The TV thread

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Clams

Re: The TV thread

Post by Clams »

The Wire season 2. Frank and Nicky Sobotka talk in front of the Keys Bridge in Baltimore harbor

If you don't run you rust

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

:cry: :cry:

After thinking about the lost (now presumed dead) road crew, my second thought was for all those longshoremen, or at least The Wire's version of them. I suspect it will be a while before they work again.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

The adaptation of Juan Gomez-Jurado's Red Queen is pretty good (it's in Spanish w/ subtitles). It is always very difficult to translate a book that relies so much on internal thoughts/monologues/processes and which needs to convey how genius works and I think they did a good job w/ that here. But I'm not sure how appealing it will be to those who haven't read the book.

Guilt - An offbeat, short PBS series that was amusing and enjoyable but which ended w/ a whimper. If you liked Dirty Rotten Scoundrels and others of the ilk where everyone is conning everyone else you'll probably enjoy this one.

brettac1

Post by brettac1 »

Have been working my way through this and enjoying it.
Wound up bleeding on the bar floor
We don't bet on the ball no more

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

The Dynasty has gotten a fair amount of negative response around here on the basis that it throws Belichick under the bus and distorts events to make the Krafts look good. I haven't watched [yet?] so can't make any substantive comment.

We kind of tripped over Sugar not knowing anything about it but after three episodes, it's very promising even though we know we're missing at least some of what appear to be encyclopedic references to old noir movies. They definitely have the atmospherics and characters down, it remains to be seen whether the plot holds up.

We also just started the long awaited A Gentleman in Moscow and so far so good. Through 2 episodes it appears to be pretty faithful to the book but we both wondered whether it would make total sense to anyone not familiar with the book. Certainly if you have read and enjoyed it this seems like it will prove to be worthwhile.

brettac1

Post by brettac1 »

Oh yeah they really threw BB under the bus on Hernandez, especially.
Wound up bleeding on the bar floor
We don't bet on the ball no more