids emotions when they make it. This is one of my favorite times of the year.

whatwouldcooleydo?

Mr. B wrote:
whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:Louisville has been stripped of its 2013 national championship
But Michigan, the runner-up, does not become the champion. Damn it, i was all set to drop some big coin on some championship gear.
Congrats on winning the Big 10 tournament, Mr. B!!!

What are your thoughts about now having almost 2 weeks off before playing again?

Mr. B

Post by Mr. B »

Mr. B wrote:
Congrats on winning the Big 10 tournament, Mr. B!!!

What are your thoughts about now having almost 2 weeks off before playing again?

That was a fun weekend, played 3 really solid games in a row. Ironically, our most difficult game was the first round game against Iowa, which went to OT.

If you had told me a month ago that we would be ranked 7 right now, ahead of UNC and Kansas among others, I would have told you to lay off the brownies for a while.

My answer to your question is "I don't know." Having so much time off before the tournament is uncharted territory for all but the small conference teams. We are running on all cylinders right now, so I would prefer we keep playing before we cool off. On the other hand, a week off to rest and heal has to help. So i don't know.