Motorcycles

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Southern IL Trucker

Motorcycles

Post by Southern IL Trucker »

I have a Triumph Thunderbird and go to several bike events throughout the summer. What is your drug of choice and do you attend any ride events in your area?

GW in IA

Re: Motorcycles

Post by GW in IA »

I haven't ridden in years, but the last two years I seem to spend a LOT of my idle time sniffing around Harley V rods, I like the style, and most of the things that The diehards hate about the V Rod are the things I like. Low noise/ high power. Now isn't the time for me to be buying, but the time will come back around.
Reluctantly, our hero rises to the day, with a moan and a curse to an absent God.

njMark

Post by njMark »

Used to ride enduros way back when, nothing like ripping through the sandy pine barrens on a 2 stroke yamaha to put a smile on your face. Also had a Yamaha FZR 1000, a lot of fun and a lot of speed. Never really understood the whole Harley thing, too many rules and regulations amongst the Harley guys for my taste. After having 2 kids, I put the motor powered bikes away and now I ride the pedal powered variety, now the only idiot I have to watch out for is myself. Always wanted a Bonneville though.

psychobillycadillac

Post by psychobillycadillac »

njMark wrote:Used to ride enduros way back when, nothing like ripping through the sandy pine barrens on a 2 stroke yamaha to put a smile on your face. Also had a Yamaha FZR 1000, a lot of fun and a lot of speed. Never really understood the whole Harley thing, too many rules and regulations amongst the Harley guys for my taste. After having 2 kids, I put the motor powered bikes away and now I ride the pedal powered variety, now the only idiot I have to watch out for is myself. Always wanted a Bonneville though.

I stopped riding motorcycles and began riding bicycles in part because it was the "safer" option and I was sick of friends dying on two wheels. Three cyclists in my area were hit and killed by cars last week and I'm still sick of friends dying on two wheels. :cry:

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

No
and that pussy Alec Baldwin blew that girl away, and speaking of pussy Steve got it all!

PeterJ

Post by PeterJ »

'07 Suzuki Boulevard CT. Cruise when I can, but not enough for my tastes. Looking into "bobbing" it with a kit in the future. We'll see.
I'm only human, though I'm super at times.

njMark

Post by njMark »

I stick mostly to trail and XC cycling, the trees don't move or have temper tantrums when I'm not pedaling fast enough. Certainly agree with the dangers for both motorized and pedal powered road riding. Its a shame really, the " I didn't see them" argument is at best a lie, at its worst a quick and convenient excuse for road rage. I have invested in a combination light/video cam that mounts on the seat post for when I do hit the road. If anything it will record the plate of the asshat that runs me off the road.