The TV thread

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

rlipps

Re: The TV thread

Post by rlipps »

cortez the killer wrote:Image
Playing catch-up. Three episodes deep and really enjoying it.

Had been DVRing this, but hadn't had time to sit down and watch any of them until this past weekend. Started Friday night, and by yesterday evening, had managed to watch all 10 episodes and get caught up. Really enjoying it so far, although it is kinda odd to catch myself rooting for the "bad guys".

LuthierJustin

Post by LuthierJustin »

I know I'm late to the game with this one, but I just started watching Metalocalypse on Netflix. It's cracks me up, Skwisgaar and Toki crack me up.
LJ: 3DD's resident hipster

dime in the gutter

Post by dime in the gutter »

watching now.

jumped the shark season 4.

The Black Canary

Post by The Black Canary »

dime in the gutter wrote:Image
watching now.

jumped the shark season 4.

I am finding this season to me on the meh, side. There have been a few "moments" but it is just turning into more pants down and legs type of episodes. While I do know that the show is based on Drapers' "I grew up in a whore house" and all the endless baggage it carries for him. Starting to find this form of text book psychology a little boring and well knowing what he is going to do next, kind of defeats the purpose of watching, doesn't it :?: .

Though, it was nice to see the Weasel get his, "I will destroy you" good but not great. Unfortnately they had her so one dimensional (IMO) that it is almost too late to give her balls now :(

and is Betty going to shed her white bread and mayonaise persona??? I hope so there is alot they could do with her character, other than just being the "former beauty who go fat"
so what is it like living with your mommy again BWAHAHAHAHAH

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

I've been taping this season of Mad Men but haven't got around to watching any of it. My lack of motivation is, I suppose, an indication of how disappointed i was in last season plus the long break between seasons. No point in watching if it's because I feel like i "have to." We'll see...
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Beebs

Post by Beebs »

I got a bad Battlestar Galactica thing going on.
Beebs is not a ragey man

The Black Canary

Beebs wrote:I got a bad Battlestar Galactica thing going on.

bad=AWESOME!!!!
love Battlestar, even the original with the seriously ill special effects still got it going on!!!

cortez the killer

Post by cortez the killer »

rlipps wrote:

Really enjoying it so far, although it is kinda odd to catch myself rooting for the "bad guys".

Yup. Same situation on this end, too.
You are entitled to your opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts.
- DPM

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

Not sure why I haven't been into this thread more.

About caught up with Game of Thrones. Wife got HBOGO a few weeks ago, and I've been pretty much obsessed with it.

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

Smitty wrote:I love Justified, but its nowhere near Breaking Bad. I been rewatching the last batch of episodes and its smazingly good.

I can't fucking wait for the final run of Breaking Bad. Easily my all-time favorite non-comedic show. Better than The Wire, IMO.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

rlipps wrote:

Had been DVRing this, but hadn't had time to sit down and watch any of them until this past weekend. Started Friday night, and by yesterday evening, had managed to watch all 10 episodes and get caught up. Really enjoying it so far, although it is kinda odd to catch myself rooting for the "bad guys".

If you enjoy having your head spun by rooting for the bad guys, try Dexter. That'll turn your world upside down for sure (but in a totally enjoyable, intriguing way).

cortez the killer

Post by cortez the killer »

beantownbubba wrote:
rlipps wrote:

If you enjoy having your head spun by rooting for the bad guys, try Dexter. That'll turn your world upside down for sure (but in a totally enjoyable, intriguing way).

I've had my eye on that for a while. I liked the lead actor in Six Feet Under quite a bit.
You are entitled to your opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts.
- DPM

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

I recommend Dexter most highly, Cortez. Seasons 1 - 3 are uniformly excellent, season 4 is meh but is redeemed by a fabulous ending, season 5 is clearly past the peak but still very worthwhile and I haven't seen season 6 yet.

Penny Lane

Post by Penny Lane »

I just started The Shield. :D Luv it.
In my blood, there's gasoline..

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

^ Is the Shield on Netflix?
edit: I see it's on Crackle.

Me & the ol' lady just finished season one of The Killing and I was surprised at how good it is. Starting season two tonight.
E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

blackwll

Post by blackwll »

Check out Ray McKinnon's Rectify on Sundance (yuppie network, but worth it). Walt Goggins was supposed to star in it but I guess he got busy with Justified (another cool one name show). Guy gets off death row thanks to a lawyer his sister is schlepping, state tries to get geared up to recharge him despite misgivings as to his guilt, some family members not ready for him to be back, etc. First two episodes were great.

blackwll

Post by blackwll »

Penny Lane wrote:I just started The Shield. :D Luv it.

Just started? Enjoy the ride. It's a doozy. Shane is the man. Watch the last episode and let us know (in a few months, 7 seasons?) what you think. They had some great season-long guest starts later on as well.

blackwll

Post by blackwll »

[/quote][/quote]

Yes. Kerri Russell has come a long way since Felicity (not that I ever watched it, that was my wife, really...). The actress who played Madge on the last season of Justified is good too. These folks are anti-heros if there ever were any, although the real Americans have taken an ugly turn in the last few if you ask me. The character played by the guy who played the scientist who blew up the CDC in ATL in The Walking Dead is great. I think he is fixing to get even more twisted. Any constraints on his behavior are coming off.

blackwll

Post by blackwll »

Iowan wrote:
Smitty wrote:I love Justified, but its nowhere near Breaking Bad. I been rewatching the last batch of episodes and its smazingly good.

I can't fucking wait for the final run of Breaking Bad. Easily my all-time favorite non-comedic show. Better than The Wire, IMO.

McKinnon is working with the Breaking Bad guys on Rectify, FYI.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

blackwll wrote:Check out Ray McKinnon's Rectify on Sundance (yuppie network, but worth it). Walt Goggins was supposed to star in it but I guess he got busy with Justified (another cool one name show). Guy gets off death row thanks to a lawyer his sister is schlepping, state tries to get geared up to recharge him despite misgivings as to his guilt, some family members not ready for him to be back, etc. First two episodes were great.

I think you mean shtupping (or maybe it's schtupping).

Schlepping (or maybe it's shlepping) = to shuffle along, as in carrying heavy bags (baggage) or as when depressed

sactochris

Post by sactochris »

Mad Men is still the best thing on television, even if it's no longer as good as it once was.
Last edited by sactochris on Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keep calm and have a cigar

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Has anyone checked out Ray McKinnon's Rectify yet? We have it on DVR but have yet to watch. Looking forward to it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2183404/
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:Has anyone checked out Ray McKinnon's Rectify yet? We have it on DVR but have yet to watch. Looking forward to it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2183404/

There are 3 or 4 references to Rectify right on this pg, TC (none from me).

The Black Canary

sactochris wrote:Mad Men is still the best thing on television even it's no longer as good as it once was.

rEALLY???

SEE BELOW :lol: :lol:

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

um, no
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

The Black Canary

Zip City wrote:um, no

at least Big Bang has some originality to it, unlike MadMen which is just more of businessmen who can't keep it in their pants, drink too much, treat everyone around them like crappola (to quote Archie Bunker) and will stab each other in the back, just to see who will end up with the most toys. Not too original IMO, wow they should put it on the Soap Opera Channel, which btw I had no idea exsisted until very recently.

rlipps

Post by rlipps »

The Black Canary wrote:
Zip City wrote:um, no

at least Big Bang has some originality to it, unlike MadMen which is just more of businessmen who can't keep it in their pants, drink too much, treat everyone around them like crappola (to quote Archie Bunker) and will stab each other in the back, just to see who will end up with the most toys. Not too original IMO, wow they should put it on the Soap Opera Channel, which btw I had no idea exsisted until very recently.

Alrighty then. On a different note, The Americans was very solid this week, especially after last week's episode, which wasn't awful, but probably my least favorite of the season. This week's penultimate episode set the table for what should be an awesome season finale next week.

oilpiers

Post by oilpiers »

The Black Canary wrote:
sactochris wrote:Mad Men is still the best thing on television even it's no longer as good as it once was.

rEALLY???

SEE BELOW :lol: :lol:

I know some very intelligent women who's favorite show is Big Bang. I see it as just another string of adolescent sex jokes in front of a live audience that will laugh at anything. I will say Sheldon is a good poster child for geeks, and my librarian sister reminds me of him when she is not impersonating Diane Chambers.

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

Nine episodes into the first season of Sons of Anarchy and I'm fuckin' hooked. I hate that it's taken me so long to getting around ot watching it...
E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

dime in the gutter

Post by dime in the gutter »

Smitty wrote:Nine episodes into the first season of Sons of Anarchy and I'm fuckin' hooked. I hate that it's taken me so long to getting around ot watching it...

what's up with jax and his white leather sneakers?