college football 2014/2015/2016/2017/2018/2019

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

whatwouldcooleydo?

Re: college football 2014/2015

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

Clemson punter: what the fuck, pray tell, were you thinking???

I thought Swinney was gonna Woody Hayes his own player!

Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

whatwouldcooleydo?

Congratulations to Clemson! Was surprised they let the Heels make a bit of a comeback but in no way surprised by the outcome. It was over when, down only 5, UNC threw a pick in the red zone and then allowed Clemson to drive 90+ to score and go up 12. After that it was just a matter of how much Clemson would win by. The offsides call on the kickoff was a terrible call but I am more bent out of shape by how poorly our defense played most of the game.

that damn stadium in Charlotte killed us this year

brstigerfan

Post by brstigerfan »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:Congratulations to Clemson! Was surprised they let the Heels make a bit of a comeback but in no way surprised by the outcome. It was over when, down only 5, UNC threw a pick in the red zone and then allowed Clemson to drive 90+ to score and go up 12. After that it was just a matter of how much Clemson would win by. The offsides call on the kickoff was a terrible call but I am more bent out of shape by how poorly our defense played most of the game.

Really good game, really impressed with the Way the TarHeels recovered after that opening game.
The offsides was a terrible call, you are right. I would've liked our defenses chances their to keep UNC from scoring a td AND a two point conversion, but I'm biased.

Very excited for the Orange Bowl against the Sooners. I know it's going to be a much different game than when we played them last year. Really wish we'd have been matched up with Michigan State. Oh well.

whatwouldcooleydo?

brstigerfan wrote:
whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:Congratulations to Clemson! Was surprised they let the Heels make a bit of a comeback but in no way surprised by the outcome. It was over when, down only 5, UNC threw a pick in the red zone and then allowed Clemson to drive 90+ to score and go up 12. After that it was just a matter of how much Clemson would win by. The offsides call on the kickoff was a terrible call but I am more bent out of shape by how poorly our defense played most of the game.

Really good game, really impressed with the Way the TarHeels recovered after that opening game.
The offsides was a terrible call, you are right. I would've liked our defenses chances their to keep UNC from scoring a td AND a two point conversion, but I'm biased.

Very excited for the Orange Bowl against the Sooners. I know it's going to be a much different game than when we played them last year. Really wish we'd have been matched up with Michigan State. Oh well.
well, if it counts for anything, I'm rooting for you and may the spirit of Danny Ford lead you to glory!

that said, expect no mercy when you guys come to the Dean Dome, gotta keep that streak alive :lol: :lol: :lol:

whatwouldcooleydo?

Kind of pissed that the 10th ranked Heels got stuck in the Russell Athletic Supporter or whatever it's called Bowl on the 29th. They deserved better. The matchup with Baylor should be a great game, assuming Baylor can field a healthy QB, but I was hoping for a game on 12/31 or 1/1.

then again, going back to my low expectations for this season, I should just STFU and be happy :D

4sooner

Post by 4sooner »

Hey tigerfan it's on. Hopefully we make a much better showing than we gave you last year.
I'm surprised we are meeting in the semis. I was sure you guys would get MSU and we'd get Bama. For my money I'd rather have Bama in the first round. Containing Watson is a pretty tall order for anyone.
Pretty cool touch with Dabos pizza party today.

Bill in CT

Post by Bill in CT »

I think The Cure should play at halftime of the Cure Bowl in Orlando on December 19.

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/ ... /cure-bowl
The closer you get to the meaning
The sooner you'll know that you're dreaming

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

Boomer Sooner

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Penn State playing Georgia in the Participation Trophy Bowl
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

TW_2.0

Post by TW_2.0 »

Nice win a couple of nights ago, dime.

SEC 3-1 so far. I expected Auburn to lose as well.

I think OU beats Clemson today. Even though I am pulling for Dabo and crew.

And I think (hope) Bama pulls out a close one against Sparty (23-17).
I can't dance a lick but sometimes I can flat rock and roll

4sooner

Post by 4sooner »

It's time for some football.
BOOMER!!!!!!!!!

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

BOOMER SOONERS!

Only caught the last 5 minutes of the first half but I'll be on board for the 2nd. That was some exciting 5 minutes!
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

4sooner

Post by 4sooner »

Congrats to Clemson. The best team won. Whipped our ass both sides of the ball.

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

Damn these were two days of boring games. Blowouts are only fun for fans of the winners.
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

LBRod wrote:Damn these were two days of boring games. Blowouts are only fun for fans of the winners.
Clemson wasn't a blowout until the 2nd half but yeah, really bad matchups, really awful games. I'm curious about the ratings. One would think that even if people turned the games on, they turned 'em off pretty quickly.

That McCaffrey guy is pretty good though.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

I can't wait for an actual competitive football game

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

Zip City wrote:I can't wait for an actual competitive football game
Got your wish. TCU/Oregon might have been the most entertaining game of the year. Pretty amazing win for TCU when you consider that they did this with a senior career back up who found out two days before the game he'd be starting.

jr29

Post by jr29 »

I live a mile from the Liberty Bowl so I went to the Arkansas/Kansas State game yesterday and it was a good game. The place was 100% packed.

Also, I saw Lucero bass player John Stubblefield in the crowd. Memphis rules.

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

jr29 wrote:
I live a mile from the Liberty Bowl so I went to the Arkansas/Kansas State game yesterday and it was a good game. The place was 100% packed.

2 good fanbases living within a day's drive. Liberty Bowl does well with the SEC/Big 12 thing. We played there in 2012 and pretty much all my buddies went. Said Memphis was a god damn blast. I had a cousin getting married in Winnipeg the day before the game and had to miss out.

jr29

Post by jr29 »

Iowan wrote:
jr29 wrote:

2 good fanbases living within a day's drive. Liberty Bowl does well with the SEC/Big 12 thing. We played there in 2012 and pretty much all my buddies went. Said Memphis was a god damn blast. I had a cousin getting married in Winnipeg the day before the game and had to miss out.
Ha..I live here and I promise you Memphis is a god damn blast.

Bill Snyder has always seemed like a total class act and I really wanted k-State to win because of that. Instead...waddling, smartass, Brett Bielema won.

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

jr29 wrote:
Iowan wrote:
Ha..I live here and I promise you Memphis is a god damn blast.

Bill Snyder has always seemed like a total class act and I really wanted k-State to win because of that. Instead...waddling, smartass, Brett Bielema won.
He's garnered that reputation in recent years, but prior to his initial retirement at K-State he recruited a lot of low character guys other schools wouldn't touch, scheduled cupcakes in the non-conference, and ran up the score as much as he possibly could whenever he possible could.

I remember hating him in his first run, but came to respect him the second time around. If you look at K-State's history and resources, there's an argument that he's the greatest coach in the history of the game. Definitely greatest coach to never win a national title.

TW_2.0

Post by TW_2.0 »

brstigerfan

Post by brstigerfan »

7 and a half years ago I sat in the Georgia Dome and watched Alabama physically manhandle Clemson. A few weeks later, Tommy Bowden was gone and Dabo Swinney had taken over.
Now, here we are. I don't know what will happen a week from tonight, but I like our chances. This team has been so fun to follow all year, and really for a few years now.

Watson is a once in a lifetime talent, but I think we are set up now to have a chance to get here every year. I know we won't get here every year, just that we are set up to have that chance.

Good luck to the Bama fans on the board.
But, Go Tigers.

TW_2.0

Post by TW_2.0 »

brstigerfan wrote:7 and a half years ago I sat in the Georgia Dome and watched Alabama physically manhandle Clemson. A few weeks later, Tommy Bowden was gone and Dabo Swinney had taken over.
Now, here we are. I don't know what will happen a week from tonight, but I like our chances. This team has been so fun to follow all year, and really for a few years now.

Watson is a once in a lifetime talent, but I think we are set up now to have a chance to get here every year. I know we won't get here every year, just that we are set up to have that chance.

Good luck to the Bama fans on the board.
But, Go Tigers.
Good Luck, brs !

I like this Clemson team, too. And I honestly have no idea what to expect on Monday.

I like our chances, and think either way, it will be close.

2 well-coached, highly skilled teams.

Roll Tide

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Nobody watched?

This neutral observer enjoyed it - lots of big plays and the biggest stars for the most part played well. 'bama's onside kick may well have been the most perfectly executed version I've ever seen. In any case, it was the right play at the right time and had the huge impact on the game it was intended to.

Alabama is once again king of the football universe and the deification of Coach Saban can now begin in earnest.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

It was entertaining as hell. I kinda nodded off for a bit in the 4th quarter, but caught the last 5 minutes. It was leaps and bound better football than any of the NFL games this weekend

brstigerfan

Post by brstigerfan »

Still kinda numb. Hell of a game, but just hate we couldn't pull it off.
Special teams has been our real weakness all season, and it cost us last night.
No doubt to me that those were the two best teams in college football on that field.
Bama was just slightly better. Hopefully we will be right back next year.
Congrats to the Bama fans. What a team.

whatwouldcooleydo?

brstigerfan wrote:Still kinda numb. Hell of a game, but just hate we couldn't pull it off.
Special teams has been our real weakness all season, and it cost us last night.
No doubt to me that those were the two best teams in college football on that field.
Bama was just slightly better. Hopefully we will be right back next year.
Congrats to the Bama fans. What a team.
damn damn damn. Man I was rooting for your Tigers, mainly because I loathe Bama but also because you are ACC and I also really wanted to see the Sports Illustrated cover that said "Clemson Tide" :(

TW_2.0

Post by TW_2.0 »

Just got back into town from Glendale. Holy shit what a game.

Watson is unbelievable. Better than advertised.

Definitely the 2 best teams - they got it right.

It was about 70/30 in favor of Clemson fans. They were EVERYWHERE.

Clemson is definitely poised to come back next year and win it all.

Love Jake Coker. Love Kenyan Drake.

Roll Tide.

jr29

Post by jr29 »

http://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/ ... /80851232/

Another class act college coach. I didn't like Jones from the start.