college football 2014/2015/2016/2017/2018/2019

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Iowan

Re: college football 2014/2015/2016

Post by Iowan »

TW_2.0 wrote:
OkieinTexas wrote:
TW_2.0 wrote:Some pretty great action this past weekend.

Thought Bama looked good, but I do think the final score was deceptive. We were really not as dominant offensively as that score showed.

Was great to see a lot of my least favorite teams go down or struggle: Notre Dame, Ole Miss, Auburn, Tennessee's close call, Oklahoma, etc.

The LSU performance really surprised me. Was somehow lulled into thinking that Lester would actually evolve this year. Feel bad for Fournette.
Why the hate for OU? I enjoy hearing sports hate stories.

BTW, Oklahoma is (3-1-1) against Alabama and has won three in a row (We tied in a bowl game which must have been totally unsatisfying to those in attendance). I was at the 2006 and 2007 games. Loved Tuscaloosa, and the Alabama fans were the best visitors I encountered in Norman. Kind of odd we've played 3 bowl games but only played a home and home. Hope we schedule future meetings.
You pretty much nailed the hate - because we can't beat y'all.

And the other reason, is that I am just not a Stoops fan at all. And he made ti worse with all of his SEC shit talking a while back.

And honestly, of all those teams I listed, the only one's that I truly cannot stand are Auburn, Tennessee and Ole Miss. Ole Miss is quickly moving to the top of my list.
I hate Stoops too, but his shit talking the SEC in preseason and then going in dry on Bama was the epitome of walking the walk

OkieinTexas

Post by OkieinTexas »

TW_2.0 wrote:
OkieinTexas wrote:
TW_2.0 wrote:Some pretty great action this past weekend.

Thought Bama looked good, but I do think the final score was deceptive. We were really not as dominant offensively as that score showed.

Was great to see a lot of my least favorite teams go down or struggle: Notre Dame, Ole Miss, Auburn, Tennessee's close call, Oklahoma, etc.

The LSU performance really surprised me. Was somehow lulled into thinking that Lester would actually evolve this year. Feel bad for Fournette.
Why the hate for OU? I enjoy hearing sports hate stories.

BTW, Oklahoma is (3-1-1) against Alabama and has won three in a row (We tied in a bowl game which must have been totally unsatisfying to those in attendance). I was at the 2006 and 2007 games. Loved Tuscaloosa, and the Alabama fans were the best visitors I encountered in Norman. Kind of odd we've played 3 bowl games but only played a home and home. Hope we schedule future meetings.
You pretty much nailed the hate - because we can't beat y'all.

And the other reason, is that I am just not a Stoops fan at all. And he made ti worse with all of his SEC shit talking a while back.

And honestly, of all those teams I listed, the only one's that I truly cannot stand are Auburn, Tennessee and Ole Miss. Ole Miss is quickly moving to the top of my list.
Thanks for the reply.

To be fair, in 2002 Dennis Franchione out coached Stoops after we got the early lead. The only reason OU won was we ran the shovel pass to Renaldo Works almost every play in the last three minutes and 'Bama didn't adjust. In 2003 Stoops out coached David Shula plain and simple.

I really don't care about the Sugar Bowl win, as it was bad for OU. The Tide truly did not care. Worse, it made QB Trevor Knight look good and we suffered for it the following year.

As for 2016, I don't see how Alabama doesn't win it again. Saban has truly assembled a juggernaut. While I understand the SEC hate, damn he is a good coach, certainly top 5 of all time.
Don't you dare cock block the rock (™)Smitty 2016 all rights reserved.

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

Yeah, I wouldn't bother refuting the statement that he's the GOAT.

whatwouldcooleydo?

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

4Sooner and OkieinTexas,
here in town this morning was behind a jeep that had CA plates and a big Giants sticker, but with a license plate frame that read, "Oklahoma Sooners." Thought of you guys............ before I ran the dude into a ditch :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've lived in this town for 20 years and from day one I have seen/still see a jeep with the spare tire cover that is a huge Nebraska helmet and says "Blackshirts"
Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

OkieinTexas

Post by OkieinTexas »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:4Sooner and OkieinTexas,
here in town this morning was behind a jeep that had CA plates and a big Giants sticker, but with a license plate frame that read, "Oklahoma Sooners." Thought of you guys............ before I ran the dude into a ditch :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've lived in this town for 20 years and from day one I have seen/still see a jeep with the spare tire cover that is a huge Nebraska helmet and says "Blackshirts"
He got what he deserved!
Don't you dare cock block the rock (™)Smitty 2016 all rights reserved.

whatwouldcooleydo?

OkieinTexas wrote:
whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:4Sooner and OkieinTexas,

He got what he deserved!
I don't play :lol: :lol: :lol:

TW_2.0

Post by TW_2.0 »

Nice slate of games this weekend.

Cannot decide who to pull for in the Stoops v Meyer game. Thinking OU.

Hoping my tide can break our streak against Ole Miss. On the road with a True Freshman QB against that Ole Miss DLine is not a great spot to be in.

Have a feeling Louisville upsets FSU.

Would love for Sparty to skull eff the Golden Domers.
I can't dance a lick but sometimes I can flat rock and roll

Markalanbishop

Post by Markalanbishop »

It's gonna be a long day for my 'Noles.
Kick out the jams motherfuckers.

whatwouldcooleydo?

Markalanbishop wrote:It's gonna be a long day for my 'Noles.
maybe Cards are for real

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Iowa loses to N. Dakota St
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

whatwouldcooleydo?

Absolutely stunned to see that Miami traveled to Boone to play Appalachian State. No idea how that happened but I'm all for it. As I have said before, the NCAA should mandate that the huge schools travel to play smaller schools if said huge schools won't do it voluntarily.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:Absolutely stunned to see that Miami traveled to Boone to play Appalachian State. No idea how that happened but I'm all for it. As I have said before, the NCAA should mandate that the huge schools travel to play smaller schools if said huge schools won't do it voluntarily.
smaller schools nothing. SEC schools won't even travel to other BIG schools. "Neutral site" bullshit every year

Markalanbishop

Post by Markalanbishop »

My other alma mater, Georgia State, almost pulled it off against Wisconsin. More importantly, they covered the spread!

whatwouldcooleydo?

Zip City wrote:
whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:Absolutely stunned to see that Miami traveled to Boone to play Appalachian State. No idea how that happened but I'm all for it. As I have said before, the NCAA should mandate that the huge schools travel to play smaller schools if said huge schools won't do it voluntarily.
smaller schools nothing. SEC schools won't even travel to other BIG schools. "Neutral site" bullshit every year
Very true, which is why I say schools shouldn't have 100% say in creating the non-conference schedule

whatwouldcooleydo?

Markalanbishop wrote:My other alma mater, Georgia State, almost pulled it off against Wisconsin. More importantly, they covered the spread!
Were you there when Lefty Driesell coached hoops?

whatwouldcooleydo?

In home opener Heels give up 21 to James fuckin' Madison in the first quarter.

Good times...........

Markalanbishop

Post by Markalanbishop »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:
Markalanbishop wrote:My other alma mater, Georgia State, almost pulled it off against Wisconsin. More importantly, they covered the spread!
Yea, I was in law school then. He'd eat lunch at the student center and I sat with him several times. Very approachable and nice. Coincidentally, he was coaching in 2001 when Georgia State beat Wisconsin in the first round of the NCAA hoops tournament.

whatwouldcooleydo?

Markalanbishop wrote:
Yea, I was in law school then. He'd eat lunch at the student center and I sat with him several times. Very approachable and nice. Coincidentally, he was coaching in 2001 when Georgia State beat Wisconsin in the first round of the NCAA hoops tournament.
even as a diehard Heel always liked the lefthander when he was at Maryland. Probably the only non-UNC coach in the ACC that I didn't hate. Pre-coach k Terry Holland of UVA was the most hated, by just about everyone. He had some amazing teams at Maryland that unfortunately around at the time when only the conference tournament champion made the NCAA tournament. UNC and NC State were dominant, to the point that Maryland had great teams that played in the NIT

whatwouldcooleydo?

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:In home opener Heels give up 21 to James fuckin' Madison in the first quarter.

Good times...........
I thought Gene Chizik was supposed to be some kind of defensive whiz kid

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Bama getting curb-stomped. Love it

whatwouldcooleydo?

Zip City wrote:Bama getting curb-stomped. Love it
I wish that were so but it's 24-17 at the half. Lot of work left for a Bama loss

Heels up 42-21 after being down 21-14. If they don't beat JMU by 40+ I chalk this up as a loss

whatwouldcooleydo?

for the record, love curbstomp as a word. The actual thing is pretty heinous but it's a great word to use in a sports contest.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

I wish that were so but it's 24-17 at the half. Lot of work left for a Bama loss

Heels up 42-21 after being down 21-14. If they don't beat JMU by 40+ I chalk this up as a loss
It was 24-3 when I posted that

whatwouldcooleydo?

Zip City wrote:

It was 24-3 when I posted that
I figured so, apparently Bama scored twice in a flash. I am watching Heels but flipping to that game during commercials. I felt the same as you and was then stunned when I saw 24-17. Hopefully Ole Miss doesn't let a lead slip like the did against FSU

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Oh it already slipped

whatwouldcooleydo?

Bama up 11 with 7:33 left, this is over

chuckrh

Post by chuckrh »

Nebraska/Oregon game is a helluva thing! :o

jr29

Post by jr29 »

chuckrh wrote:Nebraska/Oregon game is a helluva thing! :o
That was great. I love the blitz call on 4th and 15 at the end.

4sooner

Post by 4sooner »

Total beat down. Out played. Out coached. Embarrassing
Overrated again. Not much else to say

blackwll

Post by blackwll »

Bama, Louisville or Ohio St as your #1? Or Another pick?