The TV thread

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

dime in the gutter

Re: The TV thread

Post by dime in the gutter »

treme is rolling now.

wrekkr

Post by wrekkr »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:
Given to Fly wrote:Anyone watching HBO's The Pacific mini-series? Just finished watching the seventh episode (eight have been shown so far). I had really high hopes for this, but I've been disappointed with it so far.

I think it started slow, but it's gotten better. The eight episode "Iwo Jima" is devastating, and quite the thing.

i thinkn i've them all except the first one.
its ok, episode 4 i did not like the others have been mediocre to pretty good for a couple of them.
i'm gona try and catch this weeks episode tonight, i was too drunk to watch tv last night :mrgreen: :lol:

The Black Canary

Post by The Black Canary »

L&W the original series has me completely bummed. It seems Captain Vanburen's ex gave her HPV and now she has stage 2 ovarian or cervical cancer. I hope they are not going to kill her off the show!!! I really in enjoy her character.

AprilTwister

Post by AprilTwister »

dime in the gutter wrote:treme is rolling now.

we're hooked too.. Loved Goodman's youtube rant last week..
When the singer starts yodellin', you know you're in for a wild night

never going back
Location: You'll never lose your mind as long as your heart always reminds you where you left it.

Post by never going back »

Breaking Bad is NUTS right now. Seeing the Mexican throw himself off the bed and drag himself across the floor was crazy.
Can you hear that singing? Sounds like gold...

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Last episode of The Pacific tonight. So very good, and tough to keep a dry eye.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

Penny Lane

Post by Penny Lane »

so i finally had time this weekend to hit up my DVR-----

i watched 5 episodes of Breaking Bad last night ...holy f!!! "I f-d Ted" floored me!! i'm only up to that episode so i won't read anymore of your posts....what a great show....
In my blood, there's gasoline..

joelle

Post by joelle »

dime in the gutter wrote:treme is rolling now.

i agree completely
the first 2 episodes sucked in my opinion. i was so ready to give up.
wow, me=eating crow
now i have an appointment TV show, sunday night.
i am hooked line and sinker.
big chief is the shit.
AB79 on 'bone is incredible. what solid performances.
even steve zahn is starting to grow on me slowly...
it finally is starting to feel like new orleans

*if anyone is interested, has not watched yet, and wants to check it out,
thursday, HBO is reshowing the first 3 episodes, so you can get caught up.

i really really do not like TV
but there is so much great music, so interesting characters, and a lot of heart to this series.
http://www.hbo.com/treme/index.html

dime in the gutter

Post by dime in the gutter »

^^^^treme is the bomb.

antione batiste was in spike lee's katrina doc a few years back....showed his flooded house. the lady that plays his current wife was also in that movie and i think the missing bros arresting officer is a former nola cop.

CooleyGirl

Post by CooleyGirl »

Anyone else ever catch "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia"? A friend had it on tv while we were in Athens this year. We went back and started with Season One on Netflix and are flying through the episodes. Very funny stuff! What's up with Charlie always wearing the Unicorn shirt?
Jay Gonzalez - the Swiss Army Knife of Musicians - Patterson Hood

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Watching the penultimate episode of LOST right now. I figured out the best thing to do was not to try to figure it out and just enjoy. Can't say I won't miss it. Am I the only one on here still watching this thing?

Flood18

Post by Flood18 »

No im still trying to kick the habit too...

sg207

Post by sg207 »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:Watching the penultimate episode of LOST right now. I figured out the best thing to do was not to try to figure it out and just enjoy. Can't say I won't miss it. Am I the only one on here still watching this thing?

No, I'm with you. I was ready to dump it about half way through last season, but stuck with it because I knew it was ending soon. Thought about it again with the first half of this season, as I thought it was horrible. But the last 6-8 episodes have brought me right back to being the fanatic that I was earlier in the series. Looking forward to the ending, but hate to see it go. I'm still expecting one last big twist.

The finale is on Sunday right? Anybody know what time? Actually, I suppose I could go look it up.

Edit: Looks like Sunday at 7. There is also something Lost related airing on Saturday, but the site didn't show a time, or really what it even is. Probably another clip show or something.
Just put the goddamn record on and enjoy it

dee dee

Post by dee dee »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:Watching the penultimate episode of LOST right now. I figured out the best thing to do was not to try to figure it out and just enjoy. Can't say I won't miss it. Am I the only one on here still watching this thing?

I love it. Looking forward to Sunday like I would a Super Bowl.

Penny Lane

Post by Penny Lane »

CooleyGirl wrote:Anyone else ever catch "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia"? A friend had it on tv while we were in Athens this year. We went back and started with Season One on Netflix and are flying through the episodes. Very funny stuff! What's up with Charlie always wearing the Unicorn shirt?

that's the funniest show on tv although seasons 4 and 5 were NOT as good as 1-3.

can't wait for that also for THE LEAGUE, which is on after it and almost is just as funny...

WILDCARD!

whatwouldcooleydo?

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

Penny Lane wrote:
CooleyGirl wrote:Anyone else ever catch "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia"? A friend had it on tv while we were in Athens this year. We went back and started with Season One on Netflix and are flying through the episodes. Very funny stuff! What's up with Charlie always wearing the Unicorn shirt?

that's the funniest show on tv although seasons 4 and 5 were NOT as good as 1-3.

can't wait for that also for THE LEAGUE, which is on after it and almost is just as funny...

WILDCARD!

agree 100% on The League
Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

Penny Lane

Post by Penny Lane »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:
Penny Lane wrote:

WILDCARD!

agree 100% on The League

TACO :lol: :lol: ...i think that some of the episodes were funnier than Sunny...

Flood18

Post by Flood18 »

Its Always Sunny is by far the best comedy on television right now, IMO. Also a big fan of the league last season as i am pretty big into fantasy football with my college buddies. Just feel like they cant really go to many places with the show, seems like it might just turn into one joke spun a different way every epsiode...hopefully they will prove me wrong.

Steve French

Post by Steve French »

my favourite currently airing comedy is "The Big Bang Theory"

Rock Paper Scissors Lizard Spock.

knock knock - Leonard and Penny

and I am lving Breaking bad and Treme.
I've never taken a pissbreak during a DBT show but if I had it would have been during Dancing Ricky.

Penny Lane

Post by Penny Lane »

Modern Family is sooooo f-in funny. All of it...Especially Ty Burrell.

whatwouldcooleydo?

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

Penny Lane wrote:Modern Family is sooooo f-in funny. All of it...Especially Ty Burrell.

every single character is hilarious and as well-developed as can be expected on a show with a huge cast
Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

brstigerfan

Post by brstigerfan »

Penny Lane wrote:Modern Family is sooooo f-in funny. All of it...Especially Ty Burrell.

every single character is hilarious and as well-developed as can be expected on a show with a huge cast

Manny rules.

The Black Canary

Post by The Black Canary »

Penny, did you catch RHW of NYC last night? OMG Kelly is as fckd-up as I thought she was. She is in desparate need of prozac and a really good therapist!!!!

Clams

Post by Clams »

brstigerfan wrote:

Manny rules.

Love it. Funniest show on TV.
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

Penny Lane

Post by Penny Lane »

The Black Canary wrote:

Penny, did you catch RHW of NYC last night? OMG Kelly is as fckd-up as I thought she was. She is in desparate need of prozac and a really good therapist!!!!

oh gurllllll, i just got off the phone w/my friend about it......cuckoo for cocoa puffs....

brstigerfan

Post by brstigerfan »

Mixed feelings on the Lost finale. There were some brilliant moments. A couple of the "realizations" damn near had me in tears.
There are still major questions though about the damn island, so I'm a little unfulfilled.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

brstigerfan wrote:Mixed feelings on the Lost finale. There were some brilliant moments. A couple of the "realizations" damn near had me in tears.
There are still major questions though about the damn island, so I'm a little unfulfilled.

It wasn't bad, but I'm with you. Particularly what was up with the nuke at the end of season 5? Juliette said "it worked" before dying at the beginning of season 6 but as near as I can tell it had absolutely nothing to do with anything. WTF??!! Oh well can't say it wasn't entertaining.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Zip City wrote:i haven't watched a minute of LOST, but I plan to at some point, so I should probably avoid this thread if the ending is being discussed.

/we really need to add the [spoiler] tag to this board.....it's very useful for threads like this

That's true, if we do that somebody should start a LOST thread again, but rest assured I gave away nothing here.

Penny Lane

Post by Penny Lane »

catching up on Breaking Bad, watched the episode where they destroy the RV....LOVED it.. refreshing my memory about con law and crim procedure when you can search a moving vehicle, IS an RV considered a car or a residence...OMG....i love this show!!

Clams

Post by Clams »

Looking forward to seeing what becomes of Jack Bauer tonight.
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck