The TV thread

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

dee dee

Re: The TV thread

Post by dee dee »

Anybody else checked out HBO's Funny or Die? I discovered about 3 weeks ago and it is becoming my favorite enhanced latenight show.
Last edited by dee dee on Mon May 03, 2010 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

Breaking Bad wowed me
E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

Fool No Where

Post by Fool No Where »

dime in the gutter wrote:a little too much steve zahn for my taste.

I thnk Davis may be the most annoying HBO character since Ray Person in Generation Kill.
Having a broken heart wears you out.

whatwouldcooleydo?

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

Fool No Where wrote:
dime in the gutter wrote:a little too much steve zahn for my taste.

I thnk Davis may be the most annoying HBO character since Ray Person in Generation Kill.

I think any amount of Steve Zahn is too annoying. Can't stand that guy
Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

rlipps

Post by rlipps »

Smitty wrote:Breaking Bad wowed me

Agreed Smitty, went back and watched it again tonight. Can't wait to see what's in store these next couple of episodes.

littlemamma

Post by littlemamma »

leonard and penny
:knock knock:
leonard and penny
leonard and penny!

anyone else?
NSFW

Flood18

Post by Flood18 »

littlemamma wrote:leonard and penny
leonard and penny
leonard and penny!

anyone else?

Oh yeah, got into the show shortly after the first season ended and watch it every week now.

Steve French

Post by Steve French »

leonard and penny
leonard and penny!

anyone else?

I love The Big Bang Theory.

the funniest thing was them playing twenty questions with Sheldon: Wollowicz says "Are you Spock?" first up. Sheldon is always spock.

Oh, and Father Ted. "God I love being a priest" "Wahey we're all going to heaven"

"These are small, but those are far away"

I've never taken a pissbreak during a DBT show but if I had it would have been during Dancing Ricky.

Steve French

Post by Steve French »

and Rock Paper Scissors Lizard Spock

Last edited by Steve French on Tue May 04, 2010 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I've never taken a pissbreak during a DBT show but if I had it would have been during Dancing Ricky.

dime in the gutter

Post by dime in the gutter »

intervention last nite was like a reality episode of birthday boy. dilaudid tweaker from b'ham dancing and tricking for pills. whole family dynamic was like a scence from pizza deliverance.

The Black Canary

Post by The Black Canary »

leonard and penny
leonard and penny!

anyone else?

Love that show!!!!

LuthierJustin

Post by LuthierJustin »

I'm watching Ancient Aliens on the History Channel, This show makes me laugh. :lol:
LJ: 3DD's resident hipster

littlemamma

Post by littlemamma »

dude, that shit is real.
NSFW

lajakesdad

Post by lajakesdad »

dime in the gutter wrote:intervention last nite was like a reality episode of birthday boy. dilaudid tweaker from b'ham dancing and tricking for pills. whole family dynamic was like a scence from pizza deliverance.

I love intervention. The one I saw last night here was dude smokin heroin, crack, weed, doin coke and drinkin a bottle of vodka everyday. His sister and brother recently OD'd within days of eachother. Just brutal shit. I can't stop watching though. Except for the bulimics. That shit grosses me out too much. I have to draw the line. :lol:

whatwouldcooleydo?

lajakesdad wrote:
dime in the gutter wrote:intervention last nite was like a reality episode of birthday boy. dilaudid tweaker from b'ham dancing and tricking for pills. whole family dynamic was like a scence from pizza deliverance.

I love intervention. The one I saw last night here was dude smokin heroin, crack, weed, doin coke and drinkin a bottle of vodka everyday. His sister and brother recently OD'd within days of eachother. Just brutal shit. I can't stop watching though. Except for the bulimics. That shit grosses me out too much. I have to draw the line. :lol:

we just watched that one and it was rough. Love that show in spite of watching folks at their worst. The recent South Park show that took off Intervention was hilarious

littlemamma

Post by littlemamma »

I get good parenting "what not to do's" from Intervention. srsly.
NSFW

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

Brittany? I actually know that girl indirectly - I actually am pretty good friends with one of her exes...
E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

Penny Lane

Post by Penny Lane »

i accidentally fell upon the "16th Man" on ESPN Classic last night...anyone see that? (it's probably old)

the story of NZ All Blacks v SA in the rugby finals w/Nelson Mandela? it was beautiful....i set my DVR so i could watch it again.

Steve French--i had a really good friend from NZ growing up and i had an All Blacks flag hanging in my room .....i thought of you when i watched that.
In my blood, there's gasoline..

Penny Lane

Post by Penny Lane »

lajakesdad wrote:

i love that show, too (like you, can't stomach the bulemic episodes, ever since that girl from a couple seasons ago was SAVING and hiding her vomit in her closet from her boyfriend)

rlipps

Post by rlipps »

Penny Lane wrote:i accidentally fell upon the "16th Man" on ESPN Classic last night...anyone see that? (it's probably old)

the story of NZ All Blacks v SA in the rugby finals w/Nelson Mandela? it was beautiful....i set my DVR so i could watch it again.

Steve French--i had a really good friend from NZ growing up and i had an All Blacks flag hanging in my room .....i thought of you when i watched that.

Actually, last night was the premiere of 16th Man. The whole ESPN 30 for 30 series is the best thing they've done in years, I've recorded all of them so far and find myself watching them even when they concern sports that I have no interest in normally.

Penny Lane

Post by Penny Lane »

it was really moving!!

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Penny Lane wrote:i accidentally fell upon the "16th Man" on ESPN Classic last night...anyone see that? (it's probably old)

There was just (late '09) a "major motion picture" on that subject, starring matt damon and morgan freeman (who else? lol). It's called Invictus and it's pretty good.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Penny Lane

Post by Penny Lane »

beantownbubba wrote:

There was just (late '09) a "major motion picture" on that subject, starring matt damon and morgan freeman (who else? lol). It's called Invictus and it's pretty good.

i thought the story sounded familiar!...

whatwouldcooleydo?

[quote="Penny Lane"

i love that show, too (like you, can't stomach the bulemic episodes, ever since that girl from a couple seasons ago was SAVING and hiding her vomit in her closet from her boyfriend)[/quote]

shit, we still talk about that episode, that was so fucked up

whatwouldcooleydo?

so there was the long-awaited return of the Poncho Goblin (AKA Gimme) in this most recent United States of Tara. Man, so fuckin' creepy, even though the poncho was missing..... and she didn't piss on anything

Fool No Where

Post by Fool No Where »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:and she didn't piss on anything

Loved how they locked in her in the laundry room and told the social worker she was the family dog. The Tara-Lynda thread looks interesting. I think I'm startin to develop a little somethin-somethin for Charmaine. That jorts and tank top look was excentuating all the right places.
Having a broken heart wears you out.

whatwouldcooleydo?

Fool No Where wrote:
whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:and she didn't piss on anything

Loved how they locked in her in the laundry room and told the social worker she was the family dog. The Tara-Lynda thread looks interesting. I think I'm startin to develop a little somethin-somethin for Charmaine. That jorts and tank top look was excentuating all the right places.

Charmaine is good. You gotta love a woman talking baseball, dropping Dotel and Frank White references! I like Kate as well, looking forward to her budding online career :lol:

Given to Fly

Post by Given to Fly »

Anyone watching HBO's The Pacific mini-series? Just finished watching the seventh episode (eight have been shown so far). I had really high hopes for this, but I've been disappointed with it so far.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Given to Fly wrote:Anyone watching HBO's The Pacific mini-series? Just finished watching the seventh episode (eight have been shown so far). I had really high hopes for this, but I've been disappointed with it so far.

I think it started slow, but it's gotten better. The eight episode "Iwo Jima" is devastating, and quite the thing.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

Given to Fly

Post by Given to Fly »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:
Given to Fly wrote:Anyone watching HBO's The Pacific mini-series? Just finished watching the seventh episode (eight have been shown so far). I had really high hopes for this, but I've been disappointed with it so far.

I think it started slow, but it's gotten better. The eight episode "Iwo Jima" is devastating, and quite the thing.

My main complaint was the character development, but it has gotten much better since Sledge arrived