Polar Vortex wtf???

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

beantownbubba

Re: Polar Vortex wtf???

Post by beantownbubba »

Just for a change of pace, it's snowing again.

I grabbed the last 2 bags of sand from home depot. There's no salt anywhere, I don't think.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Clams

Post by Clams »

beantownbubba wrote:Just for a change of pace, it's snowing again.

I grabbed the last 2 bags of sand from home depot. There's no salt anywhere, I don't think.

You shouldn't use salt anyway, Bubba. It's bad shit. It runs off into streams and it's also bad for your dog's feet. Just sayin.
Last edited by Clams on Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you don't run you rust

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Wait, there's no salt, in Boston? Have you changed the name of your state to Georgia?

ducking and running... :mrgreen:
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:

Wait, there's no salt, in Boston? Have you changed the name of your state to Georgia?

ducking and running... :mrgreen:

The difference is that here the salt is in the hands (and sidewalks and driveways) of the people, not nowhere.

Clams to the extent possible we use the fake stuff that's supposedly better for the environment, dogs or both, but frankly i'll take what i can get right now. I'm not even sure "they" sell real salt anymore but as far as i know everyone still calls it salt.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

beantownbubba wrote:
During the winter we park all 3 cars in our driveway, which slopes down from the street. We've shoveled out the drive, of course. But it's iced over and the other 2 cars are stuck, no traction at all. Triple AAA will show up some time today.

On the driveway vs. where?
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Most of the products used to melt ice are some kind of salt, although not always sodium chloride. The pet safe products are usually primarily potassium chloride. Almost all of them have some kind of "salt".

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Zip City wrote:
beantownbubba wrote:
During the winter we park all 3 cars in our driveway, which slopes down from the street. We've shoveled out the drive, of course. But it's iced over and the other 2 cars are stuck, no traction at all. Triple AAA will show up some time today.

On the driveway vs. where?

On the street and "our little secret space" which is half on the sidewalk, half on the street between 2 trees and which has for some reason been allowed by the town for years even before we bought this house. During the winter, there's no parking allowed on the streets but our secret space still works for reasons unbeknownst to me. But for various logistical reasons, the worse the weather is the better it is for us to squeeze all 3 cars into the driveway.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Do you not have a garage ?

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

If I'm really going to be criticized for using salt in whatever formulation and by whatever name I'm just not going to listen because, well, because I don't give a fuck.

Zip City wrote:Do you not have a garage ?

Nope.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

beantownbubba wrote:If I'm really going to be criticized for using salt in whatever formulation and by whatever name I'm just not going to listen because, well, because I don't give a fuck.

Nope.

Driveway leading to nothing? Crazy I tells ya

sg207

Post by sg207 »

beantownbubba wrote:If I'm really going to be criticized for using salt in whatever formulation and by whatever name I'm just not going to listen because, well, because I don't give a fuck.

Nope.

You use what you need, Bubba. I support you.
Just put the goddamn record on and enjoy it

Clams

Post by Clams »

I haven't used an ounce of salt in years. We just walk carefully when necessary. Bubba, you're gonna be responsible for killing all the fish and fucking up your dog's pads!!

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Clams wrote:I haven't used an ounce of salt in years. We just walk carefully when necessary. Bubba, you're gonna be responsible for killing all the fish and fucking up your dog's pads!!

And what about the people who are older than you or who don't walk as carefully as you? They're much more likely to fall, break a hip and sue me than the fish are. Or the dog. And we spend plenty of time cleaning the dog's paws. She hasn't complained yet. And anyway we don't even have any salt.

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

beantownbubba wrote:
Clams wrote:I haven't used an ounce of salt in years. We just walk carefully when necessary. Bubba, you're gonna be responsible for killing all the fish and fucking up your dog's pads!!

And what about the people who are older than you or who don't walk as carefully as you? They're much more likely to fall, break a hip and sue me than the fish are. Or the dog. And we spend plenty of time cleaning the dog's paws. She hasn't complained yet. And anyway we don't even have any salt.

Yet it's getting rubbed into wounds right and left here. It's like Lot's wife meets the bread and the fishes.

I myself recommend using warm organic brine to de-ice driveways. It's commonly found as a by-product of pissing contests. ;-)
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

Clams

Post by Clams »

beantownbubba wrote:And what about the people who are older than you or who don't walk as carefully as you?

Fuck em!! The whole damn neighborhood's an ice rink anyway!! :lol:

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

John A Arkansawyer wrote:I myself recommend using warm organic brine to de-ice driveways. It's commonly found as a by-product of pissing contests. ;-)

My uncle whips it out and pees wherever he would like, parking lots, backyard parties, driveways, you name it. It's his thing. I'm sure you could hire him to stand around the driveway and piss. I think he'd work cheap.

brstigerfan

Post by brstigerfan »

It's not even been a full week since an ice storm basically shut down my part of South Carolina. I still had ice and snow in shaded areas around my house this morning. It is currently 79 degrees though. 8-) Unreal. I prefer this to the polar vortex stuff.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

brstigerfan wrote:It's not even been a full week since an ice storm basically shut down my part of South Carolina. I still had ice and snow in shaded areas around my house this morning. It is currently 79 degrees though. 8-) Unreal. I prefer this to the polar vortex stuff.

yep it's 70 in Mississippi.

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:
John A Arkansawyer wrote:I myself recommend using warm organic brine to de-ice driveways. It's commonly found as a by-product of pissing contests. ;-)

My uncle whips it out and pees wherever he would like, parking lots, backyard parties, driveways, you name it. It's his thing. I'm sure you could hire him to stand around the driveway and piss. I think he'd work cheap.

I like this man already.

John A Arkansawyer

Tequila Cowboy wrote:

Ideally, I'd pay him in beer. Circle of Life, people, Circle of Life!
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

pearlysnaps

Post by pearlysnaps »

John A Arkansawyer wrote:
Tequila Cowboy wrote:

Ideally, I'd pay him in beer. Circle of Life, people, Circle of Life!

My thoughts exactly, John. And I'd gladly hire this man. Gladly. Hell, I'd even drink and pee with him. Wait, is that creepy? Or just being efficient?

Slipkid42

Post by Slipkid42 »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:

Reason #1 (and maybe the only reason) why it's better to be a male is that the world is our urinal.
A thousand clusterfucks will not kill my tiny light

Given to Fly

Post by Given to Fly »

We are on day three of temps in the 40's. (western 'burbs of Chicago) Had a thunderstorm roll in early am. Streets were closed due to flooding. Getting the kids to school was a bit of a chore.
Pouring rain right now. Still can't see the grass/bushes anywhere. My best friend right now is the sump pump.

Kudzu Guillotine

Post by Kudzu Guillotine »

Going to enjoy the hell out of those upper 60's and low 70's temps the weather folks are calling for this weekend.

The 'Polar Vortex' Is Coming Back. Again.

one belt loop

Post by one belt loop »

Sunny and 75 in Walnut Creek today!
Matt playing like an evil motherfucker w/ rhythm with a capital MPLAEMWR.

- bubba

John A Arkansawyer

A beautiful day in Arkansaw for delivering Girl Scout cookies in our short sleeves.

Clams

Post by Clams »

Another 3 inches of snow last night and tonight it's going down to near 0 degrees. March, my ass!

Beebs

Post by Beebs »

There's a wampa outside.
Beebs is not a ragey man

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

2 days ago: 60 degrees
Today: Snowing. Again. :evil: