4th of July plans...

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Swamp

Re: 4th of July plans...

Post by Swamp »

Yeah but Myron gets embarressd too easily. :lol:
and the rest as they say is uh er uh, well somebodies history somewhere?

The Black Canary

Post by The Black Canary »

They are having Toby Keith as one of the head liners for the 4th. OMG he is just a big ol' jar of old butt juice!!!! He is such a what is that word BTB, yes poser. Preacher about America, the poor, God etc...but then he gives guys crap about their service in Nam!!!!

Penny Lane

Post by Penny Lane »

The Black Canary wrote:They are having Toby Keith as one of the head liners for the 4th. OMG he is just a big ol' jar of old butt juice!!!! He is such a what is that word BTB, yes poser. Preacher about America, the poor, God etc...but then he gives guys crap about their service in Nam!!!!

okay i know nothing about toby keith but why does everyone hate him (other than the story about he and KK)? i don't think i've ever heard one of his songs except the patriotic one...
In my blood, there's gasoline..

The Black Canary

Penny Lane wrote:
The Black Canary wrote:They are having Toby Keith as one of the head liners for the 4th. OMG he is just a big ol' jar of old butt juice!!!! He is such a what is that word BTB, yes poser. Preacher about America, the poor, God etc...but then he gives guys crap about their service in Nam!!!!

okay i know nothing about toby keith but why does everyone hate him (other than the story about he and KK)? i don't think i've ever heard one of his songs except the patriotic one...

He is a hypocrit big time. He talked smack to Kris Kristoferson!!!! at a show, something to the effect of "how did you like cashing your payckeck for killing babies in Nam" he is just a big D****bag!!!!

Beebs

Post by Beebs »

Toby Keith did to country music what pantyhose did to finger bangin'
Beebs is not a ragey man

Penny Lane

Post by Penny Lane »

Beebs--lol--love that quote

but OTHER than the KK story, why do people hate him? his music? pop country's been around forever so i still don't understand...

The Black Canary

Penny Lane wrote:Beebs--lol--love that quote

but OTHER than the KK story, why do people hate him? his music? pop country's been around forever so i still don't understand...

The actor claims that he witnessed a heated exchange, during which an unnamed artist (whom he strongly hints was Keith) warned Kristofferson not to perform "none of that lefty s--- out there tonight" and to "tone it down." Hawke claims the country legend snapped back at the other musician, "What the f--- did you just say to me? ... You ever worn your country's uniform? ... The answer is, 'No, you have not ... You don't know what the hell you are talking about!'"

Penny Lane

Post by Penny Lane »

The Black Canary wrote:

The actor claims that he witnessed a heated exchange, during which an unnamed artist (whom he strongly hints was Keith) warned Kristofferson not to perform "none of that lefty s--- out there tonight" and to "tone it down." Hawke claims the country legend snapped back at the other musician, "What the f--- did you just say to me? ... You ever worn your country's uniform? ... The answer is, 'No, you have not ... You don't know what the hell you are talking about!'"

Yes, i know that story (which he denies and his name has never been given, i mean i'm sure it's him but..)....other than that, what do people hate about him (and his cheesy music)..

The Black Canary

Penny Lane wrote:
The Black Canary wrote:

Yes, i know that story (which he denies and his name has never been given, i mean i'm sure it's him but..)....other than that, what do people hate about him (and his cheesy music)..

There is just something about him, the flag waving at times is too much, the I am a former NFL player, I am a Country G*d, he is just ICK!!!

Cotter

Post by Cotter »

gettin drunk, going fishing, then to the bar I bet, then tryin to talk gals into taking their tops off
This is like asking me to dance to the sound of wolves mauling a reindeer.

The Black Canary

Sneaky wrote:gettin drunk, going fishing, then to the bar I bet, then tryin to talk gals into taking their tops off

Wait till Sturgis in August, you will be seeing boob-a-palozza!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

wrekkr

Post by wrekkr »

Sneaky wrote:gettin drunk, going fishing, then to the bar I bet, then tryin to talk gals into taking their tops off

. . .and hopefully more than just their shirts :twisted: :mrgreen: their just might be a little extra fun around this weekend too!

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

Willie Nelson's 4th of July Picnic has been live on SiriusXM all day. Sounds and smells like a good time.
“Excited people get on daddy’s nerves.” - M. Cooley

Erdlivz

Post by Erdlivz »

Beebs wrote:Toby Keith did to country music what pantyhose did to finger bangin'

I think I just pissed my pants. Make a shirt and I'll buy 12 of them.

Clams

Post by Clams »

Having some cocktails, just sparked up the grill, listening to Women Without Whiskey and wearing my new madras shorts. 8-)
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Clams wrote:Having some cocktails, just sparked up the grill, listening to Women Without Whiskey and wearing my new madras shorts. 8-)

When did you convert?
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Clams

Post by Clams »

:lol:
beantownbubba wrote:
Clams wrote:Having some cocktails, just sparked up the grill, listening to Women Without Whiskey and wearing my new madras shorts. 8-)

When did you convert?
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

The Black Canary

Well I have had a very good weekend. Recouping now, but it was well worth being stupid for 48 hours!!!

So I hit next door. House full of middle aged men whose wives have either just left, just filed, they can't see their kids because they are away on vacation etc...

So as I am sitting there in my state of really frckn happy, I say hey "this is the bubble of niceness, anyone who can't follow the rules has to leave the deck for a time out!!" It was too cool, everyone just laughed. We decided right then and there that all the minutia that was in our lives would be left at the property line!!!! We had a great mellow weekend and when someone did miss behave the guys were really cool about getting a time out.

So a bunch of people who just thought it would be another suck ass weekend actually ended up having a really good time, bbq, turned the guys onto DBT. We had a blast. Playing it by ear worked totally great this weekend!!!

I hope every had a fabulous, fun and safe weekend. Enjoy the rest of today, for tomorrow we tango!!! :lol:

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

Well, I'm in a dilemma...

Had planned to stay home for the weekend and relax but my brother calls to invite me over to the coast. Apparently, the ocean is as calm as it's been all year. Might just have to make the trip over the hill.

I wish everybody a safe and sound holiday weekend.
“Excited people get on daddy’s nerves.” - M. Cooley

Smarty Jones

Post by Smarty Jones »

Cookout, corn hole, homemade ice cream and a spectacular display of illegal fireworks. Yes.
SMITH: Either I'm dead right or I'm crazy!
SEN: You wouldn't care to put that to a vote, Senator?

Erdlivz

Post by Erdlivz »

I'm not gonna lie. I read through this and when I got to Beebs comment about Toby Keith and Pantyhose/finger bangin'...I realized it was 2010.

Happy 4th Freaks!

BBQ and Cornhole tonight.
BBQ and a new game (possibly better than Cornhole) called Wang tomorrow.
Wrigleyville and Centro-matic on Sunday.
BBQ, Fireworks, Bad Festival Cover Bands and "The Shakes."

njMark

Post by njMark »

working 4 12 hour shifts this weekend, but i get to watch the fireworks from my job.

lynne

Post by lynne »

njMark wrote:working 4 12 hour shifts this weekend, but i get to watch the fireworks from my job.

That stinks :cry:
I just want to stay in that better time and place....

inman_trucker

Post by inman_trucker »

Two week camping trip to Huntington Beach State Park begins tomorrow! Will spend the 4th on the beach with lots of cold beer, then back to the campsite for grilled burgers and dogs, and a fireworks show over Murrells Inlet to end the night. Happy 4th to all you guys, and be safe!
the price of bein' sober is bein' scared out of your mind....

WoodDuck

Post by WoodDuck »

Work for a little while tomorrow then Braves-Orioles tomorrow night. Fireworks after.

Patterson solo at the Melting Point Sunday night.

Fireworks, booze and buds on Monday! And hopefully some sorta grillin' action.

Happy 4th weekend! :mrgreen:

GW in IA

Post by GW in IA »

Been helping the wife set up for the yearly 4th of July garage sale...

God how I hate garage sales.

But then beer, and a fireworks show off the beach.
Reluctantly, our hero rises to the day, with a moan and a curse to an absent God.

LuthierJustin

Post by LuthierJustin »

The 4th of July is the biggest hypocrite day of the year for most people. They spend 1 day of the year celebrating freedom and the rest of the days begging for more government. Its just sad
LJ: 3DD's resident hipster

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

lynne wrote:
njMark wrote:working 4 12 hour shifts this weekend, but i get to watch the fireworks from my job.

That stinks :cry:

Literally :lol:
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Erdlivz

Post by Erdlivz »

LuthierJustin wrote:The 4th of July is the biggest hypocrite day of the year for most people. They spend 1 day of the year celebrating freedom and the rest of the days begging for more government. Its just sad

Sounds like you need some "freedom fries" with your burger. ;)

4sooner

Post by 4sooner »

LuthierJustin wrote:The 4th of July is the biggest hypocrite day of the year for most people. They spend 1 day of the year celebrating freedom and the rest of the days begging for more government. Its just sad

:roll:
(insert "Debbie Downer" sound effect)