Pictures of you

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

mgsooner

Re: Pictures of you

Post by mgsooner »

Thanks again everyone. You guys are awesome. We're up to 3 lbs 14 oz. today, regulating our temperature on our own (this means no more "heat lamp"), waking up and looking around more. Maybe 3-4 weeks away from moving out of our plastic "space ship" and into an open air crib.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

mgsooner wrote:Thanks again everyone. You guys are awesome. We're up to 3 lbs 14 oz. today, regulating our temperature on our own (this means no more "heat lamp"), waking up and looking around more. Maybe 3-4 weeks away from moving out of our plastic "space ship" and into an open air crib.

EXCELLENT progress!!! :D Please keep us posted.

In reaction to seeing our first born son w/ his eyes covered w/ some improvised "shades" to protect his eyes from those heat lamps, a friend decided that our son's theme song had to be "The Future's So Bright I Gotta Wear Shades." It helped us a lot thru those early days, it has proven entirely correct and you're welcome to "steal" it. ;)
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

The Black Canary

Post by The Black Canary »

mgsooner wrote:Thanks again everyone. You guys are awesome. We're up to 3 lbs 14 oz. today, regulating our temperature on our own (this means no more "heat lamp"), waking up and looking around more. Maybe 3-4 weeks away from moving out of our plastic "space ship" and into an open air crib.

That is just wonderful news !!!!! Yea Channing you go girl!!!!!
so what is it like living with your mommy again BWAHAHAHAHAH

Clams

Post by Clams »

Alsum! More pics of baby Channing, please.
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

'Scratch

Post by 'Scratch »

Christmas in Iowa.

1100 miles and 20 hours in the car with a 3 year old and a 6 year old. Not too bad considering trout and pheasant await on the other end.

Well, they used to.

But it's good to visit family.

What about the dog?

So despite 18" of snow and 18 degree temps we made an attempt

and did manage to find a few birds.

The dog was game, but I couldn't keep up.

So we tried fishing.

Did I mention it was cold?

As the sun set we drove around talking and listening to polka music.

Lockie hasn't forgiven me.

But the kids had fun.

Happy New Year friends. Here's to good times in 2011.
Not forever, just for now.

Clams

Post by Clams »

nice, Scratch.
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

pearlysnaps

Post by pearlysnaps »

Hey MG, my advice to you is just keep your head up and let things progress. I'm living proof that low-birthweight babies can turn out alright. I was born 2.5 months early and at 4 lbs, 33 years ago when that was very borderline. I was only given a 50/50 chance and they weren't sure if I'd have any developmental issues. Thankfully, my folks lived about 2 hours away from a big, high-tech hospital that had a brand new neonatal ward.

And more closely related, my little brother had very low birth weight triplets last June. And going through all of the NICU stuff you've described was the heaviest stuff I can imagine dealing with. Plus, the doctors were warning of increased risk of this, that, and the other, according to tests. While it does remain to be seen if anything they've warned of will pop up, right now they are normal, happy, healthy babies. It really is amazing what the doctors and nurses can do in these types of scenarios.

So, good luck, buddy.

'Scratch

Post by 'Scratch »

mgsooner, I just had a chance to go back and re-read some of the posts. Know that you'll be in my thoughts. My firstborn spent a week in the NICU and while that's nothing compared to your situation, I was overwhelmed by the love and caring attention the nurses and doctors gave to the little ones in their care. I'm sure your baby is in good hands, but I'll send mojo and prayers just the same. Here's to the day when your little Channing is out of the NICU and growing healthy and strong.

One more thing, I was a month premature in 1969 and had my share of problems those first 6 months. Now I'm a shrek-like 6'3", 250lbs. Not wishing such girth on your little girl, but letting you know that in the long run things work out.

Here's to a Happy New Year with lots of good news and many firsts with your little one/
Last edited by 'Scratch on Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Great pics, scratch!! Thanks for sharing. :)
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

lajakesdad

Post by lajakesdad »

Awesome family Scratch.

'Scratch

Post by 'Scratch »

Thanks guys. I know I'm lucky. My best to you and yours too.

pearlysnaps

Post by pearlysnaps »

fantastic shots, Scratch. Thanks for sharing...

mgsooner

Post by mgsooner »

Hey guys it's been a few days just wanted to thank everyone again for all the kind words. Latest Channing update is that she is now up to 4 lbs 2 oz! Also she had her most recent PT (physical therapist) assessment today and she scored in the "normal" range as far as development for her gestational age. That is very good news. Keeping our fingers crossed for a lot more of it in '11. Hope everyone had a great New Year's

Beebs

Post by Beebs »

mgsooner wrote:Hey guys it's been a few days just wanted to thank everyone again for all the kind words. Latest Channing update is that she is now up to 4 lbs 2 oz! Also she had her most recent PT (physical therapist) assessment today and she scored in the "normal" range as far as development for her gestational age. That is very good news. Keeping our fingers crossed for a lot more of it in '11. Hope everyone had a great New Year's

Nothing like the holidays if your looking to pack on a few pounds! Hang in there and keep the good news coming.
Beebs is not a ragey man

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

mgsooner wrote:Hey guys it's been a few days just wanted to thank everyone again for all the kind words. Latest Channing update is that she is now up to 4 lbs 2 oz! Also she had her most recent PT (physical therapist) assessment today and she scored in the "normal" range as far as development for her gestational age. That is very good news. Keeping our fingers crossed for a lot more of it in '11. Hope everyone had a great New Year's

Glad to hear good news, MG! Keep it coming. You and your wife and daughter are in my thoughts.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

The Black Canary

That is just wonderful news!!! Go Channing Go!!! Children are amazing gifts that are capable of so much!!! and our little Channing is going to show us all how it is done!!!!

WoodDuck

Post by WoodDuck »

Penny Lane wrote:Image

Sorry to bring the crack back, but are those bullets?

:shock:

WoodDuck

Post by WoodDuck »

Duckling. :mrgreen:

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

WoodDuck wrote:
Penny Lane wrote:Image

Sorry to bring the crack back, but are those bullets?

:shock:

9 bullets
“Excited people get on daddy’s nerves.” - M. Cooley

Beebs

Post by Beebs »

WoodDuck wrote:Image

I see London, I see France...
Beebs is not a ragey man

littlemamma

Post by littlemamma »

very cute!

and MG, great news on baby MG!!!!
NSFW

Penny Lane

Post by Penny Lane »

WoodDuck wrote:Image

shaving cream? frosting?
In my blood, there's gasoline..

Penny Lane

Post by Penny Lane »

stalker stalker stalker

In my blood, there's gasoline..

WoodDuck

Post by WoodDuck »

Penny Lane wrote:shaving cream? frosting?

:lol:

Shaving cream. Which is also what Beebs thought was my underpants.

I was in the middle of cleaning up my diaper line.

joelle

Post by joelle »

not me
but
could it be
you?
pictures of who?

just passing it on...
check it out

mgsooner

Post by mgsooner »

Hey guys I haven't checked in here in awhile so I thought I would post a quick Channing update. She is up to 4 lbs, 10 ounces. She's breathing on her own without any oxygen support, she is starting to eat from a bottle (still has feeding tube for now), and she is regulating her temp on her own. She has been doing really well. The next step will be moving to an open air crib, which we hope will happen sometime in the next couple of weeks. Then hopefully the feeding tube will go. One of the nurses told us that she thinks she'll go home before her due date, which was February 21. We are going to have a very busy time over the next 30 days in preparation for her trip home. We are trying to keep ourselves grounded and be cautiously optimistic, but we are hopeful. Hope everyone is well and enjoying the new year!

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

That is great mg, and she is beautiful! I'm so glad everything's working out; I know ya'll got a ways to go, but I got no doubt it'll all be fine. Keep us updated, bro.
E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

The Black Canary

mgsooner wrote:Hey guys I haven't checked in here in awhile so I thought I would post a quick Channing update. She is up to 4 lbs, 10 ounces. She's breathing on her own without any oxygen support, she is starting to eat from a bottle (still has feeding tube for now), and she is regulating her temp on her own. She has been doing really well. The next step will be moving to an open air crib, which we hope will happen sometime in the next couple of weeks. Then hopefully the feeding tube will go. One of the nurses told us that she thinks she'll go home before her due date, which was February 21. We are going to have a very busy time over the next 30 days in preparation for her trip home. We are trying to keep ourselves grounded and be cautiously optimistic, but we are hopeful. Hope everyone is well and enjoying the new year!

OMG YEA, ok everyone do the wave for our lovely little member Channing, that's right you in the back, get off your butt!!!!! This is just wonderful news!!! She is just beautiful!!!! Sending big BC snugly, warm hugs full of love for you Channing!!!!

Lurleen McQueen
Location: the landmass between NOLA and Mobile- it's called Mississippi!

Post by Lurleen McQueen »

Congrats MG and Channing and family! I love her hat - it looks so snuggly and warm. Y'all hang in there.
Consistently holding bullshit up to the light of reason

pearlysnaps

Post by pearlysnaps »

That is just wonderful news, man. What a beautiful baby.