college football 2014/2015/2016/2017/2018/2019

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

whatwouldcooleydo?

Re: college football 2014/2015

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

brett27295 wrote:I grew up in PA watching Penn State every Saturday and The Penn State Story recap every Sunday. I'm not sure I've ever been more disgusted watching a PSU team then I was Saturday in that debacle against Temple. I realize that the glory days of national prominence are in the rear view mirror, but I certainly didn't expect to get absolutely manhandled by Temple. Hell a small part of me was hoping that Saturday would begin the return to national prominence. At this point I'm hoping PSU can squeak by Buffalo this Saturday.
I think Temple put Quaaludes in PSU's drink :lol:

Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

rlipps

Post by rlipps »

My UK Wildcats 2-0 after beating the Ol' Ball Coach for the 2nd straight year. Not a vintage Spurrier team, but when your last SEC road win was in 2009, I'll take it. Stoops got us trending in the right direction.

whatwouldcooleydo?

rlipps wrote:My UK Wildcats 2-0 after beating the Ol' Ball Coach for the 2nd straight year. Not a vintage Spurrier team, but when your last SEC road win was in 2009, I'll take it. Stoops got us trending in the right direction.
You guys beating them makes my Heels loss to the Cocks sting even worse :cry:

TW_2.0

Post by TW_2.0 »

Hey dime,

Please reassure me that Les is not going to make the Auburn game this weekend, one of those games where he decides to lose his mind calling plays and making decisions.

Run Fournette 30 times minimum, don't make Harris win the game by himself and beat the hell out of those bastards from Alabama Polytechnic Institute.

Thanks,
TW
I can't dance a lick but sometimes I can flat rock and roll

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

Oh no! We suck again!

Another shit year where we squander talent good enough to win more than we lose. And we'll keep Rhoads, who has completely gone from an inspiring river boat gambler type who will do anything to win, to being content with punting on 4th and inches from the 50 against your bitter rival. Is it basketball season yet?

whatwouldcooleydo?

as a Tar Heel, when it comes to football we pretty much have to take our positives when others lose. As I came up my Heels were AT BEST perennial guests to the Peach Bowl/Gator Bowl/whatever they call the bowl in Charlotte these days. So on a day like this I feel great: Texas, Alabama, Nebraska, and Auburn all lost, while my Heels laid a worse beating on the Fighting Illini than they did in the 2005 National Championship game. Plus dook lost to perennial football power Northwestern. Heels will be lucky to win three more games all year, so I have to enjoy days like this when they come around

whatwouldcooleydo?

If I wasn't transparent enough.....

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

The end of yesterday's OSU - NIU game was a flashback to last week's Giants-Cowboys game. I have no idea what Urban Meyer was thinking, but the buckeyes were rushing to run plays like they were behind instead of milking the clock and wound up giving NIU a great chance at one of the great upsets in college football history. Alas, NIU isn't a good enough team to accept the gift and convert it. Don't they teach clock management anymore at those off season coaching boondoggles?
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

beantownbubba wrote:The end of yesterday's OSU - NIU game was a flashback to last week's Giants-Cowboys game. I have no idea what Urban Meyer was thinking, but the buckeyes were rushing to run plays like they were behind instead of milking the clock and wound up giving NIU a great chance at one of the great upsets in college football history. Alas, NIU isn't a good enough team to accept the gift and convert it. Don't they teach clock management anymore at those off season coaching boondoggles?
It was mind boggling. I'd love to hear an explanations
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

whatwouldcooleydo?

the guy 6 seconds in, in the #55 jersey, is my fave

whatwouldcooleydo?

brings to mind this classic

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

They should feel bad simply for wearing shirts and ties to a football game

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

Zip City wrote:They should feel bad simply for wearing shirts and ties to a football game
Thank you.

God, I hate that shit. It's at least 25% of why I hate the SEC. It's football, not a prom.

In other news: fuck the 2015 college football season.

whatwouldcooleydo?

Zip City wrote:They should feel bad simply for wearing shirts and ties to a football game
They should be drawn & quartered for wearing shirts and ties to a football game

fixed it for you

brstigerfan

Post by brstigerfan »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote: Heels will be lucky to win three more games all year, so I have to enjoy days like this when they come around

Do you really think that? Y'all should have beaten SC, and I think there's talent on that roster. Hood is one of the best backs in the country, and I can't imagine the schedule is THAT difficult. Surely UNC can string together 6 or 7 wins can't they?

whatwouldcooleydo?

brstigerfan wrote:
whatwouldcooleydo? wrote: Heels will be lucky to win three more games all year, so I have to enjoy days like this when they come around

Do you really think that? Y'all should have beaten SC, and I think there's talent on that roster. Hood is one of the best backs in the country, and I can't imagine the schedule is THAT difficult. Surely UNC can string together 6 or 7 wins can't they?
To be honest I really didn't put much thought into that. I did say 3 more wins, so with the 2 they already have that would be 5 total, not far off from your 6 or 7.

So I just looked at their remaining schedule--(1) they should beat Delaware and Wake, (2) have no idea what State is like so no guess as to the outcome of that one, and (3) the rest looks rough--GA Tech, UVA, Pitt, dook, Miami, and VA Tech. So now after putting a little thought into it, they might be lucky to reach 6 wins.

brstigerfan

Post by brstigerfan »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:
brstigerfan wrote:

To be honest I really didn't put much thought into that. I did say 3 more wins, so with the 2 they already have that would be 5 total, not far off from your 6 or 7.

So I just looked at their remaining schedule--(1) they should beat Delaware and Wake, (2) have no idea what State is like so no guess as to the outcome of that one, and (3) the rest looks rough--GA Tech, UVA, Pitt, dook, Miami, and VA Tech. So now after putting a little thought into it, they might be lucky to reach 6 wins.
oh wow, I just misread your post...the one that I quoted. Monday morning I guess.
yea, 3 more is probably abot it. I think UNC will win one of that last stretch you mentioned.

whatwouldcooleydo?

brstigerfan wrote:oh wow, I just misread your post...the one that I quoted. Monday morning I guess.
yea, 3 more is probably abot it. I think UNC will win one of that last stretch you mentioned.
No problem, we all do it. Of that last stretch I don't know much about Pitt this year so who knows, maybe they get that one

Them blowing it against South Carolina still stings

dime in the gutter

Post by dime in the gutter »

suck it gusbus.

whatwouldcooleydo?

bless her heart

dime in the gutter

how long is saban gonna let kiffin drunk drive his offense?

or is it just sketchy qb play?

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

dime in the gutter wrote:how long is saban gonna let kiffin drunk drive his offense?

Saban has never developed an NFL QB. It's his one glaring weakness

whatwouldcooleydo?

Zip City wrote:Saban has never developed an NFL QB. It's his one glaring weakness
there is also this

dime in the gutter

Zip City wrote:
dime in the gutter wrote:how long is saban gonna let kiffin drunk drive his offense?

Saban has never developed an NFL QB. It's his one glaring weakness
he doesn't need to in order to win. bammer wins with smart/heady qb play.

TW_2.0

Post by TW_2.0 »

I think it's a combination of both.

Although, the QB play is what concerns me more than his play calling.

I do think, however, that he needs to realize he does not have Blake and Amari this year, so he must adjust the play calling.

Now there are rumors today that he banged Saban's daughter, banged a booster's wife and that he is leaving to become the Illinois HC.

This is the stupid shit that happens when Alabama loses one game.

Worst. Fanbase. Ever.
I can't dance a lick but sometimes I can flat rock and roll

whatwouldcooleydo?

brstigerfan wrote:
whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:

oh wow, I just misread your post...the one that I quoted. Monday morning I guess.
Well, you were right about winning one from the last stretch, as the Heels overcame a 21-0 deficit in Atlanta to be GA Tech. Big win, they needed it. Even sweeter since they were on the ropes and ripe to be KOed but they turned it around.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Another year, another overrated Georgia team

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

Zip City wrote:Another year, another overrated Georgia team
It's literally every year.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Iowan wrote:
It's why they shouldn't have any polls until after Week 6

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

Zip City wrote:
Iowan wrote:
It's why they shouldn't have any polls until after Week 6
I can't imagine a certain conference would appreciate that.