NBA 2015-2016

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Iowan

Re: NBA 2015-2016

Post by Iowan »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:
whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:
Tequila Cowboy wrote:Derrick Rose traded to the Knicks. The question is why would anyone want him?
from the comments section from the Gawker report on this:

Aren’t there laws against transporting corpses across state lines?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

word is that the Knicks also are pursuing Dwight Howard.
I hope they trade Butler to Minnesota now for the 5th pick. Break it down and start all over again. Unfortunately I doubt the dumbasses in charge of the Bulls will do that or if they're even capable of building a team from scratch.
I hate the Bulls organization for systematically fucking Iowa State whenever we get something good, then utterly failing with it.

Hoiberg will be fired within the year, and will look like an idiot for walking out on a job he had for life and was doing exceptionally well at only to fall flat on his face for the first time in his life. And KU will be coasting to their 15th straight Big 12 title as we soldier on as the Cubs of college sports.

I'd love to see Butler in Minneapolis.

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

Also, calling my shot here:

The Thunder win the 2021 NBA championship, lead by Durant. And he'll have two rings from his time by the Bay.

whatwouldcooleydo?

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

The Bulls sign Rondo?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Good luck with that no-defense playin' locker room poison

Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Yeah, I'm pissed he signed with the Bulls. What a mess
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

The Bulls are working really hard to become the dumbest team in pro sports.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

Cubfan06

Post by Cubfan06 »

4sooner wrote:
Zip City wrote:Durant playing the "if you can't beat em' join em'" game

Westbrook counting down the days before he can bolt for LA
He may be. I don't think he'll get the chance to just walk away like KD did. Thunder is at work right now trying to renegotiate/extend Westbrooks contract. If he just won't do that then he'll be traded. Mark it down. I think everyone on the Thunder side really thought KD would sign the 2 yr deal with player option with them. He's free to do what he wants but it was at least a little shitty to wait til today to announce it after all other free agent possibilities had signed elsewhere. I don't believe for a minute his mind wasn't made up by Saturday morning. Plus, the ibaka trade would've never happened if KD hadn't given the thunder some sort of indication that he was for changing the team that way.
I think I'll blame rock nation.
I am sorry for your team. The way that went down was absolutely terrible . The publicity involved with "The Decision," may have garnered greater media scrutiny, however the details involved in Durant's should leave him to be much more scrutinized.

Look, I understand that living in Northern California would be incredible for anyone, especially a well compensated athlete. I understand that it is his personal choice, but this leaves a sour taste in my mouth. The Warriors are already a ready-made super team, who would have won their second consecutive title had Andrew Bogut not gotten hurt. OKC had a 3-1 lead on GSW and for the most part KD again shrunk in the clutch in attempting to shut out games. I am sure KD had an idea that Westbrook would likely be gone after next year, but with trade on draft night to acquire Sabonis, Oladipo, and Ilyasova the Thunder with KD had a really solid shot at righting their wrongs. Why not look towards the Celtics, Spurs, or anyone else if you wanted to change markets? It's a puss move and regardless of whether or not KD wins titles, he will always be a puss in my eyes.

I'm not a Lebron fan, but KD isn't even in his same league with killer instinct. I hope that the media holds him under the same microscope that Lebron is held under. And the chances are obviously very good that GSW will win a title next year, but they are going to lose a ton of bench and supporting help which was one of things that made them so strong. Everybody around the water cooler this morning is speculating as to whether the Warriors will win 75 games or more. I am not sold that this will be a seamless transition. Who defers to who? Their first unit is going to be hard to defend, but there are a lot of shots to go around.

All in all, its a puss move on KD's part.

4sooner

Post by 4sooner »

^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^

Bill in CT

Post by Bill in CT »

"Durant taking the easy road? Not so fast"

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/16764 ... d-not-fast
The closer you get to the meaning
The sooner you'll know that you're dreaming

Cubfan06

Post by Cubfan06 »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:The Bulls are working really hard to become the dumbest team in pro sports.
You and I have both had come to that conclusion a long time ago. I think that the Rondo signing is perfect though. From his days with the Celtics, he has a name with the casual Chicago Meatball fan that signifies winning. Whereas, the more intellectual Bulls fan knows that he will be an utter disaster in the locker room and will help them lose games. His contract will help assist them in remaining above the salary floor, meanwhile they should have a nice lottery pick in what is expected to be a fruitful 2017 draft.

Although Gar Foreman believes that they acquired Brook Lopez (since he continues to call him Brook), the Robin Lopez component to the Derrick Rose deal actually looks like it was a fairly astute prognostication in forecasting how much starting big men would get in the upcoming free agency. $13 million cost controlled years shouldn't hinder them in their efforts to rebuild, with the contracts that Noah, Howard, Mosgev, and others were able to achieve on the open market. I shouldn't give Gar/Pax credit for that, as that was probably an unintended result of two awful managed organizations Bulls/Knicks doing business.

Sadly, the Chicago Bulls will not be a destination to go to next free agency while they will have the ability to sign 2 more max players, while putting other solid pieces around them. I don't have any confidence in Paxson/Reinsdorf/Foreman to do the right thing. I hope they will at least realize that they need to be picking high in the draft for about 3-4 years in a row to even have the chance to call themselves a contender.

I'd be on the phone today with any of the contenders who missed out on the Durant sweepstakes in an effort to send Jimmy Butler's cost controlled (highly valuable) contract , back in a package which could benefit the Bulls gearing towards the future. I wouldn't settle for anything, but a substantial ransom, but the Bulls should be able to get a ton back. Especially given what free agents players are currently getting on the market. Doesn't Boston have the right to swap first round picks with the Nets next year? I think that would be the first call I would make.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Cubfan06 wrote:
Tequila Cowboy wrote:The Bulls are working really hard to become the dumbest team in pro sports.
You and I have both had come to that conclusion a long time ago. I think that the Rondo signing is perfect though. From his days with the Celtics, he has a name with the casual Chicago Meatball fan that signifies winning. Whereas, the more intellectual Bulls fan knows that he will be an utter disaster in the locker room and will help them lose games. His contract will help assist them in remaining above the salary floor, meanwhile they should have a nice lottery pick in what is expected to be a fruitful 2017 draft.

Although Gar Foreman believes that they acquired Brook Lopez (since he continues to call him Brook), the Robin Lopez component to the Derrick Rose deal actually looks like it was a fairly astute prognostication in forecasting how much starting big men would get in the upcoming free agency. $13 million cost controlled years shouldn't hinder them in their efforts to rebuild, with the contracts that Noah, Howard, Mosgev, and others were able to achieve on the open market. I shouldn't give Gar/Pax credit for that, as that was probably an unintended result of two awful managed organizations Bulls/Knicks doing business.

Sadly, the Chicago Bulls will not be a destination to go to next free agency while they will have the ability to sign 2 more max players, while putting other solid pieces around them. I don't have any confidence in Paxson/Reinsdorf/Foreman to do the right thing. I hope they will at least realize that they need to be picking high in the draft for about 3-4 years in a row to even have the chance to call themselves a contender.

I'd be on the phone today with any of the contenders who missed out on the Durant sweepstakes in an effort to send Jimmy Butler's cost controlled (highly valuable) contract , back in a package which could benefit the Bulls gearing towards the future. I wouldn't settle for anything, but a substantial ransom, but the Bulls should be able to get a ton back. Especially given what free agents players are currently getting on the market. Doesn't Boston have the right to swap first round picks with the Nets next year? I think that would be the first call I would make.
Agreed but I think the real issue is that these guys don't get the modern game of basketball from almost any angle. They don't get that it's a players league with the agents on the front line, they don't get that simply trying to be an offensive team isn't going to get you anywhere without innovation and knowing your talent, they don't get that Jimmy Butler is a tool that has no intention of listening to Fred Hoiberg, they don't truly understand the role of a modern big and lastly they don't know enough about PR to cover up their deficiencies to the fans. It's a clown show.

whatwouldcooleydo?

Cubfan06 wrote:I am not sold that this will be a seamless transition. Who defers to who? Their first unit is going to be hard to defend, but there are a lot of shots to go around.
As a Warriors fan, I agree. While of course I am glad Durant is coming, there are no guarantees of anything. Only one ball to go around. And as was mentioned above, can't see them having the quality depth they had the past two seasons. Needless to say this is the kind of problem to have, but don't start sizing rings yet.

rlipps

Post by rlipps »

D-Wade to the Bulls according to multiple reports. They are challenging the Knicks for best team...if it were 2011.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Wade signs with Bulls. Calderon traded to Lakers, Dunleavy to Cavs to free space.

2008 me is ecstatic

whatwouldcooleydo?

adding to the wayback machine theme are the reports that Ray Allen is looking to return to the league. Have heard Warriors, Cavs, Spurs, and Clippers. Not sure the Warriors need anymore snipers, especially one who has been away for two years, even if it is Ray Allen

whatwouldcooleydo?

Zip City wrote:Wade signs with Bulls. Calderon traded to Lakers, Dunleavy to Cavs to free space.

2008 me is ecstatic
I had forgotten that Dunleavy was still in the league

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

rlipps wrote:D-Wade to the Bulls according to multiple reports. They are challenging the Knicks for best team...if it were 2011.
the Bulls are a complete embarrassment. By signing Wade and Rondo they have probably assured themselves of staying out of the lottery and continue to have zero chance at a championship. I have burning sports hatred for that organization.

whatwouldcooleydo?

Sincere, non-snarky question: how much does Wade have left to give at this point?

Cubfan06

Post by Cubfan06 »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:
rlipps wrote:D-Wade to the Bulls according to multiple reports. They are challenging the Knicks for best team...if it were 2011.
the Bulls are a complete embarrassment. By signing Wade and Rondo they have probably assured themselves of staying out of the lottery and continue to have zero chance at a championship. I have burning sports hatred for that organization.
I'll watch when Blackhawks are not on, because that is what I do. There really isn't anything better to do in Chicago in the winter except eat, drink, and watch sports. I guess it will at the very least be more entertaining to watch, but what a stalemate towards possible progress.

Just a couple thoughts
1) It doesn't take a genius to know that this is the wrong coach for this team stylistically. Their back court and wing is a complete contrast of the way the reason why Hoiberg supposedly wants to transition his system to. And also how is he supposed to command the respect of Rondo, Wade, and Butler when their playing styles don't mesh with his offensive spacing scheme.
2) The moves are such a chicken shit way of self-preservation for Gar Foreman and John Paxson. In the NBA you either need to shit or get off the pot. Purgatory is the worst place to live.
3) Classic Jerry Reinsdorf owned team. To get a future Hall of Fame player past his prime to put butts in the seats. I've seen in done with the South Side baseball team for years. It might be worse than McCaskey's owning the Bears.

I'll pop the popcorn and watch the entertainment unfold. Mediocrity at its best.

whatwouldcooleydo?

Cubfan06 wrote:
Tequila Cowboy wrote:
I'll watch when Blackhawks are not on, because that is what I do. There really isn't anything better to do in Chicago in the winter except eat, drink, and watch sports. I guess it will at the very least be more entertaining to watch, but what a stalemate towards possible progress.

Just a couple thoughts
1) It doesn't take a genius to know that this is the wrong coach for this team stylistically. Their back court and wing is a complete contrast of the way the reason why Hoiberg supposedly wants to transition his system to. And also how is he supposed to command the respect of Rondo, Wade, and Butler when their playing styles don't mesh with his offensive spacing scheme.
2) The moves are such a chicken shit way of self-preservation for Gar Foreman and John Paxson. In the NBA you either need to shit or get off the pot. Purgatory is the worst place to live.
3) Classic Jerry Reinsdorf owned team. To get a future Hall of Fame player past his prime to put butts in the seats. I've seen in done with the South Side baseball team for years. It might be worse than McCaskey's owning the Bears.

I'll pop the popcorn and watch the entertainment unfold. Mediocrity at its best.
perhaps it's just part of the deal for you guys getting the modern version of the '27 Yankees :lol:

whatwouldcooleydo?

RIP Big Nate Thurmond :( :( :(

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

And so it begins again. It's going to be a long slog until we the rubber match in the finals.
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.

whatwouldcooleydo?

damn, Craig Sager died :( :( :(

fuck you, cancer, and motherfuck you 2016 :x :x :x

whatwouldcooleydo?

4sooner

Post by 4sooner »

Durant and the warriors have officially taken up residence in Russ' head.

whatwouldcooleydo?

nice week so far for the Warriors

GS 126 Cleveland 91
GS 121 OKC 100
GS 125 Houston 108

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:nice week so far for the Warriors

GS 126 Cleveland 91
GS 121 OKC 100
GS 125 Houston 108
You're right, the NBA IS boring

whatwouldcooleydo?

Zip City wrote:
whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:nice week so far for the Warriors

GS 126 Cleveland 91
GS 121 OKC 100
GS 125 Houston 108
You're right, the NBA IS boring
thanks for the insight

jr29

Post by jr29 »

I went to my first Grizz game of the year tonight and it was a good one. We saw a great home win against the Spurs. (3/4 full crowd on a Monday night in Memphis)

whatwouldcooleydo?

jr29 wrote:I went to my first Grizz game of the year tonight and it was a good one. We saw a great home win against the Spurs. (3/4 full crowd on a Monday night in Memphis)
Legit (no snark question): Is 3/4 full for the Spurs a good draw there, even for a Monday? The Spurs seems like a gimme sellout

jr29

Post by jr29 »

jr29 wrote:I went to my first Grizz game of the year tonight and it was a good one. We saw a great home win against the Spurs. (3/4 full crowd on a Monday night in Memphis)
Legit (no snark question): Is 3/4 full for the Spurs a good draw there, even for a Monday? The Spurs seems like a gimme sellout
It was probably a little more than 3/4 full, actually. There was a chance of severe weather which may have kept some people in and an 8:40 tip on a school night didn't help things.
I should have mentioned the start time in my initial post because I figured that would hurt more than it did. 3/4 or a little under is probably average for a weeknight.