3DD Fantasy Football league (need one more player!!)

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

littlemamma

Re: 3DD Fantasy Football league

Post by littlemamma »

c'mon Clams, this bandwagon's just achin' to get jumped on!
NSFW

Lew Ashby

Post by Lew Ashby »

Penny Lane wrote:
Lew Ashby wrote:I am in if you will have me! :twisted:

hankmoodydbt99@yahoo.com

Lew!!! Howdy. Haven't seen you on here since the Ramble.

Hey Penny!

Jonicont didn't want me here, hence my absence... :lol:

Just kidding, had to re-register my account. My computer has been acting wacky, so I haven't been able to post. Hope you are doing great!

BTW, Los Lobos at The Bowery Ballroom is going to be a blast. You should be there!

Duke Silver

Post by Duke Silver »

"Lima, OH - Many fantasy football leagues have the "buffer player". That's the guy who doesn't watch football, but his friends invite him to play along. This is done so that the buffer friend ends up dead last, so that nobody else has to. Hence why he's a 'buffer'.

One such buffer player has proven worthy of his title.

Richie Baudi, an unemployed writer, was given a list of players to choose from when he arrived at his friend's house for the draft.

The list was for the 2005 season.

Ever so clueless, Baudi ended up with Priest Holmes (retired), Marvin Harrison (free agent going on three years), Torry Holt (still active, but definitely not a third rounder), and Steve McNair.

Yes, the same Steve McNair who died last year.

Baudi's friends could barely contain their laughter as he proudly announced McNair as his fourth round selection.

"We nearly ruptured our intestines from holding our laughter, and he sensed something was up" said Baudi's "friend" Nicholas Klein. "So he asked "McNair's a good player, right?" and I said "You have my personal guarantee that he won't throw a single interception this year."

Baudi's reign of crap continued, as he acquired the likes of Joe Horn (retired), Brian Westbrook (banged up free agent), and Jake Delhomme (about as useless as the guy who drafted him).

"He mocked us, especially my friend Mikey who picked up Aaron Rodgers in round two, and Richie was like "He's ranked 250 on my sheet! You're so dumb!" Man, Richie's the best. Always good for a laugh."

There's no word on how Nicholas plans to enter the picks onto Yahoo Sports with several players unable to be entered, but he assures us that with Richie's intellect, it shouldn't matter any."

http://couchgroove.webs.com/apps/blog/show/4324069-using-outdated-fantasy-info-clueless-man-drafts-steve-mcnair
ain't no static on the gospel radio

The Black Canary

Post by The Black Canary »

Duke Silver wrote:
"Lima, OH - Many fantasy football leagues have the "buffer player". That's the guy who doesn't watch football, but his friends invite him to play along. This is done so that the buffer friend ends up dead last, so that nobody else has to. Hence why he's a 'buffer'.

Richie Baudi, an unemployed writer, was given a list of players to choose from when he arrived at his friend's house for the draft.

Ever so clueless, Baudi ended up with Priest Holmes (retired), Marvin Harrison (free agent going on three years), Torry Holt (still active, but definitely not a third rounder), and Steve McNair.

Baudi's friends could barely contain their laughter as he proudly announced McNair as his fourth round selection.

"We nearly ruptured our intestines from holding our laughter, and he sensed something was up" said Baudi's "friend" Nicholas Klein. "So he asked "McNair's a good player, right?" and I said "You have my personal guarantee that he won't throw a single interception this year."

Baudi's reign of crap continued, as he acquired the likes of Joe Horn (retired), Brian Westbrook (banged up free agent), and Jake Delhomme (about as useless as the guy who drafted him).

"He mocked us, especially my friend Mikey who picked up Aaron Rodgers in round two, and Richie was like "He's ranked 250 on my sheet! You're so dumb!" Man, Richie's the best. Always good for a laugh."

There's no word on how Nicholas plans to enter the picks onto Yahoo Sports with several players unable to be entered, but he assures us that with Richie's intellect, it shouldn't matter any."

http://couchgroove.webs.com/apps/blog/show/4324069-using-outdated-fantasy-info-clueless-man-drafts-steve-mcnair

are you trying to tell me something???

Duke Silver

Post by Duke Silver »

The Black Canary wrote:
Duke Silver wrote:

are you trying to tell me something???

Haha... nah. I'm usually that guy. Although to my credit I've never drafted a dead man.

The Black Canary

Duke Silver wrote:

are you trying to tell me something???[/quote]

Haha... nah. I'm usually that guy. Although to my credit I've never drafted a dead man.[/quote]

I have PL and about 8 guys in the office to help me plus the 5 guys who live next door to me. So I do not think I should do to bad of a showing, hopefully!!!! ;)

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Duke Silver wrote:
The Black Canary wrote:[

Haha... nah. I'm usually that guy. Although to my credit I've never drafted a dead man.

Whatever works for you, man, but i gotta tell ya, that's one really low bar. :lol: :lol: Now if u manage to avoid drafting someone w/out a felony record or a drug suspension, THAT would be an achievement.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Penny Lane

Post by Penny Lane »

Lew Ashby wrote:
Penny Lane wrote:
Lew Ashby wrote:I am in if you will have me! :twisted:

hankmoodydbt99@yahoo.com

Lew!!! Howdy. Haven't seen you on here since the Ramble.

Hey Penny!

Jonicont didn't want me here, hence my absence... :lol:

Just kidding, had to re-register my account. My computer has been acting wacky, so I haven't been able to post. Hope you are doing great!

BTW, Los Lobos at The Bowery Ballroom is going to be a blast. You should be there!

HMMMM....I'll check. Thanks!
In my blood, there's gasoline..

Duke Silver

Post by Duke Silver »

beantownbubba wrote:
Duke Silver wrote:
The Black Canary wrote:[

Whatever works for you, man, but i gotta tell ya, that's one really low bar. :lol: :lol: Now if u manage to avoid drafting someone w/out a felony record or a drug suspension, THAT would be an achievement.

:lol: That would be a short draft. I don't know, I follow the NFL pretty closely, but I've always sucked at FFB. I draft like a fan and end up with a team full of Packers. I don't WANT to cheer for Adrian Peterson, dammit!

olwiggum
Site Admin

Post by olwiggum »

I draft like a fan and end up with a team full of Packers. I don't WANT to cheer for Adrian Peterson, dammit!

I drafted like a fan for the first year that i played. Maybe 2 years. I tried to do better last year. I was in 3 leagues and one of my teams was more of a "fan" team , just because I wanted to have fun with it. And there are certain people that I can't/won't pick...

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Duke Silver wrote:
beantownbubba wrote:

:lol: That would be a short draft. I don't know, I follow the NFL pretty closely, but I've always sucked at FFB. I draft like a fan and end up with a team full of Packers. I don't WANT to cheer for Adrian Peterson, dammit!

That's one reason i no longer have fantasy teams in any sport.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Cotter

Post by Cotter »

So Duke, what's yer take on Favre??

heh heh....
This is like asking me to dance to the sound of wolves mauling a reindeer.

Duke Silver

Post by Duke Silver »

Cotter wrote:So Duke, what's yer take on Favre??

heh heh....

:twisted:

Always hated that hillbilly, honestly. I was a Lions fan for his entire GB career. He did a nice job keeping the seat warm for A-Rodg, I'll give him that.

Chabby

Post by Chabby »

I'd love to get in again this year if a spot ends up opening up.

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

What's the draft type for the league?

What is the team structure (QB, RB, WR, etc.)?
“Excited people get on daddy’s nerves.” - M. Cooley

olwiggum
Site Admin

Post by olwiggum »

We do a live draft.\
Team structure:
QB
WR
WR
RB
RB
TE
W/R
DEF

I need everyone to either list their email address here or send me a PM with your email address so I can invite you to the league. I deleted everyone from last year. It's early and I didn't feel like matching that list up with the list of people who want to play this year. Also, I would prefer if you create your team name the same as the screenname that you use on this board. It'd just be easier to keep up with who is who. I didn't even feel like shit-talking last year because I couldn't figure out who I was supposed to be talking to on most weeks. :)

I had to enter a draft day to renew the league. I set it for Sept 1st at 6:30 CENTRAL, but I can change that if enough people can't draft at that time.

olwiggum
Site Admin

Re: 3DD Fantasy Football league (registration started)

Post by olwiggum »

I've had a few people contact me with their addresses. If you haven't done so, please do that soon. Don't make me track you down! :)

I've also had a couple of people contact me that wanted a spot. I'll let you guys know if someone decides they don't want their spot for some reason.

Also, if you sent me your address and didn't get an invitation yet (and you already had a spot reserved), let me know. So far, I have sent invitations to everyone that already had a spot and sent their address to me.

Cotter

Post by Cotter »

Hiya Wigs...

I'm out for this year, if a spot was being saved for me, go ahead and hand 'er outto someone else.

I'll have to make a run next year I guess. But I do have a bronze and silver medal from the past 2 seasons on my mantle!! (I made them out of yogurt lids, I'm using blue as bronze, but it's really the back side of the gold medal, so no flipping it around!)

p-

Clams

Post by Clams »

I'm still available to partner up if anyone will have me. Ya'll are really making me look desperate.
If you don't run you rust

Jeremy

Post by Jeremy »

olwiggum wrote:I've had a few people contact me with their addresses. If you haven't done so, please do that soon. Don't make me track you down! :)

I've also had a couple of people contact me that wanted a spot. I'll let you guys know if someone decides they don't want their spot for some reason.

Also, if you sent me your address and didn't get an invitation yet (and you already had a spot reserved), let me know. So far, I have sent invitations to everyone that already had a spot and sent their address to me.

docjay78@gmail.com

Jeremy

Post by Jeremy »

Cotter wrote:Hiya Wigs...

I'm out for this year, if a spot was being saved for me, go ahead and hand 'er outto someone else.

I'll have to make a run next year I guess. But I do have a bronze and silver medal from the past 2 seasons on my mantle!! (I made them out of yogurt lids, I'm using blue as bronze, but it's really the back side of the gold medal, so no flipping it around!)

p-

Think I was 4th last year, maybe. Do have a little trophy i made from the first year when I kicked everybodies ass, oh wait thats just a honey bear bong.

Cotter

Post by Cotter »

LOLOL!!

You put the weed in his pekkr!! LOL

olwiggum
Site Admin

Post by olwiggum »

We only have 5 people signed up so far. What's up?

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/397250

Try going directly to that and getting signed up. If it won't let you, let me know and I'll "invite" you.

Jeremy

Post by Jeremy »

olwiggum wrote:We only have 5 people signed up so far. What's up?

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/397250

Try going directly to that and getting signed up. If it won't let you, let me know and I'll "invite" you.

Can you send me an invite, docjay78@gmail.com

olwiggum
Site Admin

Post by olwiggum »

League ID# 397250
Password: hoodcooley

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/ninebullets

For those of you that haven't signed up, try that info. It will probably be easier than me sending you an invitation. let me know if it doesn't work for some reason. We are currently at 7 members.

The Black Canary

olwiggum wrote:League ID# 397250
Password: hoodcooley

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/ninebullets

For those of you that haven't signed up, try that info. It will probably be easier than me sending you an invitation. let me know if it doesn't work for some reason. We are currently at 7 members.

all registered now, thank you
so what is it like living with your mommy again BWAHAHAHAHAH

Mrs Swamp

Post by Mrs Swamp »

Think I was 4th last year, maybe. Do have a little trophy i made from the first year when I kicked everybodies ass, oh wait thats just a honey bear bong.

very cool... :P
I've heard tales of what goes down there ...

olwiggum
Site Admin

Post by olwiggum »

We have 8 people now. I either sent an invitation or PM to the other 2 people that wanted to play, but I'm ok with only 8 players. There will be better players left in the later rounds of the draft if we only have 8 teams.
But if the other 2 folks still want to sign up, that's cool too. I just don't have a lot of time to go tracking people down. :D

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

olwiggum wrote:We have 8 people now. I either sent an invitation or PM to the other 2 people that wanted to play, but I'm ok with only 8 players. There will be better players left in the later rounds of the draft if we only have 8 teams.
But if the other 2 folks still want to sign up, that's cool too. I just don't have a lot of time to go tracking people down. :D

8 is great!
“Excited people get on daddy’s nerves.” - M. Cooley

Frog Man

Post by Frog Man »

Do still need people? I want to play again. I played last year, my old username was (ADAM) and my team name was Can You Whoop it?. Let me know if there is still room.