College Basketball 2015-16

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

whatwouldcooleydo?

Re: College Basketball 2015-16

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

Seems like significantly more fouls on 3-point shots than any tournament I can recall. Definitely more 4 point plays than normal
Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

loyola putting the hurt on K state. sure would enjoy seeing them destroy puke.

whatwouldcooleydo?

Clams

Post by Clams »

Gotta love Villanova. Always well coached, smart, athletic.
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

KU/Puke a helluva game. good way to end the tourney for the weekend.

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

I'm pulling for KU and I feel unclean.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

KU vs Villanova could be another classic. Next weekend looks pretty good. Nice because I'll be laid up post chemo. Rooting for Loyola just for the under dog factor.

Mr. B

Post by Mr. B »

Iowan wrote:Mr. B.

Damn
Double Damn. Looked awesome on Thursday night, and gutted out a nice victory last night. The ironic thing is that I was in the hospital from Thursday afternoon until this afternoon, but it afforded me the opportunity to watch all the games, a great four days of basketball. And the hockey team made the frozen four this afternoon!

Everybody in the country will be rooting for Loyola on Saturday, and I don't blame them. We live about 2 miles from the campus and I go to some of their games, so if we have to lose I want it to be them. And Duke is out. My pool is officially busted now, but I couldn't draw this up any better.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

Mr. B wrote:

Damn
Double Damn. Looked awesome on Thursday night, and gutted out a nice victory last night. The ironic thing is that I was in the hospital from Thursday afternoon until this afternoon, but it afforded me the opportunity to watch all the games, a great four days of basketball. And the hockey team made the frozen four this afternoon!

Everybody in the country will be rooting for Loyola on Saturday, and I don't blame them. We live about 2 miles from the campus and I go to some of their games, so if we have to lose I want it to be them. And Duke is out. My pool is officially busted now, but I couldn't draw this up any better.
hope you are feeling better. the tourney is a good way to convalesce. i had chemo week 1 & was on the couch for 3 solid days of hoop (was on the needle thursday). next weekend will be laid up again, so 2 games on saturday will be a good thing. i have to cross myself when i say this but have been getting into the trailblazers on the nba side. as a former sonic season ticket holder, this was a big step. damian lilliard is the real deal though.

Mr. B

Post by Mr. B »

chuckrh wrote:
Mr. B wrote:

Damn

hope you are feeling better. the tourney is a good way to convalesce. i had chemo week 1 & was on the couch for 3 solid days of hoop (was on the needle thursday). next weekend will be laid up again, so 2 games on saturday will be a good thing. i have to cross myself when i say this but have been getting into the trailblazers on the nba side. as a former sonic season ticket holder, this was a big step. damian lilliard is the real deal though.

Thanks man, unfortunately I've seen enough family and friends go through what you are experiencing to know that what I had was a walk in the park compared to what you are going through. Hope the week goes well and you can enjoy the games.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

thank you. off to the coal mines, only 3 days this week & next though. thankfully. appreciate the note.

Clams

Post by Clams »

Who's stoked for Penn State vs Utah in the NIT Final tonight?!?!

Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

whatwouldcooleydo?

If Villanova wins it all, I am fairly certain I will finish 1st or 2nd (both "in the $") in the Merge records pool. If they beat Michigan I *think* I finish second , and if they beat Loyola I may win, but at worst finish second. If I do get paid it's all going into my 2019 Athens fund

If Kansas beats Villanova........well, then doublefuck Kansas ;) ;) ;)

whatwouldcooleydo?

5 star recruit decommits from Syracuse for G League

When asked about a top prospect decommitting from college to play in the G League, NBA executives said it could become a portal for change. “This has the ability to alter rules moving forward and show prospects the G League is a true option,” a team official told Yahoo Sports.

“As the G League grows, the way teams develop players under NBA styles and under NBA eyes, it makes sense,” another team executive said of the move. “There’s no new culture in the G League, nothing out of the NBA norm, and you’re growing in an NBA environment. It could open the floodgates for players who want to focus on basketball and development, first and foremost.”

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

Sorry Bill, but that ending was nuts

Mr. B

Post by Mr. B »

One more to go. What a blast this run has been. We weren't even in the top 25 (or top 40 if you include "others getting votes") at the beginning of the year. And, as usual, we have very few top 100 recruits on the team. But Beilein did a great job this year and you need to give the players credit for buying into his system and working hard to improve, especially defensively. This seems like a great bunch of kids who really like each other and are doing things the right way.

I think 'Nova beats us 7 out of 10 games. But if we hit our 3s early and Wagner stays out of foul trouble, we have a fighting chance. Let's hope we don't need to make a few free throws at the end of the game. Let's go Blue!

whatwouldcooleydo?

Mr. B wrote:One more to go. What a blast this run has been. We weren't even in the top 25 (or top 40 if you include "others getting votes") at the beginning of the year. And, as usual, we have very few top 100 recruits on the team. But Beilein did a great job this year and you need to give the players credit for buying into his system and working hard to improve, especially defensively. This seems like a great bunch of kids who really like each other and are doing things the right way.

I think 'Nova beats us 7 out of 10 games. But if we hit our 3s early and Wagner stays out of foul trouble, we have a fighting chance. Let's hope we don't need to make a few free throws at the end of the game. Let's go Blue!
Your guys cost me $400 :roll: I would have finished second in my pool and won $400 had Loyola held on to that lead. As it is, I finished third and now win a set of steak knives. It wasn't that I had Loyola going that far, but Michigan winning gave someone else just enough points to pass me

I'll be rooting for the Wolverines, just as I was when they played Louisville, so finish they job

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

Think Villanova is going to win handily & be looking for a new coach shortly. That guy has NBA written all over him.

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

Villanova has been playing with their food up to this point. I think Philly is title town again.

Sorry Mr. B. Your boys have had one hell of a run, but Nova looks ridiculous.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Finished second in my pool whatever happens tonite, my highest finish probably since before I knew any of you. Not sure about the payout, but cash is good.

Still stunned by the UConn women's loss. While the top competitive level may still not be deep, after 2 straight late tournament losses by UConn it has to be said that competition does exist on the women's side.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

beantownbubba wrote:Finished second in my pool whatever happens tonite, my highest finish probably since before I knew any of you. Not sure about the payout, but cash is good.

Still stunned by the UConn women's loss. While the top competitive level may still not be deep, after 2 straight late tournament losses by UConn it has to be said that competition does exist on the women's side.
I've been a loud critic of the lack of competition in the women's game, but I agree that it is getting incrementally better. There are now a handful of schools that are catching up to UConn, which is good for the sport. I still think we're a long way from true depth across the country, but it's good to see very competitive games in the Final Four.

On a side note, I was pleased to see Columbus host the Final 4 this year. I really wish the NCAA Men's Tourney would give the city a chance at hosting something beyond the first weekend of play.
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

The Women's Final Four was definitely entertaining this year, and it does seem that the competitive balance is increasing, which is good for any sport, IMO.

Bill in CT

Post by Bill in CT »

UConn is now 3-4 against Notre Dame in the women’s Final Four. Ugh.
The closer you get to the meaning
The sooner you'll know that you're dreaming

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Bill in CT wrote:UConn is now 3-4 against Notre Dame in the women’s Final Four. Ugh.
Ugh indeed. I knew it was "bad" but i didn't realize it was that bad.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

whatwouldcooleydo?

sharing this only to point out the Rhode Island's AD is Thorr Bjorn :o :o :o

https://deadspin.com/rhode-island-denie ... 1824288567

According to a report Monday from GoLocalProv, Rhode Island athletic director Thorr Bjorn offered Pitino the men’s basketball head coaching position vacated after Dan Hurley left for UConn a couple of weeks ago. The outlet reported that the pair had “come to a rough agreement in principle”—so, nothing firm. Louisville fired Pitino along with athletic director Tom Jurich last fall, as the two were connected to the FBI investigation into college basketball’s recruiting underbelly.

GoLocalProv reports that when Bjorn approached school president David Dooley with his proposal—the site wrote that the deal was set to pay Pitino $2 million per season—but Dooley rejected Pitino’s candidacy, citing the former coach’s legal baggage.

whatwouldcooleydo?

congrats to Villanova, that was a serious woodsheddin'..... After the first 10-15 minutes it reminded me of the 2009 curb stomp the Heels put on the Spartans

Mr. B

Post by Mr. B »

I could barely watch the second half of the final and spent more time out of the room avoiding the game then watching it. It was that painful. I suppose it's no surprise that the clearly better team won. After 2 days I've entered the next stage of grief and am trying to focus on the great run that got us to the final game. It was a blast.

whatwouldcooleydo?

whatwouldcooleydo?

It’s gonna be a long, long, insufferable season :cry:

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:It’s gonna be a long, long, insufferable season :cry:
Dook looked awesome last night, so I understand your tears.
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.