college football 2014/2015/2016/2017/2018/2019

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Iowan

Re: college football 2014/2015/2016/2017

Post by Iowan »

4sooner wrote:Baker mayfield yesterday in Lincoln Rileys head coaching debut.
Played first half only. 19/20, 329 yds, 3 td's
Hope Ohio St plays next week like they did in first half of Indiana game. Doubt the Sooners can handle em for 4 quarters defensively but hey, that's why they play the game.
BOOMER
I'll be rooting for ya next weekend.

If we get past Iowa next, there's a very real chance we come into Norman at 4-0.

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

Lol Aggy

Mr. B

Post by Mr. B »

Iowan wrote:Lol Aggy
Incredible.

Sterling Bigmouth

Post by Sterling Bigmouth »

I my teams playing Monday night games, but with the Vols being the featured game I guess maybe the rest of the country can tune in to week 1 of what is hopefully Butch Jones’ final season :D
Turn it up to 10 and rip off the knob

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

My new favorite team: Howard.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

beantownbubba wrote:My new favorite team: Howard.
That was awesome. So was Baylor losing to something called Liberty.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Iowan wrote:
I'm thinking that Baylor playing and losing to some fundamentalist college is somewhere on the scale of divine retribution. :)

whatwouldcooleydo?

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

beantownbubba wrote:
Iowan wrote:
I'm thinking that Baylor playing and losing to some fundamentalist college is somewhere on the scale of divine retribution. :)
Proof there is no benevolent higher being: Baylor & Liberty (AKA Falwell State) played and none of the following happened- release of the Kraken; massive hole sucking stadium with both teams, fanbases, and campuses into the nether region; every biblical plague; 24/7/365 playing of Dave Matthews; 666 meteors hitting stadium; Kaaba stone magically appearing at midfield......

you get the picture
Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

Beat Iowa.

whatwouldcooleydo?

There was a Malachi Crunch reference in the broadcast of Clemson/Auburn, fuckin' awesome. Let the pigeons loose :lol: :lol: :lol:

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

Montana made a mistake & sent the Lady Grizzlies to Seattle yesterday. :D PS: no offense to anyone. Something about saying "Lady Grizzlies" just tickles my funny bone. & that's how Montana refers to their women sports teams. Game was an ugly example of how dysfunctional the scheduling in college football is. To be fair was scheduled before the current coach/AD were on the job. UW not only culprits by far. What was up with Alabama playing Fresno State for instance?

Sterling Bigmouth

Great times were had in Knoxville this weekend, but unfortunately the Indiana State-UT game was a slog to sit through. SEC Network and its 10 million TV timeouts per game have absolutely killed those awful games where a major power beats an FCS school by 30+ points.

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

Man what a game. I love our defense and if our offensive line can just block a little bit to give us more consistent success on the ground it will take a lot of pressure off of Jake Fromm. Still, very proud of him. Had to make his first ever start as a true freshman at Notre Dame. Go Dawgs!
A single shot rifle and a one eyed dog.

Clams

Post by Clams »

Cole Younger wrote:Man what a game. I love our defense and if our offensive line can just block a little bit to give us more consistent success on the ground it will take a lot of pressure off of Jake Fromm. Still, very proud of him. Had to make his first ever start as a true freshman at Notre Dame. Go Dawgs!
Loved seeing your dawgs take it to notre dame in South Bend. Same goes for Oklahoma beating OSU in Columbus.
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

Clams wrote:
Cole Younger wrote:Man what a game. I love our defense and if our offensive line can just block a little bit to give us more consistent success on the ground it will take a lot of pressure off of Jake Fromm. Still, very proud of him. Had to make his first ever start as a true freshman at Notre Dame. Go Dawgs!
Loved seeing your dawgs take it to notre dame in South Bend. Same goes for Oklahoma beating OSU in Columbus.
Thanks buddy. Oh man when I saw the score alert for Oklahoma and Ohio State that put a smile on my face too. Any time Corch Irvin Meyahs loses I'm happy.
Last edited by Cole Younger on Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

Iowan wrote:Beat Iowa.
Sorry, bud. What a gut punch.
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

LBRod wrote:
Iowan wrote:Beat Iowa.
Sorry, bud. What a gut punch.
I'm immune at this point.

4th blown 4th quarter lead since the start of last year. Plus a lifetime of Iowa Stating.

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

Baker Mayfield planting the flag at midfield will be the image of this season. That was the biggest statement win I've seen in awhile.

I tried staying up for Washington State/Boise (huge Mike Leach fan), but one too many hits of the vape pen had me snoozing by 2nd OT.

whatwouldcooleydo?

Iowan wrote:I tried staying up for Washington State/Boise (huge Mike Leach fan), but one too many hits of the vape pen had me snoozing by 2nd OT.
I live in the same time zone as Pullman and that game was still late as fuck :lol: I had DVRed boxing on HBO and was dying to get to it, but once I had invested in the end of regulation and OT I was committed

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

chuckrh wrote:Montana made a mistake & sent the Lady Grizzlies to Seattle yesterday. :D PS: no offense to anyone. Something about saying "Lady Grizzlies" just tickles my funny bone. & that's how Montana refers to their women sports teams. Game was an ugly example of how dysfunctional the scheduling in college football is. To be fair was scheduled before the current coach/AD were on the job. UW not only culprits by far. What was up with Alabama playing Fresno State for instance?
M-O-N-E-Y. And I know you're not surprised by that. Smaller schools take a big pay day to be the designated punching bag and, ahem, "to gain exposure."

Occasionally it will be a legit effort by a school trying to upgrade it's program but usually it's the cash.

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:
Iowan wrote:I tried staying up for Washington State/Boise (huge Mike Leach fan), but one too many hits of the vape pen had me snoozing by 2nd OT.
I live in the same time zone as Pullman and that game was still late as fuck :lol: I had DVRed boxing on HBO and was dying to get to it, but once I had invested in the end of regulation and OT I was committed
Don't you hate when that happens? I remember being in Athens for UGA/Kentucky in 2005. After going to the game, which was a 12:30 kickoff and then eating supper and hitting some bars downtown, we got back to our room and USC and Fresno State were about to kickoff. I can't remember what the start time was or how late they finished but both were late. Once I was in though there was no getting out.

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

Iowan wrote:Baker Mayfield planting the flag at midfield will be the image of this season. That was the biggest statement win I've seen in awhile.

I tried staying up for Washington State/Boise (huge Mike Leach fan), but one too many hits of the vape pen had me snoozing by 2nd OT.
Have you seen where somebody talked him into apologizing for it? :roll: I'm serious. A college kid was asked to apologize for planting a flag representing his school after a football game. Corch Irvin Meyahs cried about it as did Herbstriet so Mayfield apologized. He shouldn't have. Aside from the fact that he did nothing wrong, he's a kid and it's a freaking gfootball game, Herbstriet ran his mouth during a promotional spot for the game last week saying, "I wonder what it was like for the Oklahoma players seeing OSU players sing their fight song on OU's field. I bet that hurt.". Now he's crying. That dude is such a freaking homer. I wish Mayfield had planted that flag in Corch's ass. What a jackass that guy is.

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

Cole Younger wrote:
Iowan wrote:Baker Mayfield planting the flag at midfield will be the image of this season. That was the biggest statement win I've seen in awhile.

Have you seen where somebody talked him into apologizing for it? :roll: I'm serious. A college kid was asked to apologize for planting a flag representing his school after a football game. Corch Irvin Meyahs cried about it as did Herbstriet so Mayfield apologized. He shouldn't have. Aside from the fact that he did nothing wrong, he's a kid and it's a freaking gfootball game, Herbstriet ran his mouth during a promotional spot for the game last week saying, "I wonder what it was like for the Oklahoma players seeing OSU players sing their fight song on OU's field. I bet that hurt.". Now he's crying. That dude is such a freaking homer. I wish Mayfield had planted that flag in Corch's ass. What a jackass that guy is.

Bill in CT

Post by Bill in CT »

Boise State gave Washington State a very tough game in Pullman on Saturday night. Boise State is in Fresno State's conference. Fresno State visits Washington on Saturday. Not one team from a power conference plays all their games against power conference schools and it is unreasonable to expect them to do so.
The closer you get to the meaning
The sooner you'll know that you're dreaming

cortez the killer

Post by cortez the killer »

beantownbubba wrote:
chuckrh wrote:Montana made a mistake & sent the Lady Grizzlies to Seattle yesterday. :D PS: no offense to anyone. Something about saying "Lady Grizzlies" just tickles my funny bone. & that's how Montana refers to their women sports teams. Game was an ugly example of how dysfunctional the scheduling in college football is. To be fair was scheduled before the current coach/AD were on the job. UW not only culprits by far. What was up with Alabama playing Fresno State for instance?
M-O-N-E-Y. And I know you're not surprised by that. Smaller schools take a big pay day to be the designated punching bag and, ahem, "to gain exposure."

Occasionally it will be a legit effort by a school trying to upgrade it's program but usually it's the cash.
100% correct. The paid slaughter game. For David, it's money to fund scholarships, upgrade facilities, uniforms, swag, etc. If you are one of those lambs, your #1 goal is to get out of it healthy. Goliath gets an easy tune-up win, a chance to play their 2's & 3's and all the revenue associated with hosting a home football game. Every now & then it can backfire a la Michigan/Appalachian State a few years back.
You are entitled to your opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts.
- DPM

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

cortez the killer wrote:
beantownbubba wrote:

100% correct. The paid slaughter game. For David, it's money to fund scholarships, upgrade facilities, uniforms, swag, etc. If you are one of those lambs, your #1 goal is to get out of it healthy. Goliath gets an easy tune-up win, a chance to play their 2's & 3's and all the revenue associated with hosting a home football game. Every now & then it can backfire a la Michigan/Appalachian State a few years back.
Or if you're a lower level P5 school like my alma mater, it backfires about 50% of the time.

whatwouldcooleydo?

Cole Younger wrote:

He should have gonna all GG Allin at midfield, if you know what I mean ;)

4sooner

Post by 4sooner »

And the Lincoln Riley era begins. So far so good.
BOOMER

Sterling Bigmouth

4sooner wrote:And the Lincoln Riley era begins. So far so good.
BOOMER
Oklahoma lucked out having a badass coach in waiting ready to go as soon as Stoops (who I think was perpetually under appreciated) stepped down. He and Baker are gonna do big things this season.

4sooner

Post by 4sooner »

Sterling Bigmouth wrote:
4sooner wrote:And the Lincoln Riley era begins. So far so good.
BOOMER
Oklahoma lucked out having a badass coach in waiting ready to go as soon as Stoops (who I think was perpetually under appreciated) stepped down. He and Baker are gonna do big things this season.
It is fortunate to have had Riley here but this wasn't just something that was lucked into. Stoops was pretty open about the possibility of "hiring my replacement " when he hired him away from East Carolina. Then when Hermann left Houston after last season Riley interviewed and was offered the job according to reports. He came back to Norman, met with Stoops, and took his name out of consideration for Houston. I'm not saying he knew it would happen this quick, I don't think he did, but he knew it was coming. It's widely believed Stoops made the announcement as late as he did to force the regents to promote Riley instead of initiating a search.