College Basketball 2015-16

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

whatwouldcooleydo?

Re: College Basketball 2015-16

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

chuckrh wrote:
Sterling Bigmouth wrote:Be careful what you wish for is right, those Ramblers can flat out play.
they have a lucky nun in a wheelchair too.
Sister Jean is not a Mother

She’s just old and claims Loyola’s number one

But the fan is just a nun

I am NOT the creator of this, just passing it along ;)
Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

Clayton Custer started out at Iowa State. He didn't seem to be quite big enough to hack it in a major conference, but his cajones were evident right off the bat.

Glad to see him kicking ass and making us look stupid for not finding a way to keep him around.

Sterling Bigmouth

Post by Sterling Bigmouth »

Iowan wrote:
whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:I think that any team that wins its conference automatic bid, regardless of the conference, should not have to play in the First Four. Period.

What say y'all???
I somewhat agree. It should be the place for bubble power conference schools, like last night's game.

Speaking of which, am I the only one with a gut feeling that Syracuse is going to pull another bullshit run out of their ass?
Nailed it.
Turn it up to 10 and rip off the knob

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

Sterling Bigmouth wrote:
Iowan wrote:
whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:I think that any team that wins its conference automatic bid, regardless of the conference, should not have to play in the First Four. Period.

What say y'all???
I somewhat agree. It should be the place for bubble power conference schools, like last night's game.

Speaking of which, am I the only one with a gut feeling that Syracuse is going to pull another bullshit run out of their ass?
Nailed it.
Every god damn year.

Go Heels. Jizz Jar U can burn in Hell.

whatwouldcooleydo?

Going into this game I was quite concerned that A&M's size would present the same issues as when Carolina played MSU in that Phil Knight thing back in November. The first half has done nothing to dispel my concerns, we are flat out getting manhandled

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:Going into this game I was quite concerned that A&M's size would present the same issues as when Carolina played MSU in that Phil Knight thing back in November. The first half has done nothing to dispel my concerns, we are flat out getting manhandled
I hope you guys can pull it out. It looks like there's no game plan at all on offense.

Lots of conflict for me in this game. I despise Roy Williams, but have no ill will for UNC outside of that. I think A&M is the largest cult in the country, and downright disturbing as a whole.

So go Heels.

Mr. B

Post by Mr. B »

Was in Vegas for the first few days of the tournament, a trip I've made 26 of the last 27 years. Its nirvana for college hoops junkies, especially if you like to make the games more "interesting". Watching all the games at once and having a vested interest in both the outcome and the point spread, combined with many cold beers, makes for a perfect day.

I manged to be in the air flying home during the entire Michigan game. So I missed one of the greatest endings in Michigan history. The good news is that we have not played well yet still managed to win. But we better pick up our game fast to keep advancing.

whatwouldcooleydo?

Iowan wrote:
whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:Going into this game I was quite concerned that A&M's size would present the same issues as when Carolina played MSU in that Phil Knight thing back in November. The first half has done nothing to dispel my concerns, we are flat out getting manhandled
I hope you guys can pull it out. It looks like there's no game plan at all on offense.

Lots of conflict for me in this game. I despise Roy Williams, but have no ill will for UNC outside of that. I think A&M is the largest cult in the country, and downright disturbing as a whole.

So go Heels.
Thanks, will take any help that's offered :lol:

Unless they suddenly discover some eligibility for Montross, Hansbrough, and Sean May, we're toast. On top of getting bullied all over the paint, A&M isn't missing shots

In my lifetime SEC schools have knocked us out of tournament a bunch of times, I always dread facing them

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

The real question is “why does UNC get to play in their home state in the opening rounds?”
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

whatwouldcooleydo?

Zip City wrote:The real question is “why does UNC get to play in their home state in the opening rounds?”
do you ask that as well for Michigan State and Kansas and Villanova and Texas Tech?

whatwouldcooleydo?

pretty hilarious that Syracuse is gonna go further than UNC and UVA ;)

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:
Zip City wrote:The real question is “why does UNC get to play in their home state in the opening rounds?”
do you ask that as well for Michigan State and Kansas and Villanova and Texas Tech?
Yes. It should be avoided

whatwouldcooleydo?

I am playing in the Merge Records bracket pool and was a point out of first earlier today. I still have Michigan (yes, I picked them to beat the Heels in the next round) and Villanova alive from my Final Four (UVA and Michigan State were my other two FF picks), with Nova winning it all. The person ahead of me has Cincinnati winning it all (WTF???), so if Bearcats lose before Final Four and Michigan and Nova advance, I may still have a good shot at some $$$

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:I am playing in the Merge Records bracket pool and was a point out of first earlier today. I still have Michigan (yes, I picked them to beat the Heels in the next round) and Villanova alive from my Final Four (UVA and Michigan State were my other two FF picks), with Nova winning it all. The person ahead of me has Cincinnati winning it all (WTF???), so if Bearcats lose before Final Four and Michigan and Nova advance, I may still have a good shot at some $$$
I'd say you're set.

This has been the best opening weekend of my lifetime.

whatwouldcooleydo?

Iowan wrote:
whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:I am playing in the Merge Records bracket pool and was a point out of first earlier today. I still have Michigan (yes, I picked them to beat the Heels in the next round) and Villanova alive from my Final Four (UVA and Michigan State were my other two FF picks), with Nova winning it all. The person ahead of me has Cincinnati winning it all (WTF???), so if Bearcats lose before Final Four and Michigan and Nova advance, I may still have a good shot at some $$$
I'd say you're set.

I agree, even with us getting our ass handed to us. I feel bad for those who turn the tournament off once their school is out/bracket is busted. It is hands down my favorite sporting event, regardless of how my team does. The past four days have made for some of the most entertaining hoops and compelling stories I've seen, and I can't wait for Thursday to get here.

whatwouldcooleydo?

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:pretty hilarious that Syracuse is gonna go further than UNC and UVA ;)
add Clemson and Florida State

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

Iowan wrote:
I'd say you're set.

I agree, even with us getting our ass handed to us. I feel bad for those who turn the tournament off once their school is out/bracket is busted. It is hands down my favorite sporting event, regardless of how my team does. The past four days have made for some of the most entertaining hoops and compelling stories I've seen, and I can't wait for Thursday to get here.
I have a hard time watching once we get bounced. It's not that I don't care, it's that it's just a raw wound. I was so pissed in 2015 that I didn't watch another game after UAB 14/3'd us.

In a weird way, I've had more fun watching the tournament this year with us out of the picture. Obviously it's the kind of thing I want to be as rare as possible, but I knew this would be a rebuilding year, and we couldn't really have picked a better one. This is the best tournament ever, and I don't have to deal with that sneaking dread of knowing I'm going to be disappointed very soon.

It's definitely the greatest thing in sports, and I feel that way every year. It's just that I've watched it in a different light this year, and it has delivered.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:pretty hilarious that Syracuse is gonna go further than UNC and UVA ;)
maybe there are some enviromental factors for UNC:

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/n ... ld-w517973

i kid, i kid! ;)

whatwouldcooleydo?

chuckrh wrote:
maybe there are some enviromental factors for UNC:

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/n ... ld-w517973

i kid, i kid! ;)
Hah! Pig farming in eastern NC didn't need one bit of Chinese help to create a massive environmental disaster

And back on topic: I've resigned myself to my enemy winning it all :( :( :( The two teams have traded titles a few times already: dook in 91/92 and then Heels in 93, Heels 2009 then dook 2010, and we won it last year. Plus, they are pretty good this year

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

I think Villanova is the prohibitive favorite at this point

whatwouldcooleydo?

Zip City wrote:I think Villanova is the prohibitive favorite at this point
They certainly look like it, and I need them to win if I am gonna win $$$, but since nothing makes sense in this tournament I'm not banking on anything

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

I would agree.

Another Philly title for 2018.

whatwouldcooleydo?

Iowan wrote:
I would agree.

I certainly hope you both are correct, for multiple reasons, as that Methodist school in Durham has a "for the ages" recruiting class coming in next year (they have #1, 2, 3, and 10 coming in). Now of course having a bunch of stud freshman rarely translates to banners, but the rat will have some quality players from this year back next year, so the time to get them might be now

Damn, will be reduced to rooting for Boeheim again this weekend :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol:

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

Iowan wrote:
I would agree.

I certainly hope you both are correct, for multiple reasons, as that Methodist school in Durham has a "for the ages" recruiting class coming in next year (they have #1, 2, 3, and 10 coming in). Now of course having a bunch of stud freshman rarely translates to banners, but the rat will have some quality players from this year back next year, so the time to get them might be now

Damn, will be reduced to rooting for Boeheim again this weekend :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol:
zone, baby, zone

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Penn State is in the Final Four!!!!

* of the NIT

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

Iowan wrote:
I would agree.

I hate Duke, but not enough to root for Boeheim.

whatwouldcooleydo?

Iowan wrote:I hate Duke, but not enough to root for Boeheim.
just when we were getting along so well :lol: :lol: :lol:

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

Mr. B.

Damn

whatwouldcooleydo?

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

pulling for Loyola Chicago. nice to see a (very) small school make some noise in the tournament. i am ready to hire Sister Jean to be team chaplain for my Seahawks. evidently she has some very good connections!