What's Everyone Drinking?

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

cortez the killer

Re: What's Everyone Drinking?

Post by cortez the killer »

Zip City wrote:
cortez the killer wrote:
Zip City wrote:Wow, what's gotten into cortez's craw tonight? Snark city....

Low tolerance for dorks I guess.

no one's forcing you to keep coming back here

Touche. But there are some people I will come back for. In the meantime, when they aren't here, dart practice on the dorks I guess.
You are entitled to your opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts.
- DPM

joelle

Post by joelle »

Gator McKlusky

Post by Gator McKlusky »

Stay classy Cortez.
Looks like a bunch of little whiny fucksticks to me

joelle

Post by joelle »

Clams wrote:
cortez the killer wrote:Good to see that Joelle has somehow become the "gin expert" of this board.

I consider her an expert in several areas, absolutely.

absolutely not.
i am expert of nothing and i like that way.
thanks though!

mgsooner

Post by mgsooner »

Clams

Post by Clams »

bovine knievel wrote:
Gator McKlusky wrote:I was paying 5 dollars for a Sierra Nevada pint last week at a local establishment. I think a six pack at Publix is about 7.99.

to keep on keeping on... :D
$7.99 in Floriduh seems fair to me. $5 a pint!? Ouch.

You guys have no idea how lucky you are that you can go into a convenience store or supermarket and buy a 6 pack. PA has easily the most backwards ass liquor laws in the country. Beer can only be sold at (a) beer distributors where state law says you must buy by the case or (b) bars or restaurants which are usually dark and dingy and where they sell 6 packs of Bud cans for $12 or $15. Now I have no problem drinking Bud or the like but come on. Wine and liquor are subject to similar restrictions as they can only be sold in state run liquor stores. So no beer or wine in supermarkets or convenience stores. If you want some beer and a bottle of wine for the weekend, you have to go to the liquor store and the beer distributor and invest in a full case, which means trying out a 6 pack of this or that is out of the question. And if you want to make a beer or liquor run after business hours you're SOL. It's possibly the worst thing about living in PA.
If you don't run you rust

Clams

Post by Clams »

Zip City wrote:
Clams wrote:You guys have no idea how lucky you are that you can go into a convenience store or supermarket and buy a 6 pack. PA has easily the most backwards ass liquor laws in the country. Beer can only be sold at (a) beer distributors where state law says you must buy by the case or (b) bars or restaurants which are usually dark and dingy and where they sell 6 packs of Bud cans for $12 or $15. Now I have no problem drinking Bud or the like but come on. Wine and liquor are subject to similar restrictions as they can only be sold in state run liquor stores. So no beer or wine in supermarkets or convenience stores. If you want some beer and a bottle of wine for the weekend, you have to go to the liquor store and the beer distributor and invest in a full case, which means trying out a 6 pack of this or that is out of the question. And if you want to make a beer or liquor run after business hours you're SOL. It's possibly the worst thing about living in PA.

that's slowly changing. Sheetz convenience stores are now selling beer (not liquor), so that's a small step in the right direction. I think Wegman's can sell wine now too. But yeah, it generally sucks that you have to go to a distributor or a bottle shop just to get some brew

Very slowly. I think the only exception right now is for a handful of supermarkets or convenience stores that also have a seated restaurant area. And I believe it's just beer, not wine. Anyway, there aren't any of those places near me.
If you don't run you rust

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

Well up until last year, our county was a "semi-dry" county, which meant beer was sold but it had to be sold "hot" (unrefrigerated) and although just about every gas station would offer a free bag of ice if you bought a case, if you got caught with the beer on ice it's a $100 fine per beer, or they give you the option of pouring every beer out. The law didn't apply to liquor (which was on available in very limited hours at the ABC store) or wine/wine coolers, which were sold cold.
E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

mgsooner

Post by mgsooner »

In Oklahoma all beer/wine coolers/wine sold in convenience/grocery stores can be no more than 3.2% ABV. No spirits sold in convenience/groceries. To get "high point" beer, wine and spirits you must go to a liquor store. Nothing can be sold cold, and they cannot sell any "convenience" items which means you can't even buy a corkscrew at the liquor store. I will put Oklahoma's ridiculous ass liquor laws up against any other state in the union. By the way liquor stores by law are closed on sundays and all holidays. So if you get a sudden hankerin for a beer on sunday you're drinking 3.2% bud light piss water or nothing.

Beebs

Post by Beebs »

Been an absolute shit week and it's time to get right with the universe. Got 12 of these and a few dozen Maine steamers on deck for the evening.

Lawn chair is to ass, as hand is to beer.
Beebs is not a ragey man

littlemamma

Post by littlemamma »

Beeble, I'm sorry you had a shit week. You should vent in the NC.

I am a stupid ass who took a job working 45-50 hours a week for pretty low pay and am now re-evaluating my sitch-eee-ashun.
I will see your ass in chair and ease the back down for a tits up with a glass of vino. T-minus 2 hours to get right.
NSFW

FlounderinDC

Post by FlounderinDC »

Miller light. If I want a cheap, easy, watered down domestic, this is my choice.

joelle

Post by joelle »

FlounderinDC wrote:Miller light. If I want a cheap, easy, watered down domestic, this is my choice.

cheers
go with what you got there!

as for me
after a 3.5hour (30 mile ) drive in a torrential downpour, thunder hail high wind storm
whiskey. neat. jameson.

Flood18

Post by Flood18 »

a little 90 min Dogfish Head IPA

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

Just purchased one of these and had the first batch this morning! I highly recommend.

Toddy Cold Brew System

"(The Toddy) is the ultimate coffee maker."
                    -The Washington Post

Now you can create a 'coffeehouse' coffee - served steaming hot or iced cold, and in the comfort of your home - for much less than expensive signature coffee drinks!

As important as those fresh roasted beans are to your cup of coffee, it's what you do with them that counts the most.

In 1964, as a chemical engineering graduate of Cornell, Todd Simpson developed and patented a cold brew system that, using regular coffee beans, creates a superior-tasting cup of steaming HOT coffee. And, with 67% LESS ACID than coffee made by conventional hot brew methods, it's easier on sensitive stomachs.

The Toddy coffee maker extracts the coffee bean's true delicious flavor and eliminates much of the acidity, producing a bold, super-smooth coffee that can be served one cup at a time.

The Toddy brewer is also ideal for making tea - served hot or over ice.
“Excited people get on daddy’s nerves.” - M. Cooley

whatwouldcooleydo?

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

bovine knievel wrote:
Gator McKlusky wrote:I was paying 5 dollars for a Sierra Nevada pint last week at a local establishment. I think a six pack at Publix is about 7.99.

to keep on keeping on... :D
$7.99 in Floriduh seems fair to me. $5 a pint!? Ouch.

there's a store near my house selling all Sierra Nevada six-packs right now for $5.49
Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

whatwouldcooleydo?

mgsooner wrote:In Oklahoma all beer/wine coolers/wine sold in convenience/grocery stores can be no more than 3.2% ABV. No spirits sold in convenience/groceries. To get "high point" beer, wine and spirits you must go to a liquor store. Nothing can be sold cold, and they cannot sell any "convenience" items which means you can't even buy a corkscrew at the liquor store. I will put Oklahoma's ridiculous ass liquor laws up against any other state in the union. By the way liquor stores by law are closed on sundays and all holidays. So if you get a sudden hankerin for a beer on sunday you're drinking 3.2% bud light piss water or nothing.

further proof that God hates Oklahoma :lol:

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:
mgsooner wrote:In Oklahoma all beer/wine coolers/wine sold in convenience/grocery stores can be no more than 3.2% ABV. No spirits sold in convenience/groceries. To get "high point" beer, wine and spirits you must go to a liquor store. Nothing can be sold cold, and they cannot sell any "convenience" items which means you can't even buy a corkscrew at the liquor store. I will put Oklahoma's ridiculous ass liquor laws up against any other state in the union. By the way liquor stores by law are closed on sundays and all holidays. So if you get a sudden hankerin for a beer on sunday you're drinking 3.2% bud light piss water or nothing.

looks like a nice place to visit! :D

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

bovine knievel wrote:
whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:

looks like a nice place to visit! :D

Yes because although God may indeed hate Oklahoma s mgsooner says, God loves cleavage. :D
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

whatwouldcooleydo?

who doesn't love cleavage?

She's probably from Texas anyway :lol:

UTHeathen

Post by UTHeathen »

I'm having a tasty margarita right now and realizing that Utah liquor laws aren't nearly as bass-ackwards as they are in a lot of other places. Sure, we still have to go to state run liquor stores to get booze, wine, wine coolers and "hi-point" beer, at room temp no less, but at least we got rid of the ridiculous "private club" laws so anyone of age can now go into a club and get a mixed drink without having to buy a membership. We can get 3.2 beer at any grocery store or convenience store, chilled no less, and high alcohol micro brews at the brewery stores. All this typing has made me work up a powerful thirst!

whatwouldcooleydo?

UTHeathen wrote:I'm having a tasty margarita right now and realizing that Utah liquor laws aren't nearly as bass-ackwards as they are in a lot of other places. Sure, we still have to go to state run liquor stores to get booze, wine, wine coolers and "hi-point" beer, at room temp no less, but at least we got rid of the ridiculous "private club" laws so anyone of age can now go into a club and get a mixed drink without having to buy a membership. We can get 3.2 beer at any grocery store or convenience store, chilled no less, and high alcohol micro brews at the brewery stores. All this typing has made me work up a powerful thirst!

slake that thirst! We started with Gin & tonics, had a bottle of Shiraz with dinner, now I think I'm gonna have to have at least a beer or two..... get prepared, gonna be a party tonight, hey uh huh, it's Saturday night, y'all!

WoodDuck

Post by WoodDuck »

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

Sierra Nevada Torpedo

Jeremy

Post by Jeremy »

Great summer beer recipe: Take 2 tecates and pour in pitcher. Add to pitcher 1.5 cups of homemade limeade(.5 cups of fresh lime juice, 1 cup water and 4 tsp of sugar). Take a pint glass and put salt(not table salt, use sea salt or margarita salt) around the top(wet glass to make stick). Fill glass with ice and pour in mixture. Its damn good especially when its damn hot outside and great at the beach.

But my main drink this summer has been:

alicedmillionaire

Post by alicedmillionaire »

Beebs

Post by Beebs »

Beebs is not a ragey man

FlounderinDC

Post by FlounderinDC »

Miller light...ran out of Fat Tire last night...damn!

'Scratch

Post by 'Scratch »

Not forever, just for now.

Flood18

Post by Flood18 »

Sierra Nevada Southern Hemisphere
George Dickel