Sad day in Athens

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Cole Younger

Sad day in Athens

Post by Cole Younger »

Well, my beloved Sanford Stadium, home of my University of Georgia Bulldawgs in our Athens, has decided to play host to the two headed cheese monster of "country" music; Luke Bryan and Jason Aldean.

This is the first time a concert has ever been played in Sanford Stadium and it's going to be these two. :roll:

So for a first concert, it could have any number of great bands. Widespread Panic could easily fill the 92,000 + seat stdium. R.E.M. certainly could have when they were together.

But no.

And there are tons of folks from right around here who are talking about how great it is. A bunch of them are going up there tonight and some left yesterday.

They are acting the way I feel when I'm headed up there to see the Truckers except, they're going to hear really bad music.

I know it will create a bunch of revenue for Athens and the school, but...I wish it was somebody else.
A single shot rifle and a one eyed dog.

bovine knievel

Re: Sad day in Athens

Post by bovine knievel »

“Excited people get on daddy’s nerves.” - M. Cooley

rlipps

Post by rlipps »

Serious question: you think Panic could sell out a 92,000 seat stadium?

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

rlipps wrote:Serious question: you think Panic could sell out a 92,000 seat stadium?

Saw them at the cavernous Phillips Arena and it was full. Not sure how many it holds but it's big.

Why do you not believe they could? Either way they would have been a better choice.

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

Nevermind. Just googled it. Wow. I thought Phillips was A LOT bigger than that. It sure feels like it when you're in there.

I guess not. They still would have been a better choice than those two clowns.

tinnitus photography

Post by tinnitus photography »

bovine knievel wrote:Image

can someone arrange for a micro-drone attack?

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

tinnitus photography wrote:
bovine knievel wrote:Image

can someone arrange for a micro-drone attack?

For real.

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

It gets worse...

“Excited people get on daddy’s nerves.” - M. Cooley

one belt loop

Post by one belt loop »

There may be a lot of ass-wagging, but he's no Jon Hamm, that's for sure.

Matt playing like an evil motherfucker w/ rhythm with a capital MPLAEMWR.

- bubba

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

I'm sorry CY. It sounds bad but I have to admit that the fact that I have no idea who those people are makes me glad.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:I'm sorry CY. It sounds bad but I have to admit that the fact that I have no idea who those people are makes me glad.

If you truly are unaware of thest two no talent clowns I envy you.

LuthierJustin

Post by LuthierJustin »

I was so sick about this lastnight, all the people on Facebook saying "I wish I was in Athens tonight". What a redneck shitfest
LJ: 3DD's resident hipster

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

LuthierJustin wrote:I was so sick about this lastnight, all the people on Facebook saying "I wish I was in Athens tonight". What a redneck shitfest

I'm with you that it was a festival of crap. But nothing particularly redneck about it. Most of the poeple that I know who were all excited about it are what I call Southern yuppies. The guys drive brand new pick ups but would die before they let them get them dirty and their back windows are nearly completely filled with stickers advertising, Yeti coolers (no redneck has the money or is foolish enough to drop $400.00 on a cooler. especially since it's gonna probably be in the backof his truck taking a beating during a work day.), Costa Del Mar sunglasses, (again. no redneck is gonna spend or can spend hundreds of dollars on a pair of sunglasses. I personally would be too worried about them falling off or me dropping them in the pond while I was fishing.), or Salt Life fishing apparrel(not too many of us have the money to go on big expensive salt water fishing trips and if we can get one up, we'll just wear regular clothes rather than special, expensive fishing gear).

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

Cole Younger wrote:Most of the poeple that I know who were all excited about it are what I call Southern yuppies.

Hm. Suppies? Soupies? Or does "asshole" cover it all?

Cole Younger wrote:The guys drive brand new pick ups but would die before they let them get them dirty...

Why, yes. Yes, it does.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

WoodDuck

Post by WoodDuck »

Much agreed, but hoping this opens the door for future shows at Sanford.

Hey errbody! :mrgreen:

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

WoodDuck wrote:Much agreed, but hoping this opens the door for future shows at Sanford.

The return of the Duck!!

Hello Duck.

We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

John A, I'll go with choice number three. I hate to be like that but sometimes you just have to call it what it is.

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

WoodDuck wrote:Much agreed, but hoping this opens the door for future shows at Sanford.

Greg McGarity (athletic director) said that they would have more concerts there in the future. If we could use better judgement about who plays I would be all for it.

brett27295

Post by brett27295 »

I'm not even sure who Luke Bryan and Jason Aldean are, but then again I don't know a thing about contemporary country music...well, I know who Taylor Swift is lol.
Turn you demons into walls of goddamned noise and sound.

Erdlivz

Post by Erdlivz »

Will this show of utterly lame magnitude drop the Dawgs out of the top 10 in preseason rankings?

Athens Joe

Post by Athens Joe »

Erdlivz wrote:Will this show of utterly lame magnitude drop the Dawgs out of the top 10 in preseason rankings?

No, the traditional five or six off-season arrests that are probably just around the corner will do that for them.

WSPDBT

Post by WSPDBT »

bovine knievel wrote:It gets worse...

Keep posting these because I love them lol!! I love country music I like Luke Bryan, but Jason Aldean is craptastic
I understand why UGA did it though. Both claim to be from GA. Still I'd rather see WSP.
The Dude Abides

Steve French

Post by Steve French »

Cole Younger wrote:
LuthierJustin wrote:I was so sick about this lastnight, all the people on Facebook saying "I wish I was in Athens tonight". What a redneck shitfest

I'm with you that it was a festival of crap. But nothing particularly redneck about it. Most of the poeple that I know who were all excited about it are what I call Southern yuppies. The guys drive brand new pick ups but would die before they let them get them dirty and their back windows are nearly completely filled with stickers advertising, Yeti coolers (no redneck has the money or is foolish enough to drop $400.00 on a cooler. especially since it's gonna probably be in the backof his truck taking a beating during a work day.), Costa Del Mar sunglasses, (again. no redneck is gonna spend or can spend hundreds of dollars on a pair of sunglasses. I personally would be too worried about them falling off or me dropping them in the pond while I was fishing.), or Salt Life fishing apparrel(not too many of us have the money to go on big expensive salt water fishing trips and if we can get one up, we'll just wear regular clothes rather than special, expensive fishing gear).

In my misty eyed view of the south, pickup truck rear windows should be filled with confederate flags, gun racks and/or hound dogs, or all three. Source: I watch a lot of TV.

I am with TC though I had never heard of these chumps. those gifs are disturbing.
I've never taken a pissbreak during a DBT show but if I had it would have been during Dancing Ricky.

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

Athens Joe wrote:
Erdlivz wrote:Will this show of utterly lame magnitude drop the Dawgs out of the top 10 in preseason rankings?

No, the traditional five or six off-season arrests that are probably just around the corner will do that for them.

Shhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Got my fingers crossed that it doesn't happen this year.

*(I have my prediction set at three. Two starters and one new arrival. :evil: )

Erdlivz

Post by Erdlivz »

Athens Joe wrote:

Shitballs. Where's Damon Evans when you need him?!

WoodDuck

Post by WoodDuck »

:lol:

blackwll

Post by blackwll »

Cole Younger wrote:

Greg McGarity (athletic director) said that they would have more concerts there in the future. If we could use better judgement about who plays I would be all for it.

DBT opening for Widespread and the Crowes! One can dream.

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

^^ No opening slots for DBT. They're just not made to be openers.
E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.