college football 2014/2015/2016/2017/2018/2019

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Zip City

Re: college football 2014/2015/2016/2017

Post by Zip City »

It took a little longer this year, but Georgia shit the bed once again. You can count on that team being over-hyped every year and never living up to it. Now I believe this year's team is legitimately better than the past several years, but the inevitable collapse is so predictable
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

Don't be a dick, Zip. The Ohio State Fuckeyes are a media darling and get the benefit of every doubt every year. Herbstriet is there to lobby and shamelessly change his stance in accordance to whatever they need every single year. Just for this I hope they do go to the NC and get curb stomped by Alabama.
A single shot rifle and a one eyed dog.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Cole Younger wrote:Don't be a dick, Zip. The Ohio State Fuckeyes are a media darling and get the benefit of every doubt every year. Herbstriet is there to lobby and shamelessly change his stance in accordance to whatever they need every single year. Just for this I hope they do go to the NC and get curb stomped by Alabama.
You’re mistaking me for an OSU fan. I’m not

Sterling Bigmouth

Post by Sterling Bigmouth »

For the first time in 5 years, I’m optimistic about the direction of UT football again.
Turn it up to 10 and rip off the knob

whatwouldcooleydo?

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

Zip City wrote:
Cole Younger wrote:Don't be a dick, Zip. The Ohio State Fuckeyes are a media darling and get the benefit of every doubt every year. Herbstriet is there to lobby and shamelessly change his stance in accordance to whatever they need every single year. Just for this I hope they do go to the NC and get curb stomped by Alabama.
You’re mistaking me for an OSU fan. I’m not
Remind us of the school of which you are a fan
Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

Zip City wrote:It took a little longer this year, but Georgia shit the bed once again. You can count on that team being over-hyped every year and never living up to it. Now I believe this year's team is legitimately better than the past several years, but the inevitable collapse is so predictable
This is different than normal. Georgia actually earned the top spot when they had it.

Usually they get preseason Top 15 and hold that position until loss 4 or 5

whatwouldcooleydo?

Iowan wrote:
Zip City wrote:It took a little longer this year, but Georgia shit the bed once again. You can count on that team being over-hyped every year and never living up to it. Now I believe this year's team is legitimately better than the past several years, but the inevitable collapse is so predictable
This is different than normal. Georgia actually earned the top spot when they had it.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:
Iowan wrote:

Conference Realignment, 2011. I blacked out most of the details

whatwouldcooleydo?

Iowan wrote:
Iowan wrote:This is different than normal. Georgia actually earned the top spot when they had it.

Conference Realignment, 2011. I blacked out most of the details
In the college football system, conference reallignment-based offenses are considered especially heinous. In the NCAA, the dedicated detectives who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as the Special Victims Unit. These are their stories .

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Iowan wrote:

And I said as much. I'm not sure what it will take to push Georgia over the top, but this seemed like their best shot at it.

blackwll

Post by blackwll »

Zip City wrote:
Iowan wrote:

And I said as much. I'm not sure what it will take to push Georgia over the top, but this seemed like their best shot at it.
Getting stomped by Auburn will cause you to drop precipitously in the polls, especially where their quality win vs ND was devalued by the Canes. Richt has them going to the top this year. Looking #1 now, but Clemson awaits.

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

Haven't been to the Swamp in about 5 years. Going back today. Taking my grand daughter to her first gator game.
When I bought the tickets I was thinking guaranteed win for the grand daughter :roll:
This whole trip is about her experiencing the game day swamp complete with Albert and Alberta and why I picked this game for
my triumphant return. When the gators season started going to hell I knew this would be an easy ticket and I would be able get whatever seats I wanted, 1st row sideline. check. Directly across the field from our old season tickets. I would prefer right behind the other teams bench as my son and I are petty good hecklers but sometime you just have to make lemonaid, we'll be sitting right behind the blazzers cheerleaders :D Hopefully the Blazzers have a mascot that Albert can wrestle.
My mother will be with us to play the devils advocate like she did at my sons first game when the gators beat Auburn.

Albert seems a little irked
and the rest as they say is uh er uh, well somebodies history somewhere?

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

Rape Baylor.

Sterling Bigmouth

Unfortunate my last UT game of the year ended up a shitshow from both a weather and on-field perspective. Oh well, time to throw the house at Jon Gruden and see what happens.

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

Jahshzjsjjajsyhxhxhyxhxhwbqbabhahhagw

Sterling Bigmouth

Iowan wrote:Jahshzjsjjajsyhxhxhyxhxhwbqbabhahhagw
I second this notion.

whatwouldcooleydo?

Kid Rock lyrics?
Last edited by whatwouldcooleydo? on Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

schlanky

Post by schlanky »

Bodda Getta
Bodda Getta
Bodda Getta Bah
Let the outside air in

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

Kid Rock lyrics?
Nope. Farmageddon.

phungi

Post by phungi »

gotta love Alabama and Notre Dame both losing end-of-the-season big games
We got messed up minds for these messed up times...

Sterling Bigmouth

If the rumors are true about Greg Schiano emerging as a favorite for the UT job, I know a lot of people (including myself) that won’t contribute a dime to the university if someone who had knowledge of the Sandusky scandal but did nothing is employed.

whatwouldcooleydo?

Iowan wrote:
Kid Rock lyrics?
Nope. Farmageddon.
Now I get it. When I posted that last night I wasn’t aware of how your guys choked at the end.

whatwouldcooleydo?

phungi wrote:gotta love Alabama and Notre Dame both losing end-of-the-season big games
Given how shitty the last year has been, the cosmos owe us at least that much. Cowpukes losing on Thursday doesn’t hurt either. Now we just need Florida to beat dook tonight

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

Kid Rock lyrics?
Nope. Farmageddon.[/quote]

Now I get it. When I posted that last night I wasn’t aware of how your guys choked at the end.[/quote]

Choked. Got fucked in the ass by the zebras.

6 of one, half dozen of another.

whatwouldcooleydo?

Iowan wrote:
Kid Rock lyrics?
Nope. Farmageddon.
Now I get it. When I posted that last night I wasn’t aware of how your guys choked at the end.[/quote]

6 of one, half dozen of another.[/quote]

Didn't see any of the game/highlights, only the outcome, so I'll take your word for it

Was it an SEC officiating crew? :lol:

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

Iowan wrote:

6 of one, half dozen of another.
Didn't see any of the game/highlights, only the outcome, so I'll take your word for it

Was it an SEC officiating crew? :lol:
The Big 12 is perfectly capable of fucking us without external aid.

But in all seriousness, we choked some and also got fucked. A nice, typical ending for the longest running series in D1 football,

cortez the killer

Post by cortez the killer »

Sterling Bigmouth wrote:If the rumors are true about Greg Schiano emerging as a favorite for the UT job, I know a lot of people (including myself) that won’t contribute a dime to the university if someone who had knowledge of the Sandusky scandal but did nothing is employed.
I will preface my comments by saying what happened at Penn State with regards to Jerry Sandusky was abhorrent and that I personally find Greg Schiano to be a complete asshole. That said, what transpired at Tennessee in the wake of the potential Schiano hiring is deeply disturbing. It's another example of the facts-be-damned, angry mob phenomena that has infected American society.
You are entitled to your opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts.
- DPM

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

cortez the killer wrote:
Sterling Bigmouth wrote:If the rumors are true about Greg Schiano emerging as a favorite for the UT job, I know a lot of people (including myself) that won’t contribute a dime to the university if someone who had knowledge of the Sandusky scandal but did nothing is employed.
I will preface my comments by saying what happened at Penn State with regards to Jerry Sandusky was abhorrent and that I personally find Greg Schiano to be a complete asshole. That said, what transpired at Tennessee in the wake of the potential Schiano hiring is deeply disturbing. It's another example of the facts-be-damned, angry mob phenomena that has infected American society.
Agreed. Plus, the story of Schiano knowing something is somewhat up for debate, and Ohio State found nothing that kept them from hiring him as Defensive Coordinator.

UT is going to have a very hard time finding anyone to take that job

Sterling Bigmouth

I do agree on the mob mentality aspects of it, but I would honestly rather sign up for just one more year of Butch or Dooley than deal with that asshole.

whatwouldcooleydo?

saw this golden comment on a Deadspin piece on the Schiano Man:

Honestly, what’s worse: shooting yourself in the foot and retracting the offer from Schiano, or keeping Schiano and getting MRSA in that same foot?

:lol: :lol: :lol: