College Basketball 2015-16

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Zip City

Re: College Basketball 2015-16

Post by Zip City »

Virginia vs. Texas Tech, just like we all predicted
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

I don't understand why that foul call is so controversial. It may not have been the most "slam dunk" call ever, but it seemed to me to be a totally reasonable call and far from ticky tacky to say nothing of wrong. And then the kid steps up and absolutely nails all 3 foul shots, the first 2 of which were as high pressure as it gets, and the third was no gimme either. Very impressive.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

schlanky

Post by schlanky »

beantownbubba wrote:I don't understand why that foul call is so controversial.
I was gonna leave this alone, but since no one else has answered:

Watching that one play isolated, it looks like a foul to me. But calling it was inconsistent with the other 39 minutes, 59.4 seconds of the game. The officials were calling a loose game all day and letting the players play. Both teams had fouls to give at the end because the officials were letting them duke it out and not calling the small stuff. But then they did.

My eyes are tight—I think most everything is a foul. Looking at that play alone, I thought it was a foul. But it was no worse than stuff that wasn’t called all game long on both teams.

The real controversy is the missed double dribble call that allowed that shot to even be taken. It wasn't a judgment call on the double dribble--they just didn't call it.
——

But what happened happened. Can’t blame Virginia for benefitting from a missed call.

I got no sour grapes. It was a good game, and we came out on the short end of the stick. I'm proud of the effort and coming back from 10 down with six minutes left to make it a game. In a perfect world, we’d have had overtime for either team to win without headlines about a controversial finish. Virginia got the win in a hard-fought game with great defense on both ends; congrats to the Hoos.
Let the outside air in

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

schlanky wrote:The real controversy is the missed double dribble call that allowed that shot to even be taken. It wasn't a judgment call on the double dribble--they just didn't call it.
Agreed.

Thanks for the full explanation of the other call.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard