The TV thread

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Smitty

Re: The TV thread

Post by Smitty »

I read a leaked script over two weeks ago but didn't put much stock in it; turns out it was 100% accurate. Kinda killed the episode for me personally, but kudos for them bouncing back from last season's much maligned cliffhanger.

Suck my nuts!
E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

whatwouldcooleydo?

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

damn, last night's Halloween episode of Blackish was so hilarious! That show keeps knocking it out of the park
Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

Beebs

Post by Beebs »

Smitty wrote:I read a leaked script over two weeks ago but didn't put much stock in it; turns out it was 100% accurate. Kinda killed the episode for me personally, but kudos for them bouncing back from last season's much maligned cliffhanger.

Suck my nuts!
I just finished season 6 on Netflix. I planned on waiting to see season 7 the same way but I have serious doubts about being able to avoid cliffhanger spoilers for that long. I may have already been contaminated. I should probably go watch episode 1 at the AMC website while it's running and just get it over with.
Beebs is not a ragey man

ramonz

Post by ramonz »

Don't really watch any tv, but somehow started watching Downton Abbey with my wife a few weeks ago - and out of the blue we're hooked in a huge way. Great fucking show! All day, every day, I am Mr. Bates and she is Anna. "Mr. Bates, must you take out the trash in your underwear?" "Anna, I must."

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

ramonz wrote:Don't really watch any tv, but somehow started watching Downton Abbey with my wife a few weeks ago - and out of the blue we're hooked in a huge way. Great fucking show! All day, every day, I am Mr. Bates and she is Anna. "Mr. Bates, must you take out the trash in your underwear?" "Anna, I must."
Along w/ the son one hopes they'll have, Master Bates, my favorite characters. Warning: IMHO the first 2 seasons are truly excellent but it goes downhill swiftly after that to the point that I had stopped watching completely well before the end. Early enough so that my comment about the Bates heir is not a spoiler in any way and just my own speculation because I have no idea what happened in the show.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

dee dee

Post by dee dee »

I started Rectify a few months ago and can't recommend it highly enough. Beautiful, sad, infuriating, cringe-worthy. Any other fans?

drommel56

Post by drommel56 »

Just started watching "Chance" on Hulu. Good stuff, psychological thriller genre. Hugh Laurie as a forensic neuropsychiatrist. Ethan Suplee in there too. hooked after Ep 1
Last edited by drommel56 on Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I would like to apologize to anybody that I have not offended. Please be patient, I will get to you.

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

dee dee wrote: Beautiful, sad, infuriating, cringe-worthy.
Truth. Great show.
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.

Beebs

Post by Beebs »

Beebs wrote:
Smitty wrote:I read a leaked script over two weeks ago but didn't put much stock in it; turns out it was 100% accurate. Kinda killed the episode for me personally, but kudos for them bouncing back from last season's much maligned cliffhanger.

Suck my nuts!
I just finished season 6 on Netflix. I planned on waiting to see season 7 the same way but I have serious doubts about being able to avoid cliffhanger spoilers for that long. I may have already been contaminated. I should probably go watch episode 1 at the AMC website while it's running and just get it over with.
Annnnnd no warning, in your face spoiler via Dave Chapelle and Saturday Night Live. Thanks guys.

I guess this is just how things are going to be now.

SPOILER WARNING (duh)

Beebs is not a ragey man

whatwouldcooleydo?

Beebs wrote:
Beebs wrote:

Suck my nuts!
Annnnnd no warning, in your face spoiler via Dave Chapelle and Saturday Night Live. Thanks guys.

I guess this is just how things are going to be now.

SPOILER WARNING (duh)

the only person missing from that sketch was Wayne Brady

whatwouldcooleydo?

anyone else watching Westworld? Would love to hear the takes of others

211poundsofpork

Post by 211poundsofpork »

The Curse of Oak Island anyone? Bueller...?

Gang Green

Post by Gang Green »

dee dee wrote:I started Rectify a few months ago and can't recommend it highly enough. Beautiful, sad, infuriating, cringe-worthy. Any other fans?
Shit, sorry I didn't see this sooner. I started watching Rectify last year during the the Mets v Dodgers series to escape the stress of the series. Someone recommended the show to me, and when I saw Ray McKinnon produced it I had to watch. Ray McKinnon is Patterson's buddy to directed the "This Fucking Job" video, he also wrote the the short film which Sink Hole is based on. First Air of Autumn is on the soundtrack as well as Hayes Carll and Lee Baines. But, I love this show, and Clayne Crawford, the guy who plays Teddy is outstanding as is the rest of the cast. The only show I've been keeping up with these days.

dee dee

Post by dee dee »

Gang Green wrote:
dee dee wrote:I started Rectify a few months ago and can't recommend it highly enough. Beautiful, sad, infuriating, cringe-worthy. Any other fans?
Shit, sorry I didn't see this sooner. I started watching Rectify last year during the the Mets v Dodgers series to escape the stress of the series. Someone recommended the show to me, and when I saw Ray McKinnon produced it I had to watch. Ray McKinnon is Patterson's buddy to directed the "This Fucking Job" video, he also wrote the the short film which Sink Hole is based on. First Air of Autumn is on the soundtrack as well as Hayes Carll and Lee Baines. But, I love this show, and Clayne Crawford, the guy who plays Teddy is outstanding as is the rest of the cast. The only show I've been keeping up with these days.
I asked my son in season 2, who he would rather hang out with; Joffery from GOT or Teddy Jr. and it didn't feel like a slam dunk to pick Teddy Jr. What an incredible character arc and performance by Crawford.

Last week's episode was some of the finest tv I have ever seen . I felt emotionally shaken after watching two marriages fall apart, people coming to terms with the past, the death of a lonely old man, not to mention new info about the murder of Hannah Dean. Here is a recent piece from the New Yorker on Rectify.
http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2016/ ... iet-marvel

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

I've only seen the first two seasons, but unless some changes I can't imagine wanting to "hang out" with Teddy Jr. I can't stand him, and I think that's a testament to how great a character and how well acted is.

Gang Green

Post by Gang Green »

Smitty wrote:I've only seen the first two seasons, but unless some changes I can't imagine wanting to "hang out" with Teddy Jr. I can't stand him, and I think that's a testament to how great a character and how well acted is.
Geoffry from GOT is a one dimensional asshole you'd find in a comic book. I enjoyed the character and the actor was outstanding. But, Teddy, Jr is not unlike some assholes I've met in real life. Charming on one hand, but a manipulative scumbag bro on the other hand. But, he has his struggles. Clayne Crawford is killing it in season 4. I'm even tempted to watch Lethal Weapon which now stars in.

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

Been watching Sparticus for a while now. I have really enjoyed it. During the middle of the last season I received my Dexateens album in the mail. Needless to say I watched the last half of the season on mute while cranking TH. It was great! Boys with knives during fight scenes, omg I thought I was gonna spew all over my self.
and that pussy Alec Baldwin blew that girl away, and speaking of pussy Steve got it all!

dee dee

Post by dee dee »

Smitty wrote:I've only seen the first two seasons, but unless some changes I can't imagine wanting to "hang out" with Teddy Jr. I can't stand him, and I think that's a testament to how great a character and how well acted is.
It was more of a "If you had a gun to your head and had to pick one to hang out with which would you choose" type question. More greatness from Rectify last night.

tinnitus photography

Post by tinnitus photography »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:anyone else watching Westworld? Would love to hear the takes of others
i enjoyed it, but it was a bit hard to follow towards the end, time-wise. overall good, though.

whatwouldcooleydo?

tinnitus photography wrote:
whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:anyone else watching Westworld? Would love to hear the takes of others
i enjoyed it, but it was a bit hard to follow towards the end, time-wise. overall good, though.
Agree mostly, though I found it pretty frustrating towards the end. I am of mixed emotions with this show

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

dee dee wrote:
It was more of a "If you had a gun to your head and had to pick one to hang out with which would you choose" type question. More greatness from Rectify last night.
Wow, by the end I understand where you're coming from.

What a fucking show.

Beaverdam

Post by Beaverdam »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:anyone else stick it out to the end of Roadies?

(1) when I go, I am formally stating right now that I want you guys to put in a call to Mitch in New Orleans

(2) Kellyanne in a dress- she cleans up nicely!
I had never watched an episode of roadies till yesterday. My father-in-law had recorded one called The Long Road Home which I enjoyed.

The show told a story of Skynyrd opening for the Stones.

I enjoyed the show, but I don't have showtime and the show's not on Netflix, so I doubt I'll see more.

tinnitus photography

i thought i was recording the new season of Vikings via my DVR, but apparently i've only saved episodes 10-14, and i could only buy the first 5 via Amazon. damnit.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

tinnitus photography wrote:i thought i was recording the new season of Vikings via my DVR, but apparently i've only saved episodes 10-14, and i could only buy the first 5 via Amazon. damnit.
my DVR defaults to only saving 5 episodes unless you tell it to keep all. I've seen early episodes in seasons get wiped because of that before
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

Beaverdamsfinlaw

Post by Beaverdamsfinlaw »

Beaverdam wrote:
whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:anyone else stick it out to the end of Roadies?

(1) when I go, I am formally stating right now that I want you guys to put in a call to Mitch in New Orleans

(2) Kellyanne in a dress- she cleans up nicely!
I had never watched an episode of roadies till yesterday. My father-in-law had recorded one called The Long Road Home which I enjoyed.

The show told a story of Skynyrd opening for the Stones.

I enjoyed the show, but I don't have showtime and the show's not on Netflix, so I doubt I'll see more.
The episode is called all night bus ride it's a story about finding your band.
Just my reflection in my mama's tears

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

A friend had me over to watch that episode. He fast fowarded through everything but the Skynyrd story.(thank you) It was a good story but the guy playing Ronnie just didn't pull it off for me. And them guys avoiding a fight in Japan, give me a break :roll:
I liked the German pilots "hey girlie man" They pulled that off pretty good. Tuesdays Gone at the end and eveybody else there started to cry. It was all I could do not to crack up :lol:
and that pussy Alec Baldwin blew that girl away, and speaking of pussy Steve got it all!

blueridgehiker

Post by blueridgehiker »

Just finished the first season. It's been a long while since I had so much fun watching a tv series! I'm interested to see how season 2 will go. Will they continue the current story or will they pull a True Detective on us?
A girl as plain as a primer coat

tinnitus photography

blueridgehiker wrote:
Just finished the first season. It's been a long while since I had so much fun watching a tv series! I'm interested to see how season 2 will go. Will they continue the current story or will they pull a True Detective on us?
i am surprised to hear that they plan additional seasons. seems like it finished up quite tidy. i enjoyed it.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

tinnitus photography wrote:
blueridgehiker wrote:
i am surprised to hear that they plan additional seasons. seems like it finished up quite tidy. i enjoyed it.
I think they have five seasons planned
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

tinnitus photography

five? jeez.... pump the brakes a bit, Westworld.