College Basketball 2015-16

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

whatwouldcooleydo?

Re: College Basketball 2015-16

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

Watching Cincinnati/Iowa, it's obvious that Chris Webber has no idea what litmus test means, yet he uses the phrase

Perhaps he should take a timeout and learn the definition
Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:Watching Cincinnati/Iowa, it's obvious that Chris Webber has no idea what litmus test means, yet he uses the phrase

Perhaps he should take a timeout and learn the definition
:lol: I see what you did there.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

whatwouldcooleydo?

Iowan wrote:
Zip City wrote:I am usually so psyched for the tourney each year, but I just can't get excited for it this year. I tried watching some yesterday and got so bored so fast. I don't know why
No huge upsets. The biggest upset was also a blow out.
I can only speak for myself, but I enjoyed the hell out of yesterday's games. There were four tight games that were in doubt right up to the end, there was the Ja Morant express, and Wofford had its coming-out party, as well as close games in Florida/Nevada and Baylor/Syracuse.

whatwouldcooleydo?

I had UC Irvine in my bracket

Sterling Bigmouth

Post by Sterling Bigmouth »

Not a pretty win for the Vols, but survive and advance. Onto Iowa.
Turn it up to 10 and rip off the knob

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

What is it w/ Wisconsin and fifth seeds? Not only was the U of Wisconsin upset, they looked at least as bad as Marquette did the night before. Ugh.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:I had UC Irvine in my bracket

That was a pretty convincing win.

whatwouldcooleydo?

beantownbubba wrote:

Also had Oregon over Wisconsin, and subsequently Oregon over UC Irvine to get to Sweet 16. I need every edge I can get, I want to get paid this year

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:
beantownbubba wrote:

Also had Oregon over Wisconsin, and subsequently Oregon over UC Irvine to get to Sweet 16. I need every edge I can get, I want to get paid this year
you ready for tomorrow? let's see how NC does against an excellent zone defense with a bunch of youngsters with 1 day to prepare. i'm starting to see an upset brewing, woof woof! GO DAWGS!!!!!!!! BTW: a mere 5 wins to $2000! i'm not quite spending the money yet though,haha. hope NC vs UW is a good game at least. cheers! :D

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

beantownbubba wrote:

you ready for tomorrow? let's see how NC does against an excellent zone defense with a bunch of youngsters with 1 day to prepare. i'm starting to see an upset brewing, woof woof! GO DAWGS!!!!!!!! BTW: a mere 5 wins to $2000! i'm not quite spending the money yet though,haha. hope NC vs UW is a good game at least. cheers! :D

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

God damn it

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Iowan wrote:God damn it
Ohio State has been a shit show all year and NOW they decide to step it up? I would've lost a lot of money had I bet on that game. Sorry man
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

beantownbubba wrote:

please send UNC some nice hateful fred so that they will be in a twirling stupour reeking of patchouli come game time. i kid, i kid!!!!! :mrgreen:

whatwouldcooleydo?

Iowan wrote:God damn it
Bedshitters

Worst bracket loss for me so far, actually had ISU making some noise

whatwouldcooleydo?

25 of 32 so far. In good shape in my money pools, potential points total still high. Need to pick off a differential somewhere,
however, as so many playing have identical/close to identical Final Four picks. I have one team that can be such a differential going to the Elite 8 that virtually none of my opponents picked, so fingers crossed. Not gonna jinx it by saying
their name but will say they play tomorrow

schlanky

Post by schlanky »

So Auburn was the only 5 seed that didn't get upset by a 12 seed this year. Hopefully they'll look better tonight against Kansas than they did on Thursday.
Let the outside air in

whatwouldcooleydo?

schlanky wrote:So Auburn was the only 5 seed that didn't get upset by a 12 seed this year. Hopefully they'll look better tonight against Kansas than they did on Thursday.
I’m with you big time, at least for today ;)

whatwouldcooleydo?

chuckrh wrote:you ready for tomorrow? let's see how NC does against an excellent zone defense with a bunch of youngsters with 1 day to prepare. i'm starting to see an upset brewing, woof woof! GO DAWGS!!!!!!!! BTW: a mere 5 wins to $2000! i'm not quite spending the money yet though,haha. hope NC vs UW is a good game at least. cheers! :D
you gonna be wearing a Chuxedo?

whatwouldcooleydo?

chuckrh wrote:please send UNC some nice hateful fred so that they will be in a twirling stupour reeking of patchouli come game time. i kid, i kid!!!!! :mrgreen:
were you high when you posted that? ;)

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

chuckrh wrote:please send UNC some nice hateful fred so that they will be in a twirling stupour reeking of patchouli come game time. i kid, i kid!!!!! :mrgreen:
sadly, i'm always compromised at some level. i live in constant severe pain, as all of my joints are slowly being destroyed. i've been fighting severe RA for about 10 years & the accumalated damage has gotten pretty bad & hard to live with. things have taken a turn for the worse the last 1.5 years. i've always had a warped sense of humour & was trying to be funny. just like pagliacci baby....seriously, GO DAWGS!!!!!! & me winnning $2000 on a sucker homer bet!!!

whatwouldcooleydo?

chuckrh wrote:
sadly, i'm always compromised at some level. i live in constant severe pain, as all of my joints are slowly being destroyed. i've been fighting severe RA for about 10 years & the accumalated damage has gotten pretty bad & hard to live with. things have taken a turn for the worse the last 1.5 years. i've always had a warped sense of humour & was trying to be funny. just like pagliacci baby....seriously, GO DAWGS!!!!!! & me winnning $2000 on a sucker homer bet!!!
Yeah, I knew that and once again sorry for your ordeal. No jokes here, always hate to hear what you are going through

whatwouldcooleydo?

chuckrh wrote:
Yeah, I knew that and once again sorry for your ordeal. No jokes here, always hate to hear what you are going through
That said, for two hours tomorrow, no mercy! :D

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

were you high when you posted that? ;)[/quote]

sadly, i'm always compromised at some level. i live in constant severe pain, as all of my joints are slowly being destroyed. i've been fighting severe RA for about 10 years & the accumalated damage has gotten pretty bad & hard to live with. things have taken a turn for the worse the last 1.5 years. i've always had a warped sense of humour & was trying to be funny. just like pagliacci baby....seriously, GO DAWGS!!!!!! & me winnning $2000 on a sucker homer bet!!![/quote]

Yeah, I knew that and once again sorry for your ordeal. No jokes here, always hate to hear what you are going through[/quote]

they were laughing at me at the mandalay bay sports book when i placed the bet. i've had 1 of those kind of bets pay off when the Seahawks won the Super Bowl. i put $10 on the Mariners to win the World Series at 100 to 1 too. that 1 is far less likely to come in than the Huskies IMHO. Huskies game last night was pretty good. They lost their point guard to fouls with a lot of time left & the game tight. they manned up (not meant to be sexist) & took care of business. i think UW struck gold on their coach hire just like in football. Mike Hopkins seems to really like it here & the school. they've already given him a contract extension & big raise. PAC 12 coach of the year both of his seasons, along with 20 win seasons. & he is in a huge Pearl Jam fan. given how those guys are pretty big hoop fans (Mookie Blaylock was the original name of the band), i'm sure Hopkins has connected with the band by now. Huskies have a great, classic college basketball arena. very old but recently refurbished nicely. the program seems to be on the upswing. basketball is hugely popular in the seattle area given the weather & there are a lot of local guys in the NBA. now UW is competing more with Gonzaga & other schools for those guys. as a former Sonic season ticket holder, it's truly a pity that the NBA chose to make Seattle the city they use to hold other cities hostage for public money to build arenas. God help me, i actually watch the Portland Trailblazers now. i may be going to hell for that one. BTW: Jimmy Kimmel better be careful with the Gonzaga thing. half the lawyers in the state went to school there! enjoy the games this weekend. i'm a bit more laid up than normal this weekend, so having NCAA on is perfect. i got the new shingles vaccine shot & it gives you flu like systems for (hopefully only) a few days. well worth it if it stops shingles from coming back!

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

All: what the hell is a Wofford? :lol:

rlipps

Post by rlipps »

Now I can exhale and watch the rest of the games this weekend stress-free

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

rlipps wrote:Now I can exhale and watch the rest of the games this weekend stress-free
You got lucky that the kid who was 0-for-a million from 3 kept chucking up terrible shots down the stretch

whatwouldcooleydo?

Zip City wrote:
rlipps wrote:Now I can exhale and watch the rest of the games this weekend stress-free
You got lucky that the kid who was 0-for-a million from 3 kept chucking up terrible shots down the stretch
Fletcher McGee? More like Poops McGee ;)

rlipps

Post by rlipps »

Zip City wrote:
Dude shoots those shots every game and he was 3-37 from 3 against the three elite teams he played this year, us, KU and UNC. Think it less luck and more he struggles against athletic defenders with length.

whatwouldcooleydo?

rlipps wrote:
Zip City wrote:
Dude shoots those shots every game and he was 3-37 from 3 against the three elite teams he played this year, us, KU and UNC. Think it less luck and more he struggles against athletic defenders with length.
Precisely. He had to expend maximum effort just to get off his shots. And the shots he did get off were pretty bad looks. Same for Wofford overall with respect to energy expended. Was surprised they had enough in the tank to even get to the end, much less have a chance

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

rlipps wrote:
Zip City wrote:
He looked like a try-hard in a YMCA pick up game