rumors can be true?

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

dime in the gutter

Re: rumors can be true?

Post by dime in the gutter »

i heard slept w/courtney love.

LuthierJustin

Post by LuthierJustin »

dime in the gutter wrote:i heard slept w/courtney love.

who didn't?
LJ: 3DD's resident hipster

RevMatt

Post by RevMatt »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:
garnersound wrote:
sg207 wrote:I seem to recall a story from a recording about a hotel front desk guy, and for some reason, I distinctly remember the term, "fucktarded" being included. But I could be confused.

i not saying my facts are concrete by any means, i was just told a version of the story by someone who was sorta close @ the time.
i'm sill blown the fuck away that courtney love was the lead singer of faith no more and on a grateful album cover.....

"Look at all these rumors running me everyday
I just need some time some time to get away from all these rumors
I can't take it no more."

Her dad, Hank Harrison, was part of the Dead family for most of the time she was growing up. Live with Phil Lesh for years. Wrote a Dead biography. Of course he truly believes Courtney murdered Kurt so I don't think family reunions happen much.

As screwed up a person as Courtney Love is, I don't think there is any chance whatsoever that she murdred Kurt. The fact that her father would perpetuate such a rumor only makes me sympathetic towards Courtney. I understand how she got screwed up. I mean, as parents all of us are going to do things to screw up our kids without even meaning to. But it looks like this guy went out of his way to figure out new ways to screw up his daughter. No wonder she doesn't have "walking around sense." Look at the idiot she had as a father.
I have nowhere else to go. There is no demand in the priesthood for elderly drug addicts

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

RevMatt wrote:
julianrch wrote:i might get knocked down for making this thread because its silly but thats too bad if so, because what else are discussion boards for.

1. Cooley is related to Spade Cooley? wasnt it on wikipedia at one time?

According to Spade Cooley's wikipedia entry, Spade Cooley, the self-proclaimed "King of Western Swing" is Cooley's grandfather. If this is true, Cooley's grandmother would be Spade Cooley's first wife, not his second wife Ella Mae Evans, as that marriage produced only a daughter. Spade Cooley and his first wife were divorced in the early 1940's. Spade Cooley murdered his second wife, Ella Mae Evans, in 1961.

I've never seen any other source indicating that Cooley's grandfather is Spade Cooley. Wikipedia entries are not considered admissible in a court of law, as they fall under the legal definition of hearsay. It could be that Spade Cooley is a great uncle, but as the Mike Cooley legend has grown over the years the story has changed to where The Stroker Ace is now a direct descendent of the "King of Western Swing."

From Homedrone
Flagpole's Music Blog
American Girl Summer
Drive-By Truckers Opening for Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers - -Part 1

Patterson wrote:Cain’s is a nearly 80-year old venue that for years was home to Bob Wills and The Texas Playboys. It has a bouncy floor and huge portraits of Wills, Spade Cooley (the murderous western swing artist rumored on Wikipedia to be Mike Cooley’s Grandfather. He isn’t.), Roy Acuff and Roy Rogers. It oozes history and is a wonderful place to throw down a Rock Show.
“Excited people get on daddy’s nerves.” - M. Cooley

RevMatt

Post by RevMatt »

Thought about posting this, but figured someone else would.
I have nowhere else to go. There is no demand in the priesthood for elderly drug addicts