NBA 2015-2016

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Zip City

Re: NBA 2014-2015

Post by Zip City »

Well, that was quite a statement by the Bulls. Biggest margin of victory in playoff history?
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Zip City wrote:Well, that was quite a statement by the Bulls. Biggest margin of victory in playoff history?
Saw the score and literally didn't believe it. Had to check it on a second source, lol. Judging only by the score I've got to suspect they're ready for Cleveland. I'm not saying they'll win or lose, just that they appear ready and no worse for wear.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

beantownbubba wrote:
Zip City wrote:Well, that was quite a statement by the Bulls. Biggest margin of victory in playoff history?
Saw the score and literally didn't believe it. Had to check it on a second source, lol. Judging only by the score I've got to suspect they're ready for Cleveland. I'm not saying they'll win or lose, just that they appear ready and no worse for wear.
See to me that score was troublesome and pisses me off. It says to me that they weren't trying or focused or whatever for two fucking games. Lose focus against LeBron and he'll squash them like bugs.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

sg207

Post by sg207 »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:
beantownbubba wrote:
See to me that score was troublesome and pisses me off. It says to me that they weren't trying or focused or whatever for two fucking games. Lose focus against LeBron and he'll squash them like bugs.
Have you ever considered that maybe you would be happier if you didn't follow sports?
Just put the goddamn record on and enjoy it

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

I'm a pretty happy guy generally. Sports are where I can let out some frustration and once in a while get a little pleasure. Isn't that what they're for?

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:I'm a pretty happy guy generally. Sports are where I can let out some frustration and once in a while get a little pleasure. Isn't that what they're for?
Apparently the Jeopardy question to the answer "letting out some frustration and once in a while get[ting] a little pleasure" is "what are sports and hookers?"

sg207

Post by sg207 »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:I'm a pretty happy guy generally. Sports are where I can let out some frustration and once in a while get a little pleasure. Isn't that what they're for?
Absolutely, just seems it's about 99% frustration for you. Of course, I was probably close to that when I was younger and followed things much closer. Although I didn't change because of age, just having kids took up that time I suppose.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

I've never thought of sports as a means of blowing off steam.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Zip City wrote:I've never thought of sports as a means of blowing off steam.
So you mean you don't shake your fist, scream at the TV and occasionally throw things while watching sports? ;)

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:
Zip City wrote:I've never thought of sports as a means of blowing off steam.
So you mean you don't shake your fist, scream at the TV and occasionally throw things while watching sports? ;)
Rarely, not regularly

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

I do much less of it nowadays truth be told. My wife nips it in the bud and it scares the dogs. I might have to avoid Bulls-Cleveland :D some.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

I certainly get aggravated by games (Penn State football mostly), but getting frustrated is not WHY I watch. I d far prefer all of my teams to go undefeated and win every game in a stress-free manner

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

The Spurs-Clippers series was absolutely epic. I haven't enjoyed watching NBA basketball that much in a long time. One of those "too bad somebody had to lose" things for sure. Paul's game winner was incredible, which made me feel a bit better about the terrible foul call in his favor shortly before that.

The respect that the teams have for each other was obvious after the game and that was nice to see, too.

sg207

Post by sg207 »

beantownbubba wrote:The Spurs-Clippers series was absolutely epic. I haven't enjoyed watching NBA basketball that much in a long time. One of those "too bad somebody had to lose" things for sure. Paul's game winner was incredible, which made me feel a bit better about the terrible foul call in his favor shortly before that.

The respect that the teams have for each other was obvious after the game and that was nice to see, too.
That was a fantastic series. I'm disappointed that the Spurs aren't moving on, but I think a hobbled Parker would have prevented the Spurs from winning it all anyway. Who knows how the team will look next year? I would assume at least Manu won't be back, but you never know.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Bulls rock solid in a game 1 victory

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

The Warriors were just awful last nite. Like a different team entirely.

OTOH, Mike Conley's performance was the stuff legends are made of.

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

beantownbubba wrote:The Warriors were just awful last nite. Like a different team entirely.

OTOH, Mike Conley's performance was the stuff legends are made of.
Agree on both counts. The Warriors are always loose with the ball, and turnovers
can be their Achilles heel. When you combine with poor shooting, I'm surprised the game
wasn't a blow out.
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

A banked 3 pointer??!! Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good. Or maybe luck is the residue of design. Either way an incredible end to an exciting game.

jr29

Post by jr29 »

Awesome win for the Grizz tonight.
Steph Curry air balled a wide open three. For one reason or another he is shaken up.

Slipkid42

Post by Slipkid42 »

Pierce banks in a fadeaway dagger to deny the Hawks an epic comeback. Wiz go up 2-1. That was fun.
A thousand clusterfucks will not kill my tiny light

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

It's time to reinstitute playground rules: Bank shots don't count unless you call 'em. :lol: :lol: Some insane stuff going on in NBA land.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Hawks - Wizards: What a horrible game. I'm sure it was exciting for those w/ a rooting interest but my goodness that was some seriously bad basketball (w/ the arguable exception of Horford and perhaps Wall early - I only saw the 2nd half). Hard to believe that was a playoff game.

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

beantownbubba wrote:Hawks - Wizards: What a horrible game. I'm sure it was exciting for those w/ a rooting interest but my goodness that was some seriously bad basketball (w/ the arguable exception of Horford and perhaps Wall early - I only saw the 2nd half). Hard to believe that was a playoff game.
Bad basketball, yes, but it was close all the way, and a game that really mattered.
They can't all be as fun and beautiful as the Warriors when they get untracked.
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

So the Thibodeau era comes to a close with barely a whimper. Their window for a championship is probably closed now with Noah making a lot of money despite looking done and the Rose contract strangling them, but despite that if John Paxson had any balls he would come down and coach the team himself next season.

whatwouldcooleydo?

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

we all knew Steph Curry had mad range but, damn, 65 feet, that's just showin' off
Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

jr29

Post by jr29 »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:we all knew Steph Curry had mad range but, damn, 65 feet, that's just showin' off
I do not blame losses on referees, but the no call leading up to that shot was atrocious.
The Warriors won because they hit 3's like they are playing NBA Jam in 1994. I actually like all of them except Draymond Green.
Great season for the Grizz.

whatwouldcooleydo?

I think Josh Smith of the Rockets was separated at birth from Method Man

Warriors going berserker at the moment, up 14 with 8 minutes left in 2nd

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:I think Josh Smith of the Rockets was separated at birth from Method Man

Needless to say, it was an NBA game so the 2nd quarter had nothing to do w/ the outcome. The last play reminded me of Lebron James before he became LEBRON JAMES: It was understandable that Harden passed the ball but it was still the wrong move and by the time the absolutely scared, "oh no, not me" teammate (didn't see who it was) passed the ball back, it was too late for harden to do anything. THE GUY takes the last shot, period.

Two exciting games, anyway. And as the announcers kept gushing, it's really cool when the best players play at their best in the biggest games.

whatwouldcooleydo?

beantownbubba wrote:
whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:I think Josh Smith of the Rockets was separated at birth from Method Man

Needless to say, it was an NBA game so the 2nd quarter had nothing to do w/ the outcome.
precisely why we took the opportunity at that time to watch the final Letterman and then return to the game..... and when we did it was a 3-point game and a thriller up to the end :D

gotta wonder how Mark Jackson really feels about calling these Warrior games

brstigerfan

Post by brstigerfan »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:
beantownbubba wrote:

Needless to say, it was an NBA game so the 2nd quarter had nothing to do w/ the outcome.
precisely why we took the opportunity at that time to watch the final Letterman and then return to the game..... and when we did it was a 3-point game and a thriller up to the end :D

gotta wonder how Mark Jackson really feels about calling these Warrior games
Listening to him, it sounds obvious he wants the Rockets to win. I have no dog in the fight, but he seems extra excited when the Rockets are playing well.