College Basketball 2015-16

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Iowan

Re: College Basketball 2015-16

Post by Iowan »

Dennis Dodd: "The Big 12 tournament might as well be the Midwest Regional"

OkieinTexas

Post by OkieinTexas »

Iowan wrote:Dennis Dodd: "The Big 12 tournament might as well be the Midwest Regional"
Great win Iowan. Wins at Hilton don't come easy. OU, ISU, KU and WV are all top notch teams. Let's prove it in the tournament.
Don't you dare cock block the rock (™)Smitty 2016 all rights reserved.

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

OkieinTexas wrote:
Iowan wrote:Dennis Dodd: "The Big 12 tournament might as well be the Midwest Regional"
Great win Iowan. Wins at Hilton don't come easy. OU, ISU, KU and WV are all top notch teams. Let's prove it in the tournament.
BU might be in that stratosphere too. Would be nice to see the Big 12 have a March run that rivaled the conference season.

whatwouldcooleydo?

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

Heels playing great, dook has lost 3 straight, Kentucky and Mich St have lost two in a row, and Kansas got the Sam Brownback kicked out of them last night by Oklahoma State

with dook in a bit of a tailspin, wonder if k's back is starting to hurt, a la 1995, and if so, who will he throw under the bus Pete Gaudet-style?
Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

whatwouldcooleydo?

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:Heels playing great, dook has lost 3 straight, Kentucky and Mich St have lost two in a row, and Kansas got the Sam Brownback kicked out of them last night by Oklahoma State

with dook in a bit of a tailspin, wonder if k's back is starting to hurt, a la 1995, and if so, who will he throw under the bus Pete Gaudet-style?
add another loss for Michigan State, they lose at home to Nebraska, a team they have no business not beating, especially in East Lansing

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

The Big 12 is having an absolutely insane year. Unranked Texas just went to Morgantown in the middle of a snowstorm to beat #6 WVU.

whatwouldcooleydo?

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:
whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:Heels playing great, dook has lost 3 straight, Kentucky and Mich St have lost two in a row, and Kansas got the Sam Brownback kicked out of them last night by Oklahoma State

add another loss for Michigan State, they lose at home to Nebraska, a team they have no business not beating, especially in East Lansing
MSU's next game is against a very good Maryland Terrapin Station team. Gutcheck time, Sparty

*note*= regardless of record, MSU has one of THE great basketball names ever: Lourawls "Tum Tum" Nairn, Jr. (you gotta love "lourawls" all as one word)

whatwouldcooleydo?

Miami sends dook to its 4th loss in last 5 games. This makes me happy

Now up ISU/Kansas. Go Cyclones

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:Miami sends dook to its 4th loss in last 5 games. This makes me happy

Now up ISU/Kansas. Go Cyclones
Don't worry. Were shitting the bed. Typical ISU.

4sooner

Post by 4sooner »

^^^^^^^excuse me??^^^^^^^^^^^^

whatwouldcooleydo?

Jay Bilas did his 94 ft segment with Bill Self, and when Bilas asked "Willie Nelson or Garth Brooks," Self emphatically chose Chris Gaines, confirming everything I ever suspected about Bill "go fuck your" Self

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

fKU.

Eat shit, Kansas.

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:Jay Bilas did his 94 ft segment with Bill Self, and when Bilas asked "Willie Nelson or Garth Brooks," Self emphatically chose Chris Gaines, confirming everything I ever suspected about Bill "go fuck your" Self
Allegedly they were roommates back in the day at OSU.

whatwouldcooleydo?

Iowan wrote:
whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:Jay Bilas did his 94 ft segment with Bill Self, and when Bilas asked "Willie Nelson or Garth Brooks," Self emphatically chose Chris Gaines, confirming everything I ever suspected about Bill "go fuck your" Self
Allegedly they were roommates back in the day at OSU.
still not a valid excuse :D

whatwouldcooleydo?

Iowan wrote:fKU.

Eat shit, Kansas.

whatwouldcooleydo?

excellent game happening right now between ISU and TX A&M. Having a hard time with the bizarro world scenario of having "Texas A&M" and "top 5 team" in the same sentence

Heels/BC next and very much looking forward to UK/KU later tonight, one of those "I wish there was a way for both teams to brutally lose" kind of games :lol:

OkieinTexas

Post by OkieinTexas »

Go Big 12! Won 7 of 10 vs. SEC SEC SEC.

Seriously, I am starting to get incredibly exited about this OU team. Tons of ball left to be played but today's win showed me a lot.
Don't you dare cock block the rock (™)Smitty 2016 all rights reserved.

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

OkieinTexas wrote:Go Big 12! Won 7 of 10 vs. SEC SEC SEC.

Seriously, I am starting to get incredibly exited about this OU team. Tons of ball left to be played but today's win showed me a lot.
Buddy Hield is something else.

whatwouldcooleydo?

Iowan wrote:

agree on all counts but as a neutral, my takeaway from yesterday was more LSU's glaring inability to make decent decisions at crunch time (like, I don't know, making sure Simmons touches the ball every possession?) than anything out of the norm from OU. I think one can take way more positive out of the 3 overtime loss to the Chickenhawks than by outlasting LSU. I pretty much feel the same way about that KU/UK game. KU had the vaunted home advantage and are a better team, yet they had all the could handle from a team that had all of their size fouled out by the end of regulation. Kentucky isn't all that good (tons of talent but it's raw and they don't have much chemistry as a team) and they still could have won that game

OK, one more takeaway: that Spangler kid on OU has some shitty ink :lol:

whatwouldcooleydo?

Iowan wrote:

he is that and also likely the best player interview in college hoops. He's a natural on the mic

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:
Iowan wrote:

agree on all counts but as a neutral, my takeaway from yesterday was more LSU's glaring inability to make decent decisions at crunch time (like, I don't know, making sure Simmons touches the ball every possession?) than anything out of the norm from OU. I think one can take way more positive out of the 3 overtime loss to the Chickenhawks than by outlasting LSU. I pretty much feel the same way about that KU/UK game. KU had the vaunted home advantage and are a better team, yet they had all the could handle from a team that had all of their size fouled out by the end of regulation. Kentucky isn't all that good (tons of talent but it's raw and they don't have much chemistry as a team) and they still could have won that game

OK, one more takeaway: that Spangler kid on OU has some shitty ink :lol:
Fucking Spangler. I'll be glad when that doofus is out of Norman.

whatwouldcooleydo?

whatwouldcooleydo?

saw a loss at Louisville coming. We have been shooting like dogshit and struggling to beat inferior teams, plus Louisville was bound to come out big tonight after UVA beating them like a drum over the weekend. Bad time for the Heels to have a collective shooting slump, as they are about to enter by far the toughest stretch of the schedule. BC on the road is the only potentially easy game of the next nine. Time to see if this really is a championship team

whatwouldcooleydo?

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketb ... -16-season

Louisville has imposed a one-year postseason ban for its men's basketball team amid the NCAA's ongoing investigation into an alleged recruiting scandal at the school.

The school announced the sanctions at a news conference Friday afternoon. University president James R. Ramsey acknowledged that it was "reasonable to conclude violations have occurred in the past."

"I recognize that this is a significant penalty for our program," said Ramsey, who was accompanied at the news conference by longtime coach Rick Pitino and athletic director Tom Jurich.

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

There are couple of bubble teams very happy about the Louisville and SMU situations.

4sooner

Post by 4sooner »

Live by the 3
Die by the 3

whatwouldcooleydo?

Heels go down again to a team that just flatout worked harder. ND got every loose ball and rebounded so much better than the much bigger UNC team. Typical Carolina performance where they played as if they were entitled to a win just because of their ranking and the name on the front of their jersey. Not having a killer instinct seems to be a big part of Tar Heel DNA. They puked away a 15-point lead in the blink of an eye. They won't be hanging any banner this year with more soulless performances like this

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

4sooner wrote:Live by the 3
Die by the 3

I would assume Lon is going to have a little talk with Cousins today.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Is Kentucky's new logo a Wildcat?

Or is it two Blue Jays fucking?

And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

Oh my god.