college football 2013

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

cortez the killer

Re: college football 2013

Post by cortez the killer »

In this posturing environment that brings out the worst narcissist in all of us, without the benefit of reall human interaction (and all the telling, expressive body language/posturing that real life affords), I think you & I are in actual agreement, bubba.

You are entitled to your opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts.
- DPM

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

cortez the killer wrote:In this posturing environment that brings out the worst narcissist in all of us, without the benefit of reall human interaction (and all the telling, expressive body language/posturing that real life affords), I think you & I are in actual agreement, bubba.

Best post ever :D Image

edited to add "cheers"
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

4sooner

Post by 4sooner »

http://deadspin.com/?refId=220826

quite an article about sketchy dna

dime in the gutter

Post by dime in the gutter »

johnny football eating ass.

mgsooner

Post by mgsooner »

Not sure how many games I'll be able to make it to this season, but I am ready for some Sooner football. My expectations are rather low for this season, in fact I have predicted no less than four losses, but it's a hell of a good excuse to hang out with some old friends and drink some cold ones. I know this - come hell or high water I'll be at the state fair of Texas in October for OU-Texas.

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

mgsooner wrote:Not sure how many games I'll be able to make it to this season, but I am ready for some Sooner football. My expectations are rather low for this season, in fact I have predicted no less than four losses, but it's a hell of a good excuse to hang out with some old friends and drink some cold ones. I know this - come hell or high water I'll be at the state fair of Texas in October for OU-Texas.

I'm very curious as to what the Belldozer playing QB is going to look like.

I wish you guys were in Ames this year. We might have a fighting chance. As it is, I expect college football's most lopsided rivalry to get more lopsided.

mgsooner

Post by mgsooner »

Iowan wrote:
mgsooner wrote:Not sure how many games I'll be able to make it to this season, but I am ready for some Sooner football. My expectations are rather low for this season, in fact I have predicted no less than four losses, but it's a hell of a good excuse to hang out with some old friends and drink some cold ones. I know this - come hell or high water I'll be at the state fair of Texas in October for OU-Texas.

I wish you guys were in Ames this year. We might have a fighting chance. As it is, I expect college football's most lopsided rivalry to get more lopsided.

I have a feeling we see more than just Blake Bell playing QB at OU this year.

I also have a feeling this could be Baylor's year. They've got a favorable schedule, and the league is wide open. If they stay healthy, watch out.

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

mgsooner wrote:
Iowan wrote:

I have a feeling we see more than just Blake Bell playing QB at OU this year.

I also have a feeling this could be Baylor's year. They've got a favorable schedule, and the league is wide open. If they stay healthy, watch out.

I'm not buying Baylor. They still don't have a defense, and the pre-season hyping of Bryce Petty is insane. They'll be solid, but I don't see them winning the Big 12.

I was picking TCU before these recent defections. I've never seen the league this wide open. It's going to be a fun year in flyover country.

cortez the killer

Dannyboy Cane all over this story.
- DPM

cortez the killer

- DPM

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

What do our resident Sooners think about this?

http://www.sbnation.com/college-footbal ... blake-bell

I can't say I'm all that surprised.

cortez the killer

dime in the gutter wrote:Image
jen bielema flashing the peace sign.

woo pig sooie

- DPM

dime in the gutter

les and kathy miles.

cortez the killer

Les & Erin
- DPM

dime in the gutter

getting pumped. looks to be a wide open race with a shit tons of great games to be played.

gonna have to be bad asses to stand up to this gauntlet.

2013....expect les.

i love college football.

fuck you to all the teams on our schedule.

brstigerfan

Post by brstigerfan »

dime in the gutter wrote:getting pumped. looks to be a wide open race with a shit tons of great games to be played.

gonna have to be bad asses to stand up to this gauntlet.

2013....expect les.

i love college football.

fuck you to all the teams on our schedule.

I love this. fuck you to all the teams on our schedule
Alabama and A&M in back to back weeks. Ouch. I'll be pulling for 'em. The group of LSU fans we tailgated next to at the Peach bowl in Atlanta were great. They shared King Cake, and we shared moonshine. LSU will always be my SEC team from here out.

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

Saturday is a long god damned time away.

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

Iowan wrote:Saturday is a long god damned time away.

I only have to wait until Thursday. Go Dogs!
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

So begins the season of me hating that I work EVERY Saturday and Sunday. I usually DVR the Penn State game (and the Bears game) and hope no one tells me the score before I can watch on delay.
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Fascinating piece on Nick Saban in GQ:

Nick Saban: Sympathy for the Devil
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

Clams

Post by Clams »

Get pumped
If you don't run you rust

porkulator

Post by porkulator »

cortez the killer wrote:
dime in the gutter wrote:Image
jen bielema flashing the peace sign.

woo pig sooie

WOOO PIG SOOOIE!
WORD!
Living in fear's just another way of dying before your time.

mhc

Post by mhc »

Dez Bryant, dinner with Prime Time Deion Sanders- suspended most of year
OSU players gets tats, suspension, coach fired, bowl ban.
Johnny Football signs thousands of memorabilia, Denies getting paid, half a game suspension.
NCAA consistency at work
"I wonder who gets the donkey"
Clams

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

mhc wrote:Dez Bryant, dinner with Prime Time Deion Sanders- suspended most of year
OSU players gets tats, suspension, coach fired, bowl ban.
Johnny Football signs thousands of memorabilia, Denies getting paid, half a game suspension.
NCAA consistency at work

Seems reasonable.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

The headline on ESPN was along the lines of "Manziel Suspended for Half". I absolutely positively thought that meant half a season. Good thing I clicked on the link!

I'm sure many electrons will give their lives to hash this one out over and over again, but I have nothing to add. As they used to say in Rome a couple of thousand years ago, res ipsa loquitur. The thing speaks for itself. Loud and maybe not so clear, but clear enough.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

beantownbubba wrote:The headline on ESPN was along the lines of "Manziel Suspended for Half". I absolutely positively thought that meant half a season. Good thing I clicked on the link!

I'm sure many electrons will give their lives to hash this one out over and over again, but I have nothing to add. As they used to say in Rome a couple of thousand years ago, res ipsa loquitur. The thing speaks for itself. Loud and maybe not so clear, but clear enough.

There are no winners here. Every single person/organization involved with this story comes out looking ridiculous. Even the penalty of sitting out the first half is comical. Want to know why? Because in a story from two weeks ago Texas A&M coach Kevin Sumlin stated that Manziel would play one half against Rice. So now that he's suspended for the first half he'll play the second half instead. So stupid.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:
beantownbubba wrote:The headline on ESPN was along the lines of "Manziel Suspended for Half". I absolutely positively thought that meant half a season. Good thing I clicked on the link!

There are no winners here. Every single person/organization involved with this story comes out looking ridiculous. Even the penalty of sitting out the first half is comical. Want to know why? Because in a story from two weeks ago Texas A&M coach Kevin Sumlin stated that Manziel would play one half against Rice. So now that he's suspended for the first half he'll play the second half instead. So stupid.

Like I said, one can analyze this to death and the targets are easy, almost too easy. So, exercising restraint yet unable to keep my fingers entirely still, wouldn't you love to have been a fly on the wall when the powers that be discussed and decided upon this "penalty"? I mean who said what; what was the clinching argument that had them going "yeah! that's it!"? Did they realize that they would be a laughingstock? Do they care?

Of course one could analyze this in classic bully terms:

Manziel's parents: rich, white, sophisticated or at least able to hire sophisticated people on their behalf and they've already shown that they're willing to fight back.
Anyone want to guess about Pryor's parents? Bryant's?

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

I tried to work up an angry post about the disparity of the NCAA and how it favors certain powerful entities with seemingly no regard for any kind of consistency and almost jumps through hoops to contradict previous rulings it's made, but then I just threw in the damn towel.

Res ipsa loquitur.

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

Looking forward to TCU/LSU. Should be a bloodbath.

Go Big 12.