NFL 2010

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

Slipkid42

Re: NFL 2010

Post by Slipkid42 »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:Randy Moss waived. Can this NFL season get any stranger?

TC - I'm thinkin' the Redskins bringin' in J. Russell for a look-see, to replace an 'out of condition' McNabb is stranger still.
A thousand clusterfucks will not kill my tiny light

Erdlivz

Post by Erdlivz »

Slipkid42 wrote:

TC - I'm thinkin' the Redskins bringin' in J. Russell for a look-see, to replace an 'out of condition' McNabb is stranger still.

Hell, the Bears should work Russell out on the O-Line.

Slipkid42

Post by Slipkid42 »

Erdlivz wrote:
Slipkid42 wrote:

Hell, the Bears should work Russell out on the O-Line.

Good one (and so true). Just heard on sports talk that the Bears & Skins might swap QBs in the off season. Cutler behind Washington's O-line, where he gets to face the G-men twice a year seems scary. McNabb behind Chicago's turnstiles, seems just as ludicrous. These 2 teams are among the worst at protecting the QB, and have few receiving threats. They don't have much of a running game either. but somehow they think that QB is the problem. Wash. doesn't even have many draft picks to play with. It's pretty sad when the average fan could out GM most of these guys.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

I guess this was one of those any given sundays. Pats got their butts thoroughly kicked. As good and balanced as they were last week, they were equally bad in all phases this week. That Peyton Hillis guy is very, very impressive, and the Browns may have found themselves a QB, too. McCoy looked like he belonged for sure.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

The Bears pull one out against the worst team in the NFL. All hail and rejoice. :?
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

olwiggum
Site Admin

Post by olwiggum »

If McCoy isn't named the Browns starter over Wallace or Delhomme, then Mangini has lost his damn mind.

Cotter

Post by Cotter »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:The Bears pull one out against the worst team in the NFL. All hail and rejoice. :?

Yeah, we've been talking about it at work today.

The Bear's AREN'T the worst team in the league!! Just 3 pts BETTER than the worst team!

LOL!

GO BEARS!!! (you still suck!!)
This is like asking me to dance to the sound of wolves mauling a reindeer.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Well there wasn't much doubt that Wade Phillips had to go, and now he's gone. Good luck, Jason Garrett. You'll need it.

Fool No Where

Post by Fool No Where »

Cotter wrote: The Bear's AREN'T the worst team in the league!! Just 3 pts BETTER than the worst team!

Pretty sure the worst team in the league was on the field at lamb blow last night.
Having a broken heart wears you out.

pearlysnaps

Post by pearlysnaps »

Fool No Where wrote:
Cotter wrote: The Bear's AREN'T the worst team in the league!! Just 3 pts BETTER than the worst team!

Pretty sure the worst team in the league was on the field at lamb blow last night.

Seriously. That team last night appeared more like a lampoon pro team in some silly movie (the football equivalent of Major League) and not a true NFL team. It was sad for me to watch it (even rooting for the Pack)

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

How bad must have JaMarcus Russell have been for Oakland to be doing this well w/out him and w/ a career nobody replacing him? I mean, of course we all know he was terrible, but look at the difference!! It's truly remarkable.

dime in the gutter

Post by dime in the gutter »

beantownbubba wrote:How bad must have JaMarcus Russell have been for Oakland to be doing this well w/out him and w/ a career nobody replacing him? I mean, of course we all know he was terrible, but look at the difference!! It's truly remarkable.

that has been a head scratcher for me. bro was stout for 2.5 years here. good citizen. worked hard. accurate. astonishingly efficient for a big armed gunslinger. good leader.

hope he gets another chance.

PeterG

Post by PeterG »

dime in the gutter wrote:
beantownbubba wrote:How bad must have JaMarcus Russell have been for Oakland to be doing this well w/out him and w/ a career nobody replacing him? I mean, of course we all know he was terrible, but look at the difference!! It's truly remarkable.

that has been a head scratcher for me. bro was stout for 2.5 years here. good citizen. worked hard. accurate. astonishingly efficient for a big armed gunslinger. good leader.

hope he gets another chance.

JaMarcus became a Cancer to the Raiders...
Being the highest paid player at the most important position on the team, he was the last to arrive and the first to leave the facility...
He arrived w/ a drug problem that persisted throughout his time in Oakland.
Combine this w/ a poor work habit in the weight room, and practice field and you get a BUST.
Trust me, i wanted him to succeed badly, i needed him to succeed, but once he lost his Uncle Ray, it seemed like a downward spiral...
Al Davis would've never cut him, but the team was divided by his presence, he had to go.

If the rumors that he showed up in Washington for a workout at 270 lbs, it doesn't sound like he's turned it around just yet...
take a deep breath and throw yourself into it with everything you got...it's great to be alive!

Slipkid42

Post by Slipkid42 »

Ravens on the road again, in Atlanta, Thurs. night. Interesting matchup of best 2 QBs of the '08 Draft. I think I heard Ryan is 17-1 @ home. Even if you factor in TB & the Panthers, that is an astounding #. Falcons have their share of weapons, and Ravens D is shaky right now (will someone fire Singletary or M. Lewis, please?). Baltimore's offense also a work in progress. CamCam can't make up his mind how to spread the wealth around. It should be a real smasheroo in Dixie. !st of 3 in a row vs. NFC South (w/Saints to come later). We always seem to play the toughest 2 teams in the other divisions on the road (this year NYJ & NE & Atl, although we do get Carolina away). Fingers are crossed.

WoodDuck

Post by WoodDuck »

Falcons up 7-0 halfway through the 2nd.

Let's go! :twisted:

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

WoodDuck wrote:Falcons up 7-0 halfway through the 2nd.

Let's go! :twisted:

Had to turn the game off, but the Falcons looked real good from what i saw. As u may know, we have a rooting interest in Matty Ice around here :)

WoodDuck

Post by WoodDuck »

beantownbubba wrote:As u may know, we have a rooting interest in Matty Ice around here :)

BC Boy! He and Roddy have done great things.

Hell of a game. Bring on the Rams.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Bears played a decent game over a team with a clear edge in talent. Maybe their best game all year. Not sure how I feel about that. Every win means it's less and less likely Lovie Smith will get fired.

Fool No Where

Post by Fool No Where »

Three INTs and a fumble. You think Minnesota peeps are still happy Favre came back for another season. Thanks Brent!!!
Having a broken heart wears you out.

Clams

Post by Clams »

Can someone please explain to me the logic behind Washington giving McNabb a 5 year extension worth $78 million, $40 of which is guaranteed? He's 34 and just got benched two weeks ago. His QB rating is the lowest since his rookie year. The deal is for the same length and almost as much cash as the one Tom Brady recently signed. Am I missing something?
If you don't run you rust

Zip City

Post by Zip City »

Clams wrote:Can someone please explain to me the logic behind Washington giving McNabb a 5 year extension worth $78 million, $40 of which is guaranteed? He's 34 and just got benched two weeks ago. His QB rating is the lowest since his rookie year. The deal is for the same length and almost as much cash as the one Tom Brady recently signed. Am I missing something?

Dan Snyder
And I knew when I woke up Rock N Roll would be here forever

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Yesterday's Bears game cemented one of my deepest fears: a contract extension for Lovie Smith. Talks started today... :cry:

Given to Fly

Post by Given to Fly »

Clams

Post by Clams »

Jeez Louise, Michael Vick looks good tonight.
If you don't run you rust

Erdlivz

Post by Erdlivz »

Tequila Cowboy wrote:Yesterday's Bears game cemented one of my deepest fears: a contract extension for Lovie Smith. Talks started today... :cry:

And now I have a return sense of false hope for the Bears.

Erdlivz

Post by Erdlivz »

Clams wrote:Jeez Louise, Michael Vick looks good tonight.

Can you imagine if we have a Eagles v Falcons showdown in Atlanta? The way things are headed, these two teams look the best. Then again, this season has been nothing but strange twists.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Sometimes it looks like he's playing a different game than everyone else. Pretty rare on the pro level in any sport, to say the least.

It does indicate how much of sports at the highest level is mental. We can assume that Vick is not any physically better than he was 5 yrs ago, and he's probably slipped a little. But in terms of his focus, maturity and understanding of the game, he's a different person and when you tie that to the talent, well, u get a game like monday night's.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

beantownbubba wrote:

Sometimes it looks like he's playing a different game than everyone else. Pretty rare on the pro level in any sport, to say the least.

It does indicate how much of sports at the highest level is mental. We can assume that Vick is not any physically better than he was 5 yrs ago, and he's probably slipped a little. But in terms of his focus, maturity and understanding of the game, he's a different person and when you tie that to the talent, well, u get a game like monday night's.

I've never liked Vick as a QB. He has the skill set but never seemed to have the mental toughness to be a true NFL QB, despite some of stats in Atlanta. The 2010 version of Vick is one of the best in the game. Sometimes guys get better when you least expect it.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

What an awful game tonite. Miami can't win and Chicago apparently doesn't want to. Ugh for UGLEEEE.

How does Cutler, he of the cannon arm, underthrow Hester by about 8 yards on that attempted bomb? A better receiver just might have been able to reel it in, but seriously, Hester had his man beat by more than 5 yards and Cutler couldn't reach him?

If Brandon Marshall's out for any length of time Miami should just punt on first down for the rest of the season. I wonder what they did to make the gods so angry.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

The Bears look awful. This is the coach they're trying to sign to an extension???!!!