Beantownbubba

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

StevieRay
Location: A rougher ride but I saw more interesting people there

Re: Beantownbubba

Post by StevieRay »

Heartfelt sympathies to Bernfelds. We are so sorry.

lynne

Post by lynne »

Not sure how many of you followed Bubba's Caring Bridge Posts, or whether you believe in signs, but I was behind a car this morning that had a personalized plate "ELEFNT". I would like to think it was Bryan sending a sign to pass on to Bubba that he is okay.
I just want to stay in that better time and place....

blessedcurse

Post by blessedcurse »

BTB - (Jeff) - as others have said...there are no words. We are simply heartbroken to hear this news. Peace, Love and Strength.
Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them. - Thoreau

one belt loop

Post by one belt loop »

As others have said, there are no words. But we keep trying, don't we?

My deepest sympathies on your loss. May you find some comfort in the love of your family and friends.

In reading some of the tributes left about Bryan by his closest friends, it was clear that many of his most positive and prominent traits came straight from the old man. What a wonderful father you are. What a wonderful friend.
Matt playing like an evil motherfucker w/ rhythm with a capital MPLAEMWR.

- bubba

Bill in CT

Post by Bill in CT »

I'm so sorry for your loss. Please accept my condolences for you and your family.
The closer you get to the meaning
The sooner you'll know that you're dreaming

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

GW in IA wrote:No fucking words...

Love from flyover country.
Seconded.

Fuck.

Maluca3

Post by Maluca3 »

All the love to you and your family.
...a long day of improbable and grotesque mischief

njMark

Post by njMark »

Everything I type just comes out sounding like a condolence card so I'll just say I'm sorry for your. Stay strong.

TW_2.0

Post by TW_2.0 »

Love and deepest sympathies to you, Bubba. So, so, so sorry.
I can't dance a lick but sometimes I can flat rock and roll

scotto

Post by scotto »

Jeff and family:
"Sorry" is such a weak word, but I can't think of any others. Thinking of the great afternoon Wendy and I got to spend with you and your family and so glad we got to meet Bryan. We're thinking of all of you.
Love from Scott and Wendy

lajakesdad

Post by lajakesdad »

So sorry to hear the news Bubba. My thoughts and prayers to you and your family. RIP Bryan.

cortez the killer

Post by cortez the killer »

Thoughts & prayers with the Bernfelds during this difficult time. R.I.P., Bryan.
You are entitled to your opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts.
- DPM

Gator McKlusky

Post by Gator McKlusky »

All my love to you and your family Bubba.
Looks like a bunch of little whiny fucksticks to me

3milelake

Post by 3milelake »

Deepest condolences Jeff. I haven't been around much & had no idea. Just terrible news. Stay strong & treasure your happiest memories, RIP Bryan.

Beebs

Post by Beebs »

I keep coming back here hoping to have something worth while to say.

I guess all I really can say is that, Jeff, we love you. My family grieves with your's and we wish you, MK, Jeremy and Bryan peace.
Beebs is not a ragey man

CooleyGirl

Post by CooleyGirl »

UR, OBL & I just came from Bryan's funeral. Every seat was full & many people stood for the whole service. It was a powerful testimony to Bryan's life. From the words from the people who knew him best, he lived more in 26 years than most people live in 80. BTB was as eloquent as always. I won't go into all the details as I couldn't do it justice. The 3 of us were able to hug BTB & his wife MK & we passed on all the love from here to they & their family. Jeff said to pass along their thanks & appreciation & to let you know he hopes to be back here soon.
Jay Gonzalez - the Swiss Army Knife of Musicians - Patterson Hood

Slipkid42

Post by Slipkid42 »

Damn. I am so very sorry for your loss, Jeff. I know how much you love your son. My deepest condolences to you & your family. RIP Bryan.
A thousand clusterfucks will not kill my tiny light

PeterG

Post by PeterG »

so sorry to hear this horrible news,
Your family are in our thoughts and prayers...
take a deep breath and throw yourself into it with everything you got...it's great to be alive!

UTHeathen

Post by UTHeathen »

So sorry for your loss BTB.

Lurleen McQueen
Location: the landmass between NOLA and Mobile- it's called Mississippi!

Post by Lurleen McQueen »

We love you with all our heart.
Consistently holding bullshit up to the light of reason

whatwouldcooleydo?

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

this breaks my heart, so sorry to hear this.

To love is to feel pain, there ain't no way around it
Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

Markalanbishop

Post by Markalanbishop »

My deepest sympathies. Life's not supposed to work like this.
Kick out the jams motherfuckers.

Shakespeare

Post by Shakespeare »

ive got nothing fancy to say but im real sorry to hear this btb. im sure its no consolation but your caring bridge posts were full of more strength and grace than i can even imagine under the circumstances. your family and anyone else is lucky to have you. all my best.

Barely_Oakely

Post by Barely_Oakely »

Everything I've tried writing feels like it can't come close to what it should. I think at times like this, words can hardly do justice. Just know what even though we've never met, you are in my thoughts and I'm sending all the good vibes I've got your way.
"Allman Brother's up and windows down." LB3

Beebs

Post by Beebs »

For those not tuned into Bubba's Caring Bridge posts, an unimaginably hard week has come to a close. For whatever it's worth, please keep Jeff and family in your thoughts this weekend and raise a glass (or whatever your thing is) to our friend.
Beebs is not a ragey man

Clams

Post by Clams »

Beebs wrote:For those not tuned into Bubba's Caring Bridge posts, an unimaginably hard week has come to a close. For whatever it's worth, please keep Jeff and family in your thoughts this weekend and raise a glass (or whatever your thing is) to our friend.
Amen. Here's to Bryan. And bubba.
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

Clams

Post by Clams »

Hey everybody, thought you all might want to know that I paid a visit to bubba's home tonight for the last night of shiva for Bryan. (For those who don't know, shiva is the period when a jewish family mourns for a close relative who's died, it usually lasts a few days after the funeral). While bubba's family is grieving and beyond sad, they are surrounded by extended family, friends and neighbors, etc, and I think they are doing about as well as can be expected. Plus, bubba's other son Jeremy is getting married next month, so the family will soon be looking forward to that. I'm sure the wedding will be bittersweet, but I think it's good that they have a happy occasion on the horizon. Also, bubba wanted everyone to know that he is aware of and appreciates all of your thoughts, prayers and comments in this thread. That's about it.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Clams wrote:Hey everybody, thought you all might want to know that I paid a visit to bubba's home tonight for the last night of shiva for Bryan. (For those who don't know, shiva is the period when a jewish family mourns for a close relative who's died, it usually lasts a few days after the funeral). While bubba's family is grieving and beyond sad, they are surrounded by extended family, friends and neighbors, etc, and I think they are doing about as well as can be expected. Plus, bubba's other son Jeremy is getting married next month, so the family will soon be looking forward to that. I'm sure the wedding will be bittersweet, but I think it's good that they have a happy occasion on the horizon. Also, bubba wanted everyone to know that he is aware of and appreciates all of your thoughts, prayers and comments in this thread. That's about it.
Good on you Clams. I saw the texts this morning and I know your visit was very much appreciated. I know today might be a tough day for them with Jeremy leaving and the house getting quiet. They continue to be in our thoughts constantly.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Thank you, everyone. Thank you so very much.

It seems so inadequate but I don't really know what else to say. But no doubt I'll say it at great length (this one's for you, Clams). I'm honored, humbled and touched by this outpouring of support, concern, sympathy and love. As everyone who has posted has grappled with, this was/is an unimaginable situation that does not translate well into words, but nonetheless, all the words and all the efforts matter a lot. I can assure you of that. I didn't see all the posts in anything like real time but I did see them from time to time and they always buoyed my spirits. And when OBL, UR, CG, Black Canary and Clams carried your support into the funeral service and into our home (for shiva, more or less the Jewish equivalent of a wake) it was overwhelming.

I hope nobody experiences what we've been through. But we know that bad things, terrible things, do happen. And it's good to have y'all there when they do.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Clams

Post by Clams »

beantownbubba wrote:But no doubt I'll say it at great length (this one's for you, Clams).
Naturally, why would this post be any different than all the rest?? :mrgreen:

You know we love ya, big guy. Keep on hanging in there.