your 5 favorite things RIGHT NOW

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

John A Arkansawyer

Re: your 5 favorite things RIGHT NOW

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

Flea wrote:
disgruntledgoat wrote:Injecting some much needed positivity into my week

1. I'm inching towards a book deal! Raising the prospect of an end to strip lit corporate hell!
2. It's about sports!
3. My cycling season starts on Sunday!
4. Pancake party with my cycling buddies on Saturday!
5. The collected works of Lucero!

Is it safe to Google "pancake party" with the wife in the room?
That depends. Whose wife are you with? And in which room?
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

4sooner

Post by 4sooner »

1. Ophelia
2. Sayge
3. First
4. Grandchild
5. Perfectly Healthy
Born Friday 4/22/16

John A Arkansawyer

4sooner wrote:1. Ophelia
2. Sayge
3. First
4. Grandchild
5. Perfectly Healthy
Born Friday 4/22/16
It's been three days. Were you busy or something? By which I mean, Congratulations!
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

2. Sayge
3. First
4. Grandchild
5. Perfectly Healthy
Born Friday 4/22/16
Mazel tov!! :D
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

2. Sayge
3. First
4. Grandchild
5. Perfectly Healthy
Born Friday 4/22/16
Congratulations!! Lots of HeAthen grandpas lately.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

disgruntledgoat

Post by disgruntledgoat »

1. I'm inching towards a book deal! Raising the prospect of an end to strip lit corporate hell!
2. It's about sports!
Oh man, this seems a long time ago. Book came out, writing it almost killed me, it did not change my life to any significant degree (other than giving me the taste for more). I'm still in strip lit corporate hell, I have a VERY complicated relationship with my best friend, I think I may be on the verge of breaking up with my wife and I'm going to therapy tomorrow.

So that went well.

Beebs

Post by Beebs »

disgruntledgoat wrote:

2. It's about sports!
Oh man, this seems a long time ago. Book came out, writing it almost killed me, it did not change my life to any significant degree (other than giving me the taste for more). I'm still in strip lit corporate hell, I have a VERY complicated relationship with my best friend, I think I may be on the verge of breaking up with my wife and I'm going to therapy tomorrow.

So that went well.
Yeah, but how's the cycling going?
Beebs is not a ragey man

disgruntledgoat

Post by disgruntledgoat »

Beebs wrote:
disgruntledgoat wrote:

2. It's about sports!

So that went well.
Yeah, but how's the cycling going?
er... I achieved nothing I'd set out to this season and the lack of time to train has seen me stack on 5lbs. I'll be back. On all fronts. I don't know what's going to change, but something has to!

Beebs

Post by Beebs »

disgruntledgoat wrote: I achieved nothing I'd set out to this season and the lack of time to train has seen me stack on 5lbs.
I hear ya brother. I was full of piss and vinegar this spring but a little plantar fasciitis put me right in my place.

We're gonna crush it next year. I can feel it.
Beebs is not a ragey man

blessedcurse

Post by blessedcurse »

1. seeing DBT this Saturday night;
2. with the same buddies I first saw DBT with almost 10 years ago;
3. long overdue road trip with said brothers in arms;
4. My boy being ranked number 2 defenceman for his age group (13/14) by our minor hockey association;
5. Being a dad
Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them. - Thoreau

blessedcurse

Post by blessedcurse »

wow...hard to believe that I was the last one to post in this thread and that it was 7 months ago.

I wish I knew how to post pictures here...my favourite things all boil down to my boy and his year on the ice. remember the first season of Friday Night Lights? When they win the state championship. Well,this past weekend, my son's team won the Provincial title at the highest level of hockey for his age group (Bantam). Fast, skilled and intense matches. A season in which they played 72 games in a mix of league and tournaments - they won 58 of them, tied 6 and lost 8. It was a special group of selfless boys who played hard for each other.

I missed Homecoming and the chance to follow the Euro-tour, but my gawd, my boy is now this incredible little man and I got to spend so much time with him on the road this year to witness this beautiful evolution. Proud would be an understatement...I simply cannot imagine anything better than being little big man's dad.

Just thought I would share...
Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them. - Thoreau

dime in the gutter

Post by dime in the gutter »

very cool.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

blessedcurse wrote:wow...hard to believe that I was the last one to post in this thread and that it was 7 months ago.

I wish I knew how to post pictures here...my favourite things all boil down to my boy and his year on the ice. remember the first season of Friday Night Lights? When they win the state championship. Well,this past weekend, my son's team won the Provincial title at the highest level of hockey for his age group (Bantam). Fast, skilled and intense matches. A season in which they played 72 games in a mix of league and tournaments - they won 58 of them, tied 6 and lost 8. It was a special group of selfless boys who played hard for each other.

I missed Homecoming and the chance to follow the Euro-tour, but my gawd, my boy is now this incredible little man and I got to spend so much time with him on the road this year to witness this beautiful evolution. Proud would be an understatement...I simply cannot imagine anything better than being little big man's dad.

Awesome.
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

4sooner

Post by 4sooner »

blessedcurse wrote:wow...hard to believe that I was the last one to post in this thread and that it was 7 months ago.

Absolutely awesome!
There is nothing better than seeing your kid compete. Enjoy these times.

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

Cool
Always go to the show

Clams

Post by Clams »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:

Awesome.
x2 and I can relate. My son's finishing up his junior year in high school and we are presently up in State College, PA where I'm showing him around the Penn State campus. Tomorrow we're gonna top off the trip with a half day of fly fishing on nearby Spring Creek. Good times all around.
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

Flea

Post by Flea »

Clams wrote: x2 and I can relate. My son's finishing up his junior year in high school and we are presently up in State College, PA where I'm showing him around the Penn State campus. Tomorrow we're gonna top off the trip with a half day of fly fishing on nearby Spring Creek. Good times all around.
Don't let him out of your site if you venture near the athletic facilities.
Now it's dark.

Clams

Post by Clams »

Flea wrote:
Clams wrote: x2 and I can relate. My son's finishing up his junior year in high school and we are presently up in State College, PA where I'm showing him around the Penn State campus. Tomorrow we're gonna top off the trip with a half day of fly fishing on nearby Spring Creek. Good times all around.
Don't let him out of your site if you venture near the athletic facilities.
Not funny, dude.
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

John A Arkansawyer

Clams wrote:Not funny, dude.
Hey, you're the one who brought up fly fishing.

blessedcurse

Post by blessedcurse »

Clams wrote:
Tequila Cowboy wrote:

Awesome.
x2 and I can relate. My son's finishing up his junior year in high school and we are presently up in State College, PA where I'm showing him around the Penn State campus. Tomorrow we're gonna top off the trip with a half day of fly fishing on nearby Spring Creek. Good times all around.
Enjoy the day Clams!!

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Fantastic! :D If you're gonna miss Homecoming AND a european tour it's great that it was for a special reason(s) like this. Congrats all the way around.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard