Snipe Hunting

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

UTHeathen

Snipe Hunting

Post by UTHeathen »

A colleague of mine is taking her sons out camping for the first time this weekend. I asked her if she was going to take her sons snipe hunting. She had never heard of such a thing. When I asked the guys in the office if they had been snipe hunting I got a very similar snickering response. I, of course, went on my first snipe hunt at boy scout camp when I was 12. I never did catch one, but I was told it was because I wasn't calling them in correctly. Has anyone here had any success hunting the elusive snipe? If so, what techniques have been the most successful for you? I would love to pass on any pointers so that my friend has the most successful hunt possible.

Swamp

Re: Snipe Hunting

Post by Swamp »

:lol:
and that pussy Alec Baldwin blew that girl away, and speaking of pussy Steve got it all!

Flea

Post by Flea »

I understand they are attracted to a marijuana haze. Maybe she should hot-box the tent while they are beating the bushes.
Now it's dark.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

tinnitus photography

Post by tinnitus photography »

caught it w/ my bare hands

UTHeathen

Post by UTHeathen »

tinnitus photography wrote: tinnitus
tinnitus photography wrote:caught it w/ my bare hands

Woah Tinnitus, that is a handsome snipe right there. NIce work. Must have been tricky to get so close in the daylight.

'Scratch

Post by 'Scratch »

The snipe hunters I know prefer lightweight 20 gauges with 7.5 shot, wading boots and a good retriever.

Fun fact - the term "sniper" is a reference to the skill and ability of dedicated snipe hunters who can actually hit those crazy flying mudbats.
Not forever, just for now.