college football 2014/2015/2016/2017/2018/2019

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Zip City

Re: college football 2014/2015/2016

Post by Zip City »

What does Penn State have to do with anything?
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

And this article (published today) has the Big XII at 4th out of 5 power conferences (ahead of only the ACC) in dollars/school

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

Zip City wrote:And this article (published today) has the Big XII at 4th out of 5 power conferences (ahead of only the ACC) in dollars/school
Those totals don't include each school's Tier III package for the Big 12, like the Longhorn Network. Even little old ISU brings in over $3 million on CyclonesTV.

I bring up Penn State because you seemingly lust over Big 12 demise which could crush the entire athletic departments of some schools. If there was ever a school that deserves such a fate, it's PSU (or Baylor ironically). Now, I'm not rooting for that, but I've gotten the impression over the years that you are rooting for Big 12 implosion.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

I'm not rooting for the Big XII to dissolve. I'm merely saying that I think they made a bad choice and could see the conference fall apart because of it. You're one big defection away from being in big trouble.

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

Zip City wrote:I'm not rooting for the Big XII to dissolve. I'm merely saying that I think they made a bad choice and could see the conference fall apart because of it. You're one big defection away from being in big trouble.
Your last sentence is correct. And that's why there was no expansion. When that idiot Boren saw the hit the conference would take financially, he changed his tune.

Expansion with the current options was the quickest way to create a defection from a power school. And as you can see, the Big 12 is certainly not last in profitability, despite the contrary narrative. The conferences best chance for survival is to listen to the people who pay it and stay profitable

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Time to check in on those pesky Bantams of Trinity College: 4 - 0, averaging over 37 points per game and scored over 30 in each game. Meanwhile the slacker defense has been giving up almost 2 touchdowns/game (although to be fair most of those were in one game). Go Bants!
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

dime in the gutter

Post by dime in the gutter »

geaux to hell, ole miss!

hate those fuckers.

Clams

Post by Clams »

How bout them Nittany Lions! First huge win in a LONG time. Suck it, buckeyes.
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

Markalanbishop

Post by Markalanbishop »

Clams wrote:How bout them Nittany Lions! First huge win in a LONG time. Suck it, buckeyes.
I was clicking around the tv last night, saw a 21-7 score or something like that in the 3rd quarter, and never came back to the game. Oops. Congrats.
I'm always amazed by the Vegas oddsmakers---Alabama by 18.5 and they win by 19?!?
Kick out the jams motherfuckers.

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

Clams wrote:How bout them Nittany Lions! First huge win in a LONG time. Suck it, buckeyes.
#WeArePennState
Turn you demons into walls of goddamned noise and sound.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

I had written PSU of this year completely. After getting their teeth kicked in by Michigan (and showing little heart or effort at that), I boldly predicted that they wouldn't win a single conference game for the rest of the year. About as bad a prediction as I've ever made :D

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

Zip City wrote:I had written PSU of this year completely. After getting their teeth kicked in by Michigan (and showing little heart or effort at that), I boldly predicted that they wouldn't win a single conference game for the rest of the year. About as bad a prediction as I've ever made :D
I grew up in PA & probably haven't missed more than 3-4 Penn State games in the past 35 years. I agree with you. I wrote them off after the Michigan game. But they've played really solid football the past 3 weeks, the OSU win was huge, and they're really young. I might give James Franklin a chance after all.
Turn you demons into walls of goddamned noise and sound.

jr29

Post by jr29 »

brett27295 wrote:
Zip City wrote:I had written PSU of this year completely. After getting their teeth kicked in by Michigan (and showing little heart or effort at that), I boldly predicted that they wouldn't win a single conference game for the rest of the year. About as bad a prediction as I've ever made :D
I grew up in PA & probably haven't missed more than 3-4 Penn State games in the past 35 years. I agree with you. I wrote them off after the Michigan game. But they've played really solid football the past 3 weeks, the OSU win was huge, and they're really young. I might give James Franklin a chance after all.
Franklin always seemed like an arrogant douche when he was at Vanderbilt.

whatwouldcooleydo?

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

Nick Saban born on Halloween

How apropos
Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

A preemptive congrats to 4sooner and Okieintexas on tonight's biblical fist-fucking.

Boomer Sooner makes the most lopsided conference match up in college football 5-74-1 tonight.

4sooner

Post by 4sooner »

Iowan wrote:A preemptive congrats to 4sooner and Okieintexas on tonight's biblical fist-fucking.

Boomer Sooner makes the most lopsided conference match up in college football 5-74-1 tonight.
the Sooners have no running game tonight. Perine still hurt and Mixon still a fuckin knucklehead. I'm not saying they'll lose but I don't know about covering 21 with that non existent defense they throw out there.
BTW Iowan I was in attendance last time the clones beat the sooners. 1990, Gary Gibbs vs Jim Walden. (I'm pretty sure it was Walden?)

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

4sooner wrote:
Iowan wrote:A preemptive congrats to 4sooner and Okieintexas on tonight's biblical fist-fucking.

the Sooners have no running game tonight. Perine still hurt and Mixon still a fuckin knucklehead. I'm not saying they'll lose but I don't know about covering 21 with that non existent defense they throw out there.
BTW Iowan I was in attendance last time the clones beat the sooners. 1990, Gary Gibbs vs Jim Walden. (I'm pretty sure it was Walden?)
Our run defense is terrible. I think we'll make a game of it, but piss it away in the 4th. It's what we do this year.

That said, OU just seems to really have our number. Most of those 73 wins have been of the woodshed variety. The dominance of this series almost defies the gap in the programs. That 1990 game is our only win over OU in my entire life.

dime in the gutter

big game.

i have the want to talk trash.

geaux tigers.

TW_2.0

Post by TW_2.0 »

So many sad corndogs.

I can't dance a lick but sometimes I can flat rock and roll

dime in the gutter

funny.

fucker. gat damn bama!

whatwouldcooleydo?

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

time to death penalty the Baylor program and ban Art Briles from ever being hired again in college

Baylor Confirms Art Briles Knew About Alleged Gang Rape And Chose Not To Report It
Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

:oops: FUCK lsu! Today was set to be my granddaughters first GATOR game. FUCK YOU lsu. With the GATORS set to play Presbyterian today I knew I could get tics on the field and Betsy could meet Albert and Alberta. FUCKYOU ls phew. Now she has to wait another year to experince the SWAMP and hopefully it won't be drained by then. FUCK YOU ls boobs................So back in the day we used to make the trip to baton rude everyother year. On our first trip I had gone to the bathrooms just outside the stadium. We felt a little intimidated. We were in our gator gear and I asked my sun to watch my back. As we left the revstroom a group of lsu (FU) talegators started screaming some shit at us. Not wanting to back down weapproached them and noticed a lone Gator partying with them. He was also the lone black man in their group. We were invited to party with them which we did and they were all real nice and turned us on to some hog head cheese. Great stuff. As we left I told them if they made the trip to Florida (everybody cheer) next year I would feed them. They didn't come but the following year we were back in baton rude. As we entered the parking lot my truck was surrounded by about 30 lsu'ers who begain to take the GATOR magnets off my truck. We figured since there were 30 of them and 2 of us that they needed them more than we did and hopefully karma would bite them on the ass which it did. Go GATORS! After we parked we went looking for our new friends from the last time we were there. We found them but their black friend was no longer with them but we were welcomed again and again I offered them food if they made the trip to Gainsville the following year. Before we could get back katrina hit. The game went on cause it was after the storm and not during it. FU lsu. We went but the closes we could get to stay was Pensacola. We were really worried about what we would find and if we would even find our lsu friends. We did and it was a very emotional reunion. We were so glad they had made it through all right. We had known they were from the NO area but as we talked it became apparent how happy they were that a certain segment of the population had been chased away by the storm. We were heart broken. FUCK YOU ls stick it up your ass. I still like you dime, but I wouldn't hold it against you if you didn't feel the same way.
and the rest as they say is uh er uh, well somebodies history somewhere?

Clams

Post by Clams »

OkieinTexas

Post by OkieinTexas »

Don't you dare cock block the rock (™)Smitty 2016 all rights reserved.

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

I think Penn State and OU should meet in a bowl. Two best teams that won't get in, and P5 conference champs.

4sooner

Post by 4sooner »

So now we have a playoff with absolutely NO system for qualification. Hell this may be worse than the polls. We were told that a winner of a power 5 conference would mean something. It doesn't does it PSU? I guess that matters only if you're Clemson who was a missed chip shot away from losing to NC State. They had by far the weakest conf champ game and almost lost that. I just st don't understand why they seem to be a slam dunk either. Especially when they're talking about leaving out Wash, PSU, hell even Michigan. Tide is the only team that has earned "given" status this year. Ohio State LOST to the conference champion! The schools have no idea what they have to do except go undefeated. Same as with the old system.
Notice I'm not trying to make a case for the Sooners as i certainly don't consider them a top 4 team.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

4sooner wrote:So now we have a playoff with absolutely NO system for qualification. Hell this may be worse than the polls. We were told that a winner of a power 5 conference would mean something. It doesn't does it PSU? I guess that matters only if you're Clemson who was a missed chip shot away from losing to NC State. They had by far the weakest conf champ game and almost lost that. I just st don't understand why they seem to be a slam dunk either. Especially when they're talking about leaving out Wash, PSU, hell even Michigan. Tide is the only team that has earned "given" status this year. Ohio State LOST to the conference champion! The schools have no idea what they have to do except go undefeated. Same as with the old system.
Notice I'm not trying to make a case for the Sooners as i certainly don't consider them a top 4 team.
Ahhhh, the NCAA. Everything they touch is guaranteed to turn to shit. It's clear that they make billions off of indentured servants because if they actually had to earn money the old fashioned way they'd go broke in a week.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Clams

Post by Clams »

In the end, I don't really care about being in the top four. I watched last night's game with my son and the dog and it was the first Penn State football game that I actually enjoyed watching (well the second half, at least) in the least 4 or 5 years since the program went to shit. I'm fine with the Rose Bowl if they don't make it in.

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

Washington deserves to be in. They took care of business & except for the hiccup vs USC were consistently great all year. As far as the nonconference schedule goes, it was set years ago when the program was in the dumps. Coach Pedersen wasn't even there yet. & who knew Rutgers would be so horrible this year? They were a major conference opponent.& he is doing it his way with a clean program & standards the players have to live up to. Kind of refreshing. We had a couple of questionable coaches (Sarkhasian, Newweasel) that really ended up setting the program back. Word is the school wants to lock him up long term & he is agreeable to it. His reason: doesn't want the constant distraction of rumours about other schools being after him every year. Think he is going to be there a long time & close to the top. The one thing that I could see happening to derail that is when Pete Carroll retires I bet that there is at least going to be a conversation with Pedersen. He would be a great coach for Russell Wilson but I don't know if he's cut out for the NFL way of doing things. & owner Paul Allen is a UW alumni. Should be interesting. I don't think they will beat Bama but stranger things have happened.

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

This thing needs to go to 8 teams with P5 champions getting auto bids ASAP.