Reefer

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Re: Reefer

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

So someone passed me a bowl last night and I took one hit and was nearly down for the count. Holy god. It's clear that I can no longer abide by mystery weed.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:So someone passed me a bowl last night and I took one hit and was nearly down for the count. Holy god. It's clear that I can no longer abide by mystery weed.

:lol:
“Excited people get on daddy’s nerves.” - M. Cooley

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Random thought; is Reefer Madness the most influential film of all time? The attititudes that were pushed by that film have taken a long, long time to turn back around.

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:Random thought; is Reefer Madness the most influential film of all time? The attititudes that were pushed by that film have taken a long, long time to turn back around.

I'd go with Birth of a Nation, myself, or maybe Triumph of the Will. I'm pretty sure it was influential (Fun Fact about ME: I still own thirteen percent of one of the clearest, most complete prints of Reefer Madness--made triple my money back on one showing, which kind of frosted my dad, who told me it was a stupid way to spend fifteen bucks--if I can ever track down my college buddy who has possession of it), but given that most of the people who saw it were laughing, I'm not sure which way the influence went, all told. (Or is it all tolled? I've long wondered about that.)
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Well there is no doubt that one way or another we are all tolled, but the espression is all told.

Jim&Jewell

Post by Jim&Jewell »

I am just glad that have been blessed to live to see the day that the right thing is starting to happen. The spark finally became a small flame. Or a vapor as the case may be. I was attending a music event very recently and saw something profound. Someone I just finished smoking a joint with was paranoid about lighting a cigarette! He made more of an effort to hide the cigarette. I am so glad I gave up cigarettes.!
Can you tell me how to tell when I've had enough?

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:So someone passed me a bowl last night and I took one hit and was nearly down for the count. Holy god. It's clear that I can no longer abide by mystery weed.

OMG! The stuff that was floating around this weekend. The Dazed was completely out of control. Pimps, hookers and dealers claiming they had whatever we wanted.
and the rest as they say is uh er uh, well somebodies history somewhere?

Flea

Post by Flea »

Jim&Jewell wrote: I am so glad I gave up cigarettes.!

Second that emotion. Only smoking Mother Nature's finest gift since giving up cigs on 12-24-2008.
Now it's dark.

Beebs

Post by Beebs »

Erkelian Star Dog

Did I do that?

Yes you did.
Beebs is not a ragey man

Markalanbishop

Post by Markalanbishop »

First a one boob limit and now a one hit limit?
Kick out the jams motherfuckers.

Swamp

Post by Swamp »

Tried some girl scout cookies over the weekend.
Could hardly move for about an hour. :D
and the rest as they say is uh er uh, well somebodies history somewhere?

TW_2.0

Post by TW_2.0 »

Sour OG
I can't dance a lick but sometimes I can flat rock and roll

Kudzu Guillotine

Post by Kudzu Guillotine »

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

Flea

Post by Flea »

Cannabis use likely triggered fatal complications that led to the deaths of two men with underlying health conditions, according to scientists in Germany.

Somewhat misleading headline. The doobie MAY have acted as a catalyst in the death of one dude with an underlying and previously undetected serious heart problem, and the other guy was a drunk crackhead tweeker. Just the media looking for a story where there is none; move along, folks.
Now it's dark.

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

Flea wrote:

Cannabis use likely triggered fatal complications that led to the deaths of two men with underlying health conditions, according to scientists in Germany.

Somewhat misleading headline. The doobie MAY have acted as a catalyst in the death of one dude with an underlying and previously undetected serious heart problem, and the other guy was a drunk crackhead tweeker. Just the media looking for a story where there is none; move along, folks.

I've had a pot brownie that made me think I was having a fucking heart attack and I'm a seasoned pothead.

Beebs

Post by Beebs »

bovine knievel wrote:I've had a pot brownie that made me think I was having a fucking heart attack and I'm a seasoned pothead.

Smoking too much generally will make you giggle yourself to sleep. Eating too much can send you on a very bad trip. I never consume anything I didn't prepare myself and then only after a test run to get a feel for potency.

A friend just told me a story about eating a brownie in the airport. A friend had sent her home with one and she got sketched out about flying with it at the last minute. She missed her flight and spent the rest of the day in the airport bathroom trying to get her shit together.
Beebs is not a ragey man

Lone Wolf1

Post by Lone Wolf1 »

bovine knievel wrote:
I've had a pot brownie that made me think I was having a fucking heart attack and I'm a seasoned pothead.
2 years ago a friend of mine ate a brownie he had made just before a DBT show in Asheville. he had to leave before the opener even cuz he felt like that. he's smoked pot daily for about 40 years

allisonsdc
Site Admin

Post by allisonsdc »

Citing Joke, Annapolis Police Chief Testifies That Pot Killed 37 People On The First Day Of Legalization In Colorado

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jacobsullum/2014/02/25/citing-joke-annapolis-police-chief-testifies-that-pot-killed-37-people-on-the-first-day-of-legalization-in-colorado/

oh, man.
I keep it all together for the sake of the kids.

cortez the killer

Post by cortez the killer »

bovine knievel wrote:
Flea wrote:

Brings to mind honey slides.
You are entitled to your opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts.
- DPM

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Many years ago a grower of my acquaintance decided to make some hash. For giggles he also decided to use the by-product (used weed) to make butter for use in cooking. Now, because the butter took on very little color, and he had gotten quite a bit of hash out of the process, he assumed it was bunk and put it in my freezer saying he didn't want to mess with it. Fast forward a year or two and another member of this board and I, decidedly weed-less at the time, thought we would try this butter and make some brownies. We figured they wouldn't do much but figured they might give us a mild buzz. We were going to a Phil Lesh show in Chicago and took some brownies with us. When we parked the car we grabbed the brownies and, since we thought they would be mild, ate two or three each. About half an hour later we were at the Riviera Theater in Chicago holding on to the railings at the bar for dear life. My heart was racing and I've never felt quite that rough from THC. Honestly I'm not sure I've had a (special) brownie since.

RolanK
Location: drivin' home early Sunday morning through Bakersfield

Post by RolanK »

I get real sick from inhaling smoke, being it regular tobacco or weed. So, back in the days I tried making a Pizza with a "magic" Moroccan ingredient in the tomato sauce.
Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

Not sure where to put this because it is definitely more dessert than reefer but i did spike it with some kief.

Made this earlier....
Homemade Jalapeño Nut Brittle

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

It's been awhile since I've been able to partake, due to work, but eating weed always completely fucked me up beyond the point of it being fun.

Also, the point in time when the effects would kick in was always completely unpredictable. Not for me at all. I probably only did that 2 or 3 times and decided to stick to joints.

But I was always a weed lightweight anyway.

GW in IA

Post by GW in IA »

Weed lightweight.

I should get that printed on a t shirt or something ;)

You remember that first time you got ripped on tequila/jagermeister/whiskey? You know back when you were in your teens? That's how I am almost every time I smoke. (which is of course rarely), and I'm in my 40's .
Reluctantly, our hero rises to the day, with a moan and a curse to an absent God.

Hud

Post by Hud »

GW in IA wrote:Weed lightweight.

I should get that printed on a t shirt or something ;)

You remember that first time you got ripped on tequila/jagermeister/whiskey? You know back when you were in your teens? That's how I am almost every time I smoke. (which is of course rarely), and I'm in my 40's .

Sounds like fun!
I've seen my future and I'm scared to close my eyes

TW_2.0

Post by TW_2.0 »

I can't dance a lick but sometimes I can flat rock and roll

Flea

Post by Flea »

Reckon everyone is indisposed today.
Now it's dark.

TW_2.0