College Basketball 2015-16

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

whatwouldcooleydo?

Re: College Basketball 2015-16

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

Sterling Bigmouth wrote:Tennessee just took down #1 Gonzaga, first win over a top ranked team since they beat Kansas in 2010!
(1) Congrats!

(2) Now we get Gonzaga, coming off a loss, on Saturday :roll: :roll: :roll:
Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

whatwouldcooleydo?

watched this last night. What a miserable, loathsome SOB :x :x :x

the Neil Reed story is so sad

Sterling Bigmouth

Post by Sterling Bigmouth »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:watched this last night. What a miserable, loathsome SOB :x :x :x

How was this? A friend said it felt like the director had an axe to grind, but he is also an unabashed Hoosier fan.
Turn it up to 10 and rip off the knob

whatwouldcooleydo?

Sterling Bigmouth wrote:
whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:watched this last night. What a miserable, loathsome SOB :x :x :x

How was this? A friend said it felt like the director had an axe to grind, but he is also an unabashed Hoosier fan.
My wife and I both enjoyed it, though it is certainly an unpleasant watch. I didn’t feel they had an axe to grind but (A) I can’t stand Knight and (B) I wasn’t watching that “critically.” Given that it is audio and video of Knight in the film that does him in, I don’t think one can make me buy the “axe to grind” argument

whatwouldcooleydo?

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:
Sterling Bigmouth wrote:Tennessee just took down #1 Gonzaga, first win over a top ranked team since they beat Kansas in 2010!
(1) Congrats!

I feel a double-digit loss coming :roll:

whatwouldcooleydo?

(1) Congrats!

I feel a double-digit loss coming :roll:
just as I predicted ;)

whatwouldcooleydo?

Was quite impressed by Buffalo in their win at Syracuse earlier in week, now about to watch them play a ranked Marquette team in Milwaukee. This game will be a good test for both squads

rlipps

Post by rlipps »

As a UK fan, I wish they could play UNC 5 times a year. Win or lose, the games are always so entertaining. Big win today, really needed that one. Ashton Hagans was a junkyard dog on the defensive end, loved watching him.

whatwouldcooleydo?

rlipps wrote:As a UK fan, I wish they could play UNC 5 times a year. Win or lose, the games are always so entertaining. Big win today, really needed that one. Ashton Hagans was a junkyard dog on the defensive end, loved watching him.
You guys totally outplayed the Heels, who looked collectively sedated from the tip. Congrats on a butt-kicking. Don’t recall the last time I saw the Heels make so many egregious, “what the fuck are you doing?!?!” turnovers, especially from White

I originally feared losing all 3 against Michigan, Gonzaga, & UK, so I guess I should be happy we went 1-2

whatwouldcooleydo?

After watching UCLA get pummeled by Cincinnati a few weeks back I knew that Alford was absolutely gonna get sacked, it was just a matter of time. And that time was after getting waxed at home by Liberty!!! Couldn’t happen to a nicer guy ;)

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

Steve Alford's unquestionable status as a piece of shit human is the one thing Iowa and Iowa State fans can agree on.

Conference play starts tonight. We're 4.5 point favorites against OK State in Gallagher-Iba. Feels weird. 2nd game with our full line up all season. Get the W, and get ready for KU in Hilton on Saturday.

whatwouldcooleydo?

Iowan wrote:Steve Alford's unquestionable status as a piece of shit human is the one thing Iowa and Iowa State fans can agree on.

Conference play starts tonight. We're 4.5 point favorites against OK State in Gallagher-Iba. Feels weird. 2nd game with our full line up all season. Get the W, and get ready for KU in Hilton on Saturday.
Yer boy The Mayor is being mentioned as a potential replacement

I have a friend who started on the Lady Hoosiers (she still holds a few school records, IIRC) at the same time Alford was there, and her stories of his douchieness are classic. Her stories confirm his status as one of the biggest tools ever in college hoops

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

Iowan wrote:Steve Alford's unquestionable status as a piece of shit human is the one thing Iowa and Iowa State fans can agree on.

Yer boy The Mayor is being mentioned as a potential replacement

I have a friend who started on the Lady Hoosiers (she still holds a few school records, IIRC) at the same time Alford was there, and her stories of his douchieness are classic. Her stories confirm his status as one of the biggest tools ever in college hoops
If Hoiberg coaches UCLA I'll wish nothing but misery on them.

Alford was notorious in Iowa City for expecting to get shit for free. I've heard stories of him demanding free meals at fucking McDonalds.

whatwouldcooleydo?

I’m down for UCLA misery regardless of who is coaching ;)

whatwouldcooleydo?

UCLA has never gone “in-house” for any of their coaching hires for over 40 years. Could be that they have never groomed an heir apparent or could be that no one with insider knowledge wants the job. Either way it isn’t a good look. It doesn’t always work but they seemingly haven’t given it a chance

whatwouldcooleydo?

Iowan wrote:Conference play starts tonight. We're 4.5 point favorites against OK State in Gallagher-Iba. Feels weird. 2nd game with our full line up all season. Get the W, and get ready for KU in Hilton on Saturday.
(1) That is a really shitty turnout for this game. I know the students are almost certainly gone, but regardless, OSU is a program with a strong tradition playing a good conference opponent to open league play. As the president of people who enjoy truck nutz would say, "SAD!!!" :roll:

(2) You guys have a Haliburton on your squad.

Only in the Big 12 ;)

(3) Glad that Shayok is out of the ACC

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

This is pissing me off. Every opponent shoots way over their usual 3 % against us

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

Today was a good day.

Sterling Bigmouth

Iowan wrote:Today was a good day.
Indeed it was.

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

Sterling Bigmouth wrote:
Indeed it was.
You guys seem to be well positioned in the SEC driver's seat at this point. Glad to see Barnes doing well. Always struck me as a classy guy, who never really overcame his early tournament exit with the Durant/Augustin team.

KU's top big man is now out for the season. This seems like the year their winning the Big 12 streak dies. Then again, we've been down this road before.

Sterling Bigmouth

The KU big man is great. He was torturing UT’s bigs until he got in some early foul trouble, still upset we let that game slip away. I’d like to think someone finally steps up and knocks Bill Self off his perch, but I’m certainly not betting on it.

whatwouldcooleydo?

Iowan wrote:
Sterling Bigmouth wrote:
Indeed it was.
You guys seem to be well positioned in the SEC driver's seat at this point. Glad to see Barnes doing well. Always struck me as a classy guy, who never really overcame his early tournament exit with the Durant/Augustin team.

KU's top big man is now out for the season. This seems like the year their winning the Big 12 streak dies. Then again, we've been down this road before.
Barnes a “classy guy”? You must not remember him at Clemson. Slick’s a lot of things but classy he ain’t

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

Barnes a “classy guy”? You must not remember him at Clemson. Slick’s a lot of things but classy he ain’t
I didn't pay any attention to him before he came to the Big 12, TBH. Never had an issue with him at Texas, and most of my perception of him is based on that tenure. I was in junior high when he started at UT.

Sterling Bigmouth

I didn’t like him at Texas, but mainly because after his Final Four run I thought he consistently underachieved despite having elite talent. He’s been a slam dunk hire at Tennessee, and he’s never struck me as anything but incredibly classy while here. Granted, I’m too young to remember him at Clemson, so it’s possible I’ve missed something.

whatwouldcooleydo?

I’m an old ;)

He’s proven that he can recruit, that is without question. Jury still out beyond that

Mr. B

Post by Mr. B »

rlipps wrote:As a UK fan, I wish they could play UNC 5 times a year. Win or lose, the games are always so entertaining. Big win today, really needed that one. Ashton Hagans was a junkyard dog on the defensive end, loved watching him.
You guys totally outplayed the Heels, who looked collectively sedated from the tip. Congrats on a butt-kicking. Don’t recall the last time I saw the Heels make so many egregious, “what the fuck are you doing?!?!” turnovers, especially from White

I originally feared losing all 3 against Michigan, Gonzaga, & UK, so I guess I should be happy we went 1-2

A little late now to weigh in, but I was actually at the UNC-UK game as a buddy had an extra ticket. I may have been the only one there rooting for both teams to lose. :D

whatwouldcooleydo?

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:After watching UCLA get pummeled by Cincinnati a few weeks back I knew that Alford was absolutely gonna get sacked, it was just a matter of time. And that time was after getting waxed at home by Liberty!!! Couldn’t happen to a nicer guy ;)
this is a good read

Is Any Coach Capable of Bringing UCLA Back to Its Former Glory?

There’s so much riding on this next hire. UCLA is out of excuses and can’t afford to get this wrong. To be clear, I’m not advocating for the Bruins to have a national-championship-or-bust mentality. That is an absurd standard for any program. National titles are so difficult to win; Kansas has won one in the past 30 years, Kentucky has won one in the past 20 years, and Indiana’s five banners have been accumulating dust for more than three decades.

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

Well, fuck everything.

Slipkid42

Post by Slipkid42 »

Baby Terps are giving me heartburn. Nearly choked up a 21 point lead to Wiscy last night. Bruno is a beast and we will go as far as he can take us (in spite of Turgeon).
A thousand clusterfucks will not kill my tiny light

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

The plane has crashed into the mountain. Or, more accurately, the grain bin.