Which City Should I Move To?

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

sg207

Re: Which City Should I Move To?

Post by sg207 »

Lexington is certainly lacking, but you would also only be 1.5 hours from Louisville and Cincinnati, which both have some decent offerings as well. And midwest living is much cheaper than the east coast. I was damn close to moving to the Philly area back in November, but the cost of housing, even 1-1.5 hours away, was so much higher than where I am now, it was hard to believe.

Best of luck with the decision, every place you mentioned has some definite positives.

And in the grand scheme of things, if you're just looking to rent, you can always pack up in another year and try someplace else if you end up hating your first choice.
Just put the goddamn record on and enjoy it

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

Birmingham gets a bad rap, but it's got a great (growing) music & arts scene. Plus you wouldn't find better medical care than UAB.
E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

blackwll

Post by blackwll »

How about Richmond or Charlottesville, VA?

"Two or eight lanes,
It's just another town"

- Cooley, Marry Me

Can't believe no one beat me to it. Some truth there.

RevMatt

Post by RevMatt »

Looks like Lexington is out of the mix. My gf is "not that into me", at least not enough to be excited by the idea of me visiting more than once a month.
blackwll wrote:How about Richmond or Charlottesville, VA?

"Two or eight lanes,
It's just another town"

- Cooley, Marry Me

Can't believe no one beat me to it. Some truth there.

I don't have the Cooley philosophy -- there's nothing different on the other side of the mountain, no matter where you go there you are, etc... -- when it comes to cities. I guess I am more like Patterson and need to be in a place where there are other people like me. I spent fifteen years as Pastor Happy; Dockers, golf shirts, sweaters, normal looking haircuts, pretending to like that crappy contemporary Christian music that is worse than Muzak. It damn near killed me. Aside from the constant pain and rather precarious health I am the happiest I've been in almost thirty years. I cannot live some place where I am treated like the token hippie or where people who have accomplished far less in terms of education, art and life experience treat me with condescension. I might look like the type of person who has done nothing but bong hits in my mother's basement for the past forty years but anyone who knows me knows I am nothing of the sort. The hell with what the squares think. They can go to Disneyland. I'm going to Athens.
I have nowhere else to go. There is no demand in the priesthood for elderly drug addicts

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

RevMatt wrote: The hell with what the squares think. They can go to Disneyland. I'm going to Athens.

Right on Rev. Right on.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

psychobillycadillac

Post by psychobillycadillac »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:
RevMatt wrote: The hell with what the squares think. They can go to Disneyland. I'm going to Athens.

Right on Rev. Right on.

Hell yeah! Well said :)

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

Not that it matters to ya but its my opinion that you made the right call. I was silently rooting for ya.
A single shot rifle and a one eyed dog.

Van

Post by Van »

Athens!!! Good for you Rev! Happy for you.

lynne

Post by lynne »

Athens is my "happy place". One of these days.... Congrats on the choice Rev.
I just want to stay in that better time and place....

Howlinwolf

Post by Howlinwolf »

Congrats Rev Matt - let me know if I can assit you in anyway....You are going to LOVE IT!!!! Rock on brother.....