The TV thread

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Penny Lane

Re: The TV thread

Post by Penny Lane »

Gang Green wrote:
Penny Lane wrote:
Gang Green wrote:
You guys are missing the whole point. The bueaty of the show is that Jason Schwartzmann is whiney and pathetic and his stand-offs against John Hodgman (the Daily Show) are classic. Ted Danson, needless to say, is awsome in this show.

oh i get the point of what his character ...i could shake a stick and hit 10 guys like him in NYC...the first line of the entire series.."are you one of those self-hating jews?"...JS: "yeah, i guess so"...bunch of tortured sad sack artists all over here...maybe that's why i can't watch it.. ;)

OBL---BUBBLES!! Never enough Bubs..

Watched the pilot for The New Normal---pretty good

Ouch, I'll never cross you again, Penny. I'm not overwhelmed with tortured sad sack artists here in central PA. Maybe that's why Jason Schwartzmann is a nice change of pace for me. There are some Wire citings in Bored to Death. Herk makes an appearance as an inept criminal. Sort of like the inept police I guess.

as you can see, NYC turned me heartless..

I can never get enough Herk! :D

Instead i put season 4 of Californication in my netflix queue---get some Hank Moody! (another sad tortured artist--but he's funny at least)
In my blood, there's gasoline..

The Black Canary

Post by The Black Canary »

SOA last night??/ fairweather fans :( :(

WOW
so what is it like living with your mommy again BWAHAHAHAHAH

dogstar

Post by dogstar »

Overdosed over the summer on Olympic coverage and been weening myself off it over the last few weeks.

However

DOCTOR WHO is back

the second episode 'Dinosaurs on a Spaceship' was sadly not a sci-fi remake of 'Snakes on a Plane'. Still the stories are pretty good and they seem to have a bit more money to spend on it this season.
"Guitars talk. If you really want to write a song, ask a guitar." Neil Young

sg207

Post by sg207 »

The Black Canary wrote:SOA last night??/ fairweather fans :( :(

WOW

I thought it was fantastic.
Just put the goddamn record on and enjoy it

Duke Silver

Post by Duke Silver »

Attempting to cure the Breaking Bad blues by introducing the wife to the Sopranos. It's been a few years since I've been through it myself--I'd forgotten how good it was right from the beginning. :shock:
ain't no static on the gospel radio

dogstar

Post by dogstar »

Liilehammer started last night over here so going to catch up with that tonight.

beergut

Post by beergut »

Duke Silver wrote:Attempting to cure the Breaking Bad blues by introducing the wife to the Sopranos. It's been a few years since I've been through it myself--I'd forgotten how good it was right from the beginning. :shock:

The fucking ducks. :D
for a few hours, I'm 19 years old and rock and roll is the only thing that matters.

GW in IA

Post by GW in IA »

sg207 wrote:

WOW

Got in too late for the first show, and too tired to make it through the second :oops: Gotta try and find it this week.
Reluctantly, our hero rises to the day, with a moan and a curse to an absent God.

sg207

Post by sg207 »

GW in IA wrote:
sg207 wrote:

WOW

Got in too late for the first show, and too tired to make it through the second :oops: Gotta try and find it this week.

Don't know who you have, but Time Warner in this area has it in their On Demand lineup for free.

The Black Canary

sg207 wrote:

WOW

Loved the part where Clay came to get his stuff, Gema showed up at the house. He gave the "bla bla bla boo whooo whooo" speach and made her cry. Then he just had to be stupid/arrogant enough to touch her and she layed him out flat!!!! :D :D

sg207

Post by sg207 »

The Black Canary wrote:
sg207 wrote:

WOW

Loved the part where Clay came to get his stuff, Gema showed up at the house. He gave the "bla bla bla boo whooo whooo" speach and made her cry. Then he just had to be stupid/arrogant enough to touch her and she layed him out flat!!!! :D :D

That was pretty cool. It's an interesting journey Clay is on. I would have to imagine that at somep point before the series ends, he'll rise again on top, before being brought back down or killed near the end. Just my guess.

It's also ironic, after 4 seasons of seeing big tough Clay, that we're seeing him in this weak condition now.

The Black Canary

sg207 wrote:

WOW

Loved the part where Clay came to get his stuff, Gema showed up at the house. He gave the "bla bla bla boo whooo whooo" speach and made her cry. Then he just had to be stupid/arrogant enough to touch her and she layed him out flat!!!! :D :D[/quote]
That was pretty cool. It's an interesting journey Clay is on. I would have to imagine that at somep point before the series ends, he'll rise again on top, before being brought back down or killed near the end. Just my guess.

It's also ironic, after 4 seasons of seeing big tough Clay, that we're seeing him in this weak condition now.[/quote]
He took a pretty good blast (after my dads lung cancer a few years back) he was the same way. Pride come before a fall big man!!!!

Gema (I might be a little off, as I was getting happy during the show)
"I screwed a rican pimp" Jimmy Smits response "I did an old cracker MLF" GAWD loved it!!! and she did the two lovely ladies on the couch YOU GO GIRL. She was even impressed with herself (loved the look on her face, after he informed her that was all her), after what I am sure is a few years of not tossing the "salad" or being a vaga-terian :lol: :lol:

The acting on the watching his daughter burn to death, alive well yea. I was more upset when one of the kids called to say that they found a home for the last kitten, needless to say crying in Demoulas is never good and well Bear is staying right where he is :lol: :lol:

sg207

Post by sg207 »

The Black Canary wrote:The acting on the watching his daughter burn to death, alive well yea. I was more upset when one of the kids called to say that they found a home for the last kitten, needless to say crying in Demoulas is never good and well Bear is staying right where he is :lol: :lol:

The acting might have been a little odd there, but the thing to remember, is that Tigs is seriously screwed up in the head.

The Black Canary

sg207 wrote:
The Black Canary wrote:The acting on the watching his daughter burn to death, alive well yea. I was more upset when one of the kids called to say that they found a home for the last kitten, needless to say crying in Demoulas is never good and well Bear is staying right where he is :lol: :lol:

The acting might have been a little odd there, but the thing to remember, is that Tigs is seriously screwed up in the head.

True on the screwed up part and he did somewhat re-deem the dad in him, after he killed everyone. But then the way they burned her to death was really fast. Not that I am an expert at burning bodies, but it should have taken somewhat longer. But she was pretty F'd up on something. But then she was a junkie and she probably would have come to an evil end, sorry to say.

OMG Tara gave Gema the UP yours bitch about the kids. But now she is starting to turn into Gema, on an unconscience level as well. the last scene with her shutting off the baby monitor while getting happy...well...

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

couple articles for BB fans..
Will Gus Return?

What Will Happen Next Year?
E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

rlipps

Post by rlipps »

Smitty wrote:couple articles for BB fans..
Will Gus Return?

What Will Happen Next Year?

Thanks, been trying to read everything I can to help the withdrawals, lol

LuthierJustin

Post by LuthierJustin »

Just started watching this lastnight
LJ: 3DD's resident hipster

dogstar

Post by dogstar »

LuthierJustin wrote:Image

We're about four episodes into season 2 over here in the UK. Consistently funny.

Penny Lane

Post by Penny Lane »

dogstar wrote:
LuthierJustin wrote:Image

We're about four episodes into season 2 over here in the UK. Consistently funny.

Season 2 crosses some boundaries even I didn't think Wilfred would cross (lol)..

but I love it..especially his scenes with Bear.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Gang Green wrote:
Tequila Cowboy wrote:I watch very few TV shows anymore and Newsroom is the first one in ages I actually enjoy. I haven't really found much iike since Lost finished. To each his/her own though.

As for HBO, yeah that run was phenomenal. I never really "got" The Wire, I think it was almost too real for my tastes, but Deadwood, The Sopranos and the first couple of seasons of Six Feet Under were amazing. It's hard to imagine them ever getting to that level again. I tried Treme, but much to Lurleen's chagrin it didn't stick with me. I had hopes for Game of Thrones but sadly I think I hate it. Too morally ambiguous for my tastes I think.

Ouch, ouch and more ouch. You're hurting me TC

Ok I've given Game of Thrones another shot. After seven episodes I'm digging it.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

Penny Lane

Post by Penny Lane »

Season 4 of Californication---

does anyone else think the show jumped the shark this season? I really loved the first 3 but am not sold on this..I found Hank to be a likeably frustrating character the first 3, now I just think he's a degenerate scumbag and no amount of cutesy scenes with his daughter can help that. (maybe i'm maturing)..

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

Penny Lane wrote:Season 4 of Californication---

does anyone else think the show jumped the shark this season? I really loved the first 3 but am not sold on this..I found Hank to be a likeably frustrating character the first 3, now I just think he's a degenerate scumbag and no amount of cutesy scenes with his daughter can help that. (maybe i'm maturing)..

Let you know in a week or so. They are nearing the top of my queue.
Just started season 7 streaming of Weeds. Nancy is out of prison.
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.

sg207

Post by sg207 »

More SOA tonight. According to Sutter, somebody is getting it tonight.

The Black Canary

sg207 wrote:More SOA tonight. According to Sutter, somebody is getting it tonight.

we shall see cause the only one that really got anything was Jax, married...

Hopefully things will get back up to pace. Not liking the peisode of "get to know your neighbors bla bla bla, pre-this is/what might happen"

Need some serious ruckus!!!!! Hey but at the very least they now "sort of" hang out in a whore house YEA HA :lol:

sactochris

Post by sactochris »

I thought season 4 was still very good, but then I have a massive crush on Carla Gugino. I'm sure that helped. I also enjoyed all of the footage they shot at the Chateau Marmont which is the place to go in LA when you want to blow $18 on a well drink.
Keep calm and have a cigar

Penny Lane

Post by Penny Lane »

sactochris wrote:

I thought season 4 was still very good, but then I have a massive crush on Carla Gugino. I'm sure that helped. I also enjoyed all of the footage they shot at the Chateau Marmont which is the place to go in LA when you want to blow $18 on a well drink.

ahhh is that where Hank was living? didn't know that..

there's too much naked Runkle, too..

sg207

Post by sg207 »

So...SOA thoughts? Wow!

LuthierJustin

Post by LuthierJustin »

New South Park in 30 minute!
LJ: 3DD's resident hipster

lajakesdad

Post by lajakesdad »

sg207 wrote:So...SOA thoughts? Wow!

That was insane!! I can't believe it was Opie. That scene was brutal. It made my wife physically ill. This season has been nuts. It seems like they are going to kill off the whole cast. I just wish I could keep watching and not have to wait. My favorite show on TV.

Bill in CT

Post by Bill in CT »

An actor from Sons Of Anarchy is a suspect in the death of his landlady. He then fell to his death.
:(
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2 ... urder.html
The closer you get to the meaning
The sooner you'll know that you're dreaming