Pimp a product

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

one belt loop

Re: Pimp a product

Post by one belt loop »

I just wanted to confess that I haven't been "store-testing" for fresher coffee.
Matt playing like an evil motherfucker w/ rhythm with a capital MPLAEMWR.

- bubba

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

one belt loop wrote:I just wanted to confess that I haven't been "store-testing" for fresher coffee.

Bruno is gonna be PISSED! And Barbara, well, I think she just may turn around and go home. Or maybe she'll just spank you.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Flying Rabbit

Post by Flying Rabbit »

sg207 wrote:@FlyingRabbit: I'm not a huge wine drinker, but I've been told that region of Spain is fantastic for wine, and I believe it. I haven't had anything less than great from there. It's all I buy for myself anymore, and I've found wines ranging from about $8 to about $25. I usually stick with the $8, because as my fiance would tell you, I'm a cheap ass.

I think that's really the way to do it. Wine price is decided heavily on ratings, and you can get really good wine for around $10 if its just been flying under the radar. Wine always seems to go fast anyway.

SandyBritches

Post by SandyBritches »

Costa del Mar Sunglasses

Remington Shotguns

Sweetwater Beer

Red Wing 1155s

Bose SoundDock

littlemamma

Post by littlemamma »

wrekkr wrote:
littlemamma wrote:Twilight Turtle
It's cute. It makes a good night light. Every baby should have one. Plus, knowing what kinds of kids we're raising, it gets em ready for the Pink Floyd Laser Light Spectacular 16 years or so from now

would this be something appropriate for a 2 yo ?

My kids still use it at 8 and 4. and I turn it on at my own bedtime. So I say yes!! Anyone wanna go in with me to get one for LAJakes baby?
NSFW

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

merry christmas to me
“Excited people get on daddy’s nerves.” - M. Cooley

tinnitus photography

Post by tinnitus photography »

cortez the killer wrote:
Steve French wrote:the closed in toe means you can walk around on shingle or a riverbed much more confidently than in open toe sandals.

My decade-long quest is over. Thank you.

Chuck Taylor's are far cheaper and don't make you look like a lesbian.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Perhaps, in 2011, Mr. French and Cortez wanted to look like lesbians. You never know.

btw, thank you for reviving this thread BK, some laugh out loud moments here. It also reminds me that I need to lasso Cotter back here for a visit.

Oh and I have one to pimp as well. homemade ice cream kicks some ass and is pretty damned easy with this beauty:

We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

tinnitus photography wrote:
cortez the killer wrote:
Steve French wrote:the closed in toe means you can walk around on shingle or a riverbed much more confidently than in open toe sandals.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Clams

Post by Clams »

bovine knievel wrote:Image

merry christmas to me

That's sweet. What will you use it for? Must be some nice trout on those streams you're always floating on.
If you don't run you rust

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

Clams wrote:

merry christmas to me

That's sweet. What will you use it for? Must be some nice trout on those streams you're always floating on.

I'll be using it for trout. There are a ton of epic trout streams/rivers in my neck of the woods. I bought the reel (1000 series) and slapped it on a 6' Fenwick. The combo makes a great lightweight setup and is a huge upgrade to my 20 year old Eagle Claw.

tinnitus photography

i grew up using one of these:

i wonder where it is now

LBRod

Post by LBRod »

tinnitus photography wrote:i grew up using one of these:

i wonder where it is now

You are young. I started on a Garcia-Mitchell before they broke up.
Don't hurt people, and don't take their stuff.

cortez the killer

Post by cortez the killer »

tinnitus photography wrote:
cortez the killer wrote:

Sometimes I feel like a lesbian trapped inside a man's body.
You are entitled to your opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts.
- DPM

Beebs

Post by Beebs »

I'm usually not much of an evangelizer but Harrys.com has some seriously awesome razors.

Best razor and cream I've ever used. I only clean up around the beard a few times a week so the starter kit ($15) should last me about 6 months.
Beebs is not a ragey man

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

Beebs wrote:I'm usually not much of an evangelizer but Harrys.com has some seriously awesome razors.

Best razor and cream I've ever used. I only clean up around the beard a few times a week so the starter kit ($15) should last me about 6 months.

Good tip. I get irritated at the price of blades and usually just use them until they rip my face just on principal. I didn't know there was an alternative.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

So I tried Harry's and just finished my first shave. I was a little disappointed at first when I saw that blade was smaller than the Fusion razor I had been using but that turned out not to be an issue. The shaving lotion that came with the package was fantastic. Honestly the cost of shaving galls me so much that I usually use shower gel to shave but this was a treat. The blade literally glided on my face and while I usually lather up, shave and then repeat this time I didn't have to do that and completed my shave in half the time. If these blades last six shaves as advertised I've saved money and gotten a better shave. Thanks Beebs!

The only negative is the handle. I got the more expensive model and immediately liked the heavy weight but it's chrome like finish gets quite slippery and since I shave in the shower it could easily slip out of my hand. I might have to put some cloth tape on it to make in non slip.

Beebs

Post by Beebs »

I'll not be held responsible if you slip and bleed to death in the shower TC. Put some grip tape on that bitch.
Beebs is not a ragey man

cortez the killer

Post by cortez the killer »

Flood18 wrote:Sirachi Hot Sauce

Has forever changed my life.
You are entitled to your opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts.
- DPM

Flea

Post by Flea »

cortez the killer wrote:
Flood18 wrote:Sirachi Hot Sauce

Has forever changed my life.

Good flavor, but not nearly enough heat.
Now it's dark.

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

Not the real thing at all, but not bad if it's on the grill and all you can get.
(Helluva endorsement, huh?)

E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

So i finally got around to ordering the shaving pkg from Harry's. Used it for the first time yesterday. Walked outside and was immediately accosted by 2 coeds in bikinis who couldn't keep their hands off my face. I'm sold.

Seriously, I'm a convert. Thanks, beebs.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

beantownbubba wrote:So i finally got around to ordering the shaving pkg from Harry's. Used it for the first time yesterday. Walked outside and was immediately accosted by 2 coeds in bikinis who couldn't keep their hands off my face. I'm sold.

Seriously, I'm a convert. Thanks, beebs.

I'm sold on Harry's stuff too. I have yet to be accosted by coeds in bikinis!

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

So my crazy, fucked-up, best friend is about to sell off everything from his archives but his personal collection and his regional material. I'm not sure he knows it yet, but he is. And this just makes me so fucking sad I can hardly bear it, but all things considered, it's the only thing to do.

I hope we can work it out to sell them retail. In the event we can't, recommendations for someone who will give a good price wholesale would be very welcome.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

bovine knievel

Post by bovine knievel »

PonyGirl

Post by PonyGirl »

I'll hop on the endorsement of Ariat. I've had so much of it over the years; field boots, paddock boots, breeches, half chaps*, etc. Good stuff. Good warranty. If I win the lottery, the first thing I will purchase is Ariat Bromonts (and a Cooley sport horse... just learned about these. Amazing and coincidentally named).

*half chaps come to your knee. Full chaps are what people who don't really know what they are talking about refer to as assless chaps, even though that's a completely redundant term and they are just full chaps or chaps. Chaps with asses are called "pants."
His facial expression is terrifying. He's basically the equine Chucky.

sactochris

Post by sactochris »

PonyGirl wrote:

I'll hop on the endorsement of Ariat. I've had so much of it over the years; field boots, paddock boots, breeches, half chaps*, etc. Good stuff. Good warranty. If I win the lottery, the first thing I will purchase is Ariat Bromonts (and a Cooley sport horse... just learned about these. Amazing and coincidentally named).

*half chaps come to your knee. Full chaps are what people who don't really know what they are talking about refer to as assless chaps, even though that's a completely redundant term and they are just full chaps or chaps. Chaps with asses are called "pants."

My wife and daughter, who are both rather accomplished equestrians wear Ariat boots.
Keep calm and have a cigar

dime in the gutter

Post by dime in the gutter »

John A Arkansawyer wrote:So my crazy, fucked-up, best friend is about to sell off everything from his archives but his personal collection and his regional material. I'm not sure he knows it yet, but he is. And this just makes me so fucking sad I can hardly bear it, but all things considered, it's the only thing to do.

I hope we can work it out to sell them retail. In the event we can't, recommendations for someone who will give a good price wholesale would be very welcome.

tinnitus photography

just got these...can't wait to try them. it'll be nice having light ski boots that fit properly.

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

dime in the gutter wrote:
John A Arkansawyer wrote:So my crazy, fucked-up, best friend is about to sell off everything from his archives but his personal collection and his regional material. I'm not sure he knows it yet, but he is. And this just makes me so fucking sad I can hardly bear it, but all things considered, it's the only thing to do.

^^^Plan B.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be