Explosions at Boston Marathon Finish Line

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Beebs

Re: Explosions at Boston Marathon Finish Line

Post by Beebs »

Wow. The things you don't get.

One more time....

You're not retarded?
Beebs is not a ragey man

dime in the gutter

Post by dime in the gutter »

lj, your shit is fucked up.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

LuthierJustin wrote:Go on then, pay for it out of your own pocket, you won't do it hypocrite

You know the people of Boston, and those partial to that city have been through a hell of a week. Frankly the rest of have too. Is it necessary to be a prick to people at a time when emotions are running this high? I honestly don't know what you get out of this but I'm not inclined to let you continue to berate people during this turbulent time. Decide how you want to proceed very cautiously.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

LastLawson

Post by LastLawson »

LuthierJustin wrote:Go on then, pay for it out of your own pocket, you won't do it hypocrite

All by himself? Each taxpayer will pay very little to keep him alive. And it's worth it for closure for the families and for useful information that might stop future events like this.

Glad that everyone from 3DD is safe and that this is finally over.
Heading to HC Friday and Saturday - first timer!

LuthierJustin

Post by LuthierJustin »

LastLawson wrote:

All by himself? Each taxpayer will pay very little to keep him alive. And it's worth it for closure for the families and for useful information that might stop future events like this.

Bullet 38¢ or what ever, keeping the piece of shit, who KILLED 4? people injured over 100 others, alive it'll cost we'll over a million dollars. He is not worth that much, just kill him and get it over with, one less piece of trash.
LJ: 3DD's resident hipster

Beebs

Post by Beebs »

They were so busy speculating about how many flash bangs were used during the Pontoon Boat of Terror situation that they forgot to tell us about the bag slapping thunderstorm that just rolled through. Power just came back on. I feel so safe.
Beebs is not a ragey man

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Enough LJ. Your opinion is known.

cortez the killer

Post by cortez the killer »

Nice to see LJ smear his shit all over this thread. Somewhere, Pulled Pork & ballsdeep are grinning ear-to-ear.
You are entitled to your opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts.
- DPM

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

He's banned for a week. Any shit when he comes back and he's gone for good.

cortez the killer

- DPM

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

LuthierJustin wrote:
LastLawson wrote:

Bullet 38¢ or what ever, keeping the piece of shit, who KILLED 4? people injured over 100 others, alive it'll cost we'll over a million dollars. He is not worth that much, just kill him and get it over with, one less piece of trash.

Hey look, the Constitutional scholar wants to shit all over this kid's rights to a fair trial. Last time I checked, he was a suspect, not proven guilty.

Tequila Cowboy wrote:He's banned for a week. Any shit when he comes back and he's gone for good.

Hope he can still read this
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

cortez the killer

Martin Richard, 8, of Dorchester; Krystle M. Campbell, 29, of Arlington, and Lingzi Lu, 23, of Shenyang, China were killed in the bombings Monday. MIT Police Officer Sean Collier, 26, of Somerville was killed Thursday night.
- DPM

Beebs

Post by Beebs »

Beebs is not a ragey man

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Dear LJ,

It would be dishonest of me to say that anything u post surprises or offends me. I'm well past that. But your attempt to gild your misanthropy, stupidity, complete lack of understanding of, well, pretty much everything and just plain meanness into some kind of manifesto of budgetary discipline is simply pathetic, to say nothing of intellectually dishonest and morally bankrupt.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Steve French

Post by Steve French »

beantownbubba wrote:Dear LJ,

It would be dishonest of me to say that anything u post surprises or offends me. I'm well past that. But your attempt to gild your misanthropy, stupidity, complete lack of understanding of, well, pretty much everything and just plain meanness into some kind of manifesto of budgetary discipline is simply pathetic, to say nothing of intellectually dishonest and morally bankrupt.

hear hear!

Also pleased this shit is over for now. The euphemism over here (and the UK) is that he is "helping the police with their enquiries". He's 19, so a few years at Gitmo being bled of any useful intel, then 70+ long years in a 6 x 6. works for me. Nothing will bring those people back unfortunately.
I've never taken a pissbreak during a DBT show but if I had it would have been during Dancing Ricky.

StevieRay
Location: A rougher ride but I saw more interesting people there

Post by StevieRay »

Steve French wrote:...a few years at Gitmo being bled of any useful intel

In fact he won't go to Guantanamo Bay. This is Boston.

"The Part I took in Defence of Cptn. Preston and the Soldiers, procured me Anxiety, and Obloquy enough. It was, however, one of the most gallant, generous, manly and disinterested Actions of my whole Life, and one of the best Pieces of Service I ever rendered my Country. Judgment of Death against those Soldiers would have been as foul a Stain upon this Country as the Executions of the Quakers or Witches, anciently." - John Adams, March 5, 1773 (three years after he successfully defended in court the British Soldiers who took part in The Boston Massacre)

Even LJ's rights to offend are protected here.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

StevieRay wrote:
Steve French wrote:...a few years at Gitmo being bled of any useful intel

In fact he won't go to Guantanamo Bay. This is Boston.

"The Part I took in Defence of Cptn. Preston and the Soldiers, procured me Anxiety, and Obloquy enough. It was, however, one of the most gallant, generous, manly and disinterested Actions of my whole Life, and one of the best Pieces of Service I ever rendered my Country. Judgment of Death against those Soldiers would have been as foul a Stain upon this Country as the Executions of the Quakers or Witches, anciently." - John Adams, March 5, 1773 (three years after he successfully defended in court the British Soldiers who took part in The Boston Massacre)

Even LJ's rights to offend are protected here.

Well, proud as I am of Boston's history of defending individual rights and liberties, let's also acknowledge that the suspect has not been given a Miranda warning or any of the rights described/guaranteed by the warning.

There are a million questions still open at this point, and these aren't the biggest or most important ones, but they're puzzling me:

What were the circumstances that led to the killing of the MIT officer and why the heck did they do that?

The "second shootout", the one that occurred at about 6:15 pm around the boat where Tsarnaev was hiding was described as an "exchange of gunfire." What happened there? There were an awful lot of shots fired - did they all miss Tsarnaev? Was he really shooting back (and did he shoot first)?

I've read that the boat owner didn't just see blood, he actually peeled back the tarp and saw Tsarnaev. Presumably Tsarnaev saw him, too, unless he was unconscious. So if he didn't plan on surrendering or killing himself, why didn't he try to run? If he couldn't run, the way the end game played out seems even stranger.

Even if the Tsarnaevs planned to resume their normal lives after the Marathon bombing, perhaps as a way of deflecting suspicion, by Wednesday they must have realized the enormity of the search and the unlikelihood of remaining undiscovered. Given the way events played out, they still had over 24 hours when they could have run w/out detection. So why didn't they?

SPECULATION: Given the mysterious circumstances at MIT and the fact that they hung around for several days after the bombing, isn't it most likely that they planned to plant more bombs and were perhaps in the act of planting one at MIT when Officer Collier came into their orbit?

cortez the killer

Some amazing photos from yesterday's events:
- DPM

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Beginning of Red Sox pregame ceremony: Jeff Buckley's version of "Hallelujah" accompanied by a fabulous goose bump raising photo montage. Sox wearing "B Strong" patches on their uniforms. The Red Sox are amazing at getting this kind of thing right.

Great pics Cortez.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

It's like something out of Hollywood. From the outside, it's nearly impossible to believe
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

This is incredible. You're going to be seeing these clips all over the 'net and airwaves for some time to come. Wonderful stuff. I wonder who wrote that speech?

cortez the killer

Watching now. Very powerful stuff.
- DPM

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

The Hoyts??!!!! Probably won't mean much to anyone not familiar w/ the Marathon and its history but this is an unbelievably perfect touch. The Hoyts are truly an enduring symbol of the Marathon, determination, hope, what have you. When I used to attend the Marathon I ALWAYS waited for the Hoyts to pass before leaving.

cortez the killer

David Ortiz to the crowd - "This is our fucking city!" :lol:
- DPM

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Who and what else but the return of Big Papi, to say nothing of his, ummm, inspirational speech.

Incredible emotion and energy. Gotta be tough to play the game after that.

BostonREB

Post by BostonREB »

What a fucking hell of a week its been. I'm still processing it that's for sure. I've been damn impressed with my adopted hometown and its Police in particular. Although having now lived through the MOVE thing in Philly in the 80s and now this, I'm thinking about some country living. Christ!

For the record, LJ, my friends, is why my ass doesn't venture into the politics thread. Misanthrope.

And LJ, just... ... just fucking stop.
Send lawyers, guns and money....

BostonREB

Post by BostonREB »

beantownbubba wrote:Who and what else but the return of Big Papi, to say nothing of his, ummm, inspirational speech.

Incredible emotion and energy. Gotta be tough to play the game after that.

For those who haven't seen it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iW2BMwbuJqE&feature=share

Awesome moment. I was waiting to hear Papi go all Tony Montana on the captured terrorist.
Send lawyers, guns and money....

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

Thank God the guy has been found.

Yall might have posted it or talked about it already but there was a clip of the National Anthem at a hockey game in which the crowd drowned out the singer singing along.

Absolutely fantastic. I was not in the country during the days following 9/11 so I didn't expereince the solidarity in the country during that period.

My hope is that we learn from the "aftermath" and do not repeat it. What I mean is, right now, America feels pretty united and we are all glad our neighbors in Boston are ok. Right now people seem to have set aside whatever petty political squabbles there are (with a few exceptions obviously) and are just Americans who are glad the good guys one. Not conservatives and liberals or republicans or democrats or anything like that. Just Americans who are all Bostonians in spirit right now too.

I know "normal" life will return to some degree. But I hope we take something good from something awful and we don't go back to the hatfieled and mccoy crap that had turned into such an ingrained sickness after the post 9/11 solidarity wore off.

God bless us all. Let's look out for each other and try and keep the small stuff in perspective.
A single shot rifle and a one eyed dog.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

The Sox capped off the day right w/ an exciting well played come from behind win.* Papi got the first RBI which was only fitting, and had a chance to win the game. It was disappointing that he didn't but it made Nava's HR all the sweeter. Plus Neil Diamond paying his own way to Fenway and just showing up, saying "I want to sing Sweet Caroline" - gotta give the guy full credit for that one, even if you think that song or that particular tradition represent the death of western civilization. :D

*And had they lost it would have been incredibly deflating/depressing. They kinda sorta HAD to win this game.