Pimp a product

This forum is for talking about non-music-related stuff that the DBT fanbase might be interested in. This is not the place for inside jokes and BS. Take that crap to some other board.

Moderators: Jonicont, mark lynn, Maluca3, Tequila Cowboy, BigTom, CooleyGirl, olwiggum

PonyGirl

Re: Pimp a product

Post by PonyGirl »

sactochris wrote:
My wife and daughter, who are both rather accomplished equestrians wear Ariat boots.

Cool... I remember reading that your wife and daughter were riders... What discipline again? I know it was something cool that I'd love to try...
His facial expression is terrifying. He's basically the equine Chucky.

Jonicont
Site Admin

Post by Jonicont »

Indispensable
Always go to the show

sactochris

Post by sactochris »

PonyGirl wrote:
sactochris wrote:
My wife and daughter, who are both rather accomplished equestrians wear Ariat boots.

Cool... I remember reading that your wife and daughter were riders... What discipline again? I know it was something cool that I'd love to try...

Western mostly.
Keep calm and have a cigar

PonyGirl

Post by PonyGirl »

I don't want to give up eventing, just yet and when I do, I will probably change strictly to show jumping and dressage (the two less deadly phases in eventing), but I'd love to dabble in some of the western disciplines, like reining or team penning... I feel it would be beneficial and educational for my riding as well as fun. There's starting to be more mutual western/english respect and colaboration these days, which is how it should be, in my opinion.
His facial expression is terrifying. He's basically the equine Chucky.

sactochris

Post by sactochris »

PonyGirl wrote:I don't want to give up eventing, just yet and when I do, I will probably change strictly to show jumping and dressage (the two less deadly phases in eventing), but I'd love to dabble in some of the western disciplines, like reining or team penning... I feel it would be beneficial and educational for my riding as well as fun. There's starting to be more mutual western/english respect and colaboration these days, which is how it should be, in my opinion.

The organization my wife and daughter belong to is made up of both English and western riders. When they have events on the weekends it's usually English one day and western the next or vice versa.
Last edited by sactochris on Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

beantownbubba

Post by beantownbubba »

Pandemic is the first cooperative board game I've come across that actually works. Interesting, challenging and the cooperative aspects add to the enjoyment. As far as challenges go I think that if anything the game is tilted somewhat towards losing, but OTOH when u win there's a real feeling of accomplishment. I'd say that w/in the group of family members that I know play the game we win less than half the time. But that may say more about my family than about the game <shrug>. It also doesn't take that long to play - less than an hour for sure.

Counterintuitively given the relatively short playing time, the instructions are needlessly difficult and take a long time to wrap one's head around. But stick with it - play a game or 2 and all will become clear. NB: The box says for ages 8 & up but that's more than a tad optimistic - I'd say it would take at least a 12 year old to fully understand and enjoy the game but maybe your eight year olds are more precocious than mine were.
What used to be is gone and what ought to be ought not to be so hard

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

Another one here for Ariat boots. I wear their steel toed work boots on the job and they are the ONLY boots I've found that aren't falling apart by the time I've been working in them for six months. I don't plan to buy another brand from now on.
A single shot rifle and a one eyed dog.

phungi

Post by phungi »

If you like coffee, and like to take coffee with you on the road or to work, then the Nissan Thermos Backpack Bottle is for you.

By far, the best thermos/coffee travel mug I have found. Spill-proof, single-hand operation, Thermos brand, keeps coffee hot for hours. Plus, it makes a great gift.
We got messed up minds for these messed up times...

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

phungi wrote:If you like coffee, and like to take coffee with you on the road or to work, then the Nissan Thermos Backpack Bottle is for you.

By far, the best thermos/coffee travel mug I have found. Spill-proof, single-hand operation, Thermos brand, keeps coffee hot for hours. Plus, it makes a great gift.

How sturdy is it? I liked the last carry mug I had till it got dropped.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

Clams

Post by Clams »

John A Arkansawyer wrote:
phungi wrote:If you like coffee, and like to take coffee with you on the road or to work, then the Nissan Thermos Backpack Bottle is for you.

I have to speak up here. A few years ago Phungi pimped me into getting that cup and I didn't like it. It kept my coffee way too hot - to the point that it would burn my mouth like an hour after the coffee was in it. I returned it. Don't do it John Arkansawyer!
Everyone needs a friend, everyone needs a fuck

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

In other words Arkansawyer, if you buy it and don't like it don't blame Clams. :D
We call him Scooby Do, but Scooby doesn’t do. Scooby, is not involved

sactochris

Post by sactochris »

Fuck sliced bread. Snark guitar tuners are the best thing ever invented.

phungi

Post by phungi »

It is a metal thermos, so it is sturdy.

Feel free to join me in ignoring Clams' claim that it keeps coffee too hot... however, as a bonus, it is a thermos, a travel mug, and a Clam-repellant...
We got messed up minds for these messed up times...

John A Arkansawyer

Post by John A Arkansawyer »

Clams wrote:

I have to speak up here. A few years ago Phungi pimped me into getting that cup and I didn't like it. It kept my coffee way too hot - to the point that it would burn my mouth like an hour after the coffee was in it. I returned it. Don't do it John Arkansawyer!

Wise words! I'll give them the attention they deserve. In the meantime, I'd like to mention Thursday and Friday were snow days, yet yesterday it turned beautiful and today looks like another lovely spring day. That makes it very easy to decide what shirt to wear to work.

Tequila Cowboy wrote:In other words Arkansawyer, if you buy it and don't like it don't blame Clams. :D

I ain't puttin' a ring on nothin' any time in the foreseeable future, no matter how much it's his fault.
The sooner we put those assholes in the grave&piss on the dirt above it, the better off we'll be

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

phungi wrote:

It is a metal thermos, so it is sturdy.

Feel free to join me in ignoring Clams' claim that it keeps coffee too hot... however, as a bonus, it is a thermos, a travel mug, and a Clam-repellant...

Honestly I can't understand why too hot is a concern. When you need to cool the coffee take the top off for a few minutes. When I used to commute to an office I had an old Starbucks cup that I could fill up before I left for work and open at 3:00 PM and it would still be hot. It was glorious. I bought the exact same style of mug with the Caribou Coffee brand on it a year or so later (Starbucks changes it's cups so often they're often gone within weeks) and despite appearing identical it was not the same. I still have that original cup, battered and bruised as it is, but don't have the need to use it as much. Anyway I see no negative in heat retention for a coffee receptacle.

Cole Younger

Post by Cole Younger »

Kettle bells and the Russian kettle bell workout. Holy crap. My job is pretty physical so it's hard to make myself do it when I get home but I feel good after I'm done and it works.
A single shot rifle and a one eyed dog.

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

I'm not usually one for pimping a product or one for gimmicks to be honest but the Roadie 2 guitar tuner fucking rocks. My ear is OK for tuning a guitar and I have a tuner on my phone to double check but I absolutely hate restringing a guitar, makes me nuts, so when I saw this I thought this would actually help in that process as an automated string winder and tuner in one. It is great for that but I also use it to check my tuning every time I play now, it really only takes seconds. The other thing is that you can program multiple tunings using their phone app and are able to easily change tunings in a bout a minute. I go back and forth between a full step down and standard tuning so I love this thing. At $129 it's a little pricey but well worth it. They just launched a version for bass guitar as well.

https://www.roadietuner.com/indexb/?utm ... %2Fcart%2F

whatwouldcooleydo?

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I've been obsessed with both at various points in time.

The liquor store in town used to stock both. I can still get the pickled okra at Fareway. Great Bloody Mary garnish.

whatwouldcooleydo?

Post by whatwouldcooleydo? »

Been a Renfro's fanatic ever since encountering it in early 90s when living there. I've "johnny Appleseeded" for Renfro's ever since :lol:
Son, this ain't a dream no more, it's the real thing

Tequila Cowboy
Site Admin

Post by Tequila Cowboy »

and also from these folks the best sandwich relish on the planet

Iowan

Post by Iowan »

whatwouldcooleydo? wrote:Been a Renfro's fanatic ever since encountering it in early 90s when living there. I've "johnny Appleseeded" for Renfro's ever since :lol:
You can get Renfro's at any decent sized grocery store in these parts, but I do mix it up a bit with my salsas.

This has always been one of my staples. I have no idea how widely it's distributed, but it's out of GW's neck of the woods.

There's mild, medium, and hot. But it's not that hot.